Options

Joe Louis Arena, Detroit MI to Close in 2017

2»

Comments

• Options
    Pistons play in the palace of auburn hills in the suburbs. The Joe is downtown
  • Options
    jason_94 said:

No offense to anyone out there, but …..

Of course this is just my opinion & I'm sure I'll take a beating from some of the Detroit faithful for it. Lol

The best "sounding" show they've ever played in Michigan by a country mile. Joe may not be much to look at, but it sounds so so so much better in there vs. the other main MI venues. The Palace sounds like a god damn tunnel.

It will be called little ceasars arena. Tom Wilson the Red Wings president was on a local Morning Show here in Detroit and he said some bands have contacted the wings organization about possibly playing a show(s) to close out the Joe. He did not give any names though..!!?

I like the sound of this.

(my mom's a professional musician, and played Mr. Wilson's daughter's wedding a year or two back. Great Detroiter, and a huge part of Piston's success in their championship years. Carry on.)

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    It's going to happen
  • Options

It's going to happen

I seriously think there is a good shot. EV and Chelios are thunderbuddies for life and cheli is still heavily involved with the wings organization. Currently an assistant coach.
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    edited October 2016

jason_94 said:

No offense to anyone out there, but …..

Of course this is just my opinion & I'm sure I'll take a beating from some of the Detroit faithful for it. Lol

The best "sounding" show they've ever played in Michigan by a country mile. Joe may not be much to look at, but it sounds so so so much better in there vs. the other main MI venues. The Palace sounds like a god damn tunnel.

Yes, I will agree with you that the sound is great & I'd much rather go to a show at the Joe rather than Pine Knob or the Palace.

----------------------------------------------------

Although, I would ecstatic to see Pearl Jam play at The Fox Theatre!

Post edited by jason_94 on
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI