Options

Red Rocks Ampitheater

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited February 2016
    so lets take a look at the Red Rocks schedule... just for kicks... there is 3 larger openings in the schedule currently in June & July... I think if they do it they would do 3-4 shows because of the demand, without playing 3 in a row... at least I would hope they would play more than 2 shows, not that I would complain...because of this, 4 shows in 5 days makes the most sense to me... anyway

6/13, 6/14, 6/15, 6/16... don't see this as a legit option... seems too soon after bonnaroo to make it that far to play 2 shows...

6/19, 6/20, 6/21, 6/22, 6/23, 6/24, 6/25, 6/26, 6/27... NOW we are talking, 9 days open in a row starting 10 days after Bonnaroo ... this is perfect for playing 4 shows in 5 days and who knows, possibly even more... this would be about 2 weeks before Rise so im not sure how that would fit as part of a tour or not, but this seems like an option

7/4, 7/5, 7/6, 7/7, 7/8, 7/9, 7/10, 7/11... obvious potential here being so close to Rise festival... Rise clearly would take out 7/9 and I would assume 7/10 & 7/11 as well... so that leaves 7/4 - 7/8... apparently Blues Traveler plays every 7/4 but it isn't on the schedule yet... so lets assume that leaves 7/5, 7/6, 7/7, 7/8... they could easily play 2 shows in there, 3 if they broke it up...
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    edited February 2016
    Noload said:

Are are there any restrictions around the festival? Looks like it's about 5 hours away from RR.

Pearl Jam seems like it would be a huge headliner for a festival like this. They are opposite Cage the Elephant? Regardless of whether they play Red Rocks the festival will still outsell last year probably because even a less attended PJ show will outdraw CTE (no offense to them). It makes some sense to play a smaller festival like this if they are going to do shows nearby.

Wishful thinking. Would love a few nights at Red Rocks.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    vito said:

Not if they play 3 shows! Places they need to add to this tour, 3 nights Red Rocks, 2 nights the Gorge, 2 nights Hollywood Bowl, 2 nights Shoreline Amphitheatre and then whatever else!

The Rock n' Roll sound kinda sucks deez at the Hollywood Bowl - this' very true if you're not dead center there. The deal is that it wasn't built for R n' R.

Likewise, the Greek Theater in LA sucks if you're in the wings.

• Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Widespread Panic will absolutely play Red Rocks on June 24-26 so you can eliminate those 3 nights as possibilities for Pearl Jam.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    edited February 2016
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

4 shows in 5 nights...

stop fucking around!

6 shows in 8 nights... red rocks residency... play the whole goddamn catalog... charge me $500 for the bluray

stop fucking around...
    they just need to buy the goddamn amphitheater and then they could play there anytime they want to.
    PS- and they would stop Panic from playing there ever again.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    thebuilderthebuilder Rifle, CO Posts: 118
    i am all about pj at the rocks.... i would piss myself...
    Feel free 2 feel free
  • Options
    motarmotar Posts: 141
    I live 10 minutes from Red Rocks and would love to see them play there. Just in case they dont, ive got tickets to see them twice in NYC and twice in Philly. Hell ive even got a hotel booked for the Ride festival. Obsess much?
  • Options
    motar said:

I live 10 minutes from Red Rocks and would love to see them play there. Just in case they dont, ive got tickets to see them twice in NYC and twice in Philly. Hell ive even got a hotel booked for the Ride festival. Obsess much?

You fit right in around here, don't sweat it lol
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    Bump... Just because
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,428
    motar said:

KOOL>Thanks for letting me crash at your place when these shows happen at Red Rocks>LOL!!!!
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    lolobugg said:

my2hands said:

my2hands said:

4 shows in 5 nights...

stop fucking around!

6 shows in 8 nights... red rocks residency... play the whole goddamn catalog... charge me $500 for the bluray

stop fucking around...
    they just need to buy the goddamn amphitheater and then they could play there anytime they want to.
    PS- and they would stop Panic from playing there ever again.
    Panic on the Rocks is one of the great concert experiences in the country. I've seen them do 7 shows there so far and hope to see them there again.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    I surely hope that PJ won't play RedRock ( out of selfish reasons ) since I can't go this year, not after 3 shows in Canada in May ... so fingers crossed for a Europe tour ( not that i could go to as many shows as i wanted to ) But next year I hope that they will play RR, a show there is on my bucket list and seeing PJ would be the ultimative "check"
    Burn my eyes and try to blind me
    Bury me so they won't find me
    Try to suck my power empty
    Got no crown of thorns on me
  • Options
    motarmotar Posts: 141
    cutz said:

motar said:

KOOL>Thanks for letting me crash at your place when these shows happen at Red Rocks>LOL!!!!
    Not a problem.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

4 shows in 5 nights...

stop fucking around!

stop fucking around...
    I like this guy
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    My Morning Jacket is doing 2 shows here over Memorial Day weekend...
    IF you want to see a GREAT show at Red Rocks,
    do NOT miss this one!!
    I'm super bummed I can't make to these shows,
    because the 100th running of the Indy 500 is this weekend...
    and I've been going to the race since the late 70's!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

4 shows in 5 nights...

stop fucking around!

stop fucking around...
    Somebody get this man a beer
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,428
    motar said:

cutz said:

motar said:

Not a problem.
    Alright!!!!!>Thanks>LOL!
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633
    Saw red rocks on tv last night

Me and my sons were watching the Celtics play the nuggets in Denver and they did one of those long pull aways from the buildings downtown to a shot from the last row on a perfect sunny day

Such a beautiful spot

Told them about my first pj show there in 95

Can't wait to get back there
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,918
    They obviously wouldn't announce it yet, as they want to sell festival tickets. But it would be kinda surprising, IF, they are going to play multiple nights at RR, that something hasn't leaked. Especially now that the Telluride information is out.

Hopefully this happens. Concert budget is pretty much blown for this summer, so may have to try and make this into a family vacation of sorts, haha.
  • Options
    I just want to know if Red Rocks is happening before I possibly blow my load on the Ride festival... unless of course they are just a few days apart then I would try to do both...

any little birdies out there?
  • Options
    Red Rocks is just too small. The Gorge should happen again though
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

They obviously wouldn't announce it yet, as they want to sell festival tickets. But it would be kinda surprising, IF, they are going to play multiple nights at RR, that something hasn't leaked. Especially now that the Telluride information is out.

Hopefully this happens. Concert budget is pretty much blown for this summer, so may have to try and make this into a family vacation of sorts, haha.

I would be very surprised if they play Telluride AND Red Rocks close together. If Ride is like any other festival, it seems like Red Rocks would be too close to allow for the headlining band to also play there, like how Lollapalooza acts don't get to play in/around Chicago at the same time as the festival.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    Widespread Panic does 3 or 4 night runs at Red Rocks every year.

Can you imagine the struggle to get tickets to a venue like Red Rocks for Pearl Jam
  • Options
    my2hands said:

so lets take a look at the Red Rocks schedule... just for kicks... there is 3 larger openings in the schedule currently in June & July... I think if they do it they would do 3-4 shows because of the demand, without playing 3 in a row... at least I would hope they would play more than 2 shows, not that I would complain...because of this, 4 shows in 5 days makes the most sense to me... anyway

6/13, 6/14, 6/15, 6/16... don't see this as a legit option... seems too soon after bonnaroo to make it that far to play 2 shows...

6/19, 6/20, 6/21, 6/22, 6/23, 6/24, 6/25, 6/26, 6/27... NOW we are talking, 9 days open in a row starting 10 days after Bonnaroo ... this is perfect for playing 4 shows in 5 days and who knows, possibly even more... this would be about 2 weeks before Rise so im not sure how that would fit as part of a tour or not, but this seems like an option

7/4, 7/5, 7/6, 7/7, 7/8, 7/9, 7/10, 7/11... obvious potential here being so close to Rise festival... Rise clearly would take out 7/9 and I would assume 7/10 & 7/11 as well... so that leaves 7/4 - 7/8... apparently Blues Traveler plays every 7/4 but it isn't on the schedule yet... so lets assume that leaves 7/5, 7/6, 7/7, 7/8... they could easily play 2 shows in there, 3 if they broke it up...

You can take 6/24 - 6/27 off. Widespread Panic pretty much always does the last weekend in June
  • Options

I would be very surprised if they play Telluride AND Red Rocks close together. If Ride is like any other festival, it seems like Red Rocks would be too close to allow for the headlining band to also play there, like how Lollapalooza acts don't get to play in/around Chicago at the same time as the festival.
    Ride is 11,000 people, not 100,000... Denver is 6 hours away from Telluride... there is no way there is that strong of an exclusion zone for such a small festival

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,157

my2hands said:

my2hands said:

4 shows in 5 nights...

stop fucking around!

stop fucking around...
    I like this guy
    I guess? Realistically the venue only holds 10000 people and loads of people would want to go. If PJ did so a number of shows there the odds of getting tickets for most of the shows would be really slim. If they did 6 dates you'd probably be lucky to get tickets to 1 or 2 nights? I can't see that many people getting tickets to all nights. 10000 seat venue for something that epic.... that would be tough on ticket demand. A destination even to a place with not near enough tickets..... ouch.
  • Options
    jordn6971 said:

Can you imagine the struggle to get tickets to a venue like Red Rocks for Pearl Jam

I don't understand why people think PJ would NOT play a venue because there is too much demand? that makes zero sense

MSG has more demand than any other location they could play... i'm guessing RR would be similar demand... especially if they play 4 shows... sure its a tough ticket, but too much demand is not a reason to not play somewhere, that's crazy...

PLUS, if they announce a tour with major cities like LA, throw in the gorge, some weekend dates, etc... it will ease demand as people will still want to prioritize their local show, or the gorge, or a weekend trip, etc...
  • Options
    Gorge holds 27,500. Two night there is over 50,000 tix. They would have to play 5 shows at Red Rocks to sell that many tickets.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

jordn6971 said:

I don't understand why people think PJ would NOT play a venue because there is too much demand? that makes zero sense

MSG has more demand than any other location they could play... i'm guessing RR would be similar demand... especially if they play 4 shows... sure its a tough ticket, but too much demand is not a reason to not play somewhere, that's crazy...

PLUS, if they announce a tour with major cities like LA, throw in the gorge, some weekend dates, etc... it will ease demand as people will still want to prioritize their local show, or the gorge, or a weekend trip, etc...
    I'm just saying it would suck for us to try and get tickets. I don't think the band will play there because it's not a profitable place for them to play unless they sell tickets for $200 a piece.
  • Options
    jordn6971 said:

Gorge holds 27,500. Two night there is over 50,000 tix. They would have to play 5 shows at Red Rocks to sell that many tickets.

I understand... so they play 4 shows in 5 nights at red rocks.... which fits right in the wide open June schedule currently at Red Rocks... they did it to close the spectrum?

I really don't understand why people think playing red rocks is impossible, or they just wont do it, because it doesn't hold 20,000? they play smaller arenas all of the time...