Can we take our guns.....

gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,149
into the pearl jam shows?

loud, aggressive music, lots of people in close quarters bumping into each other, add some booze and drugs, outspoken band in the middle of a highly divided campaign season...

i'm sure everything would be fine.
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

Comments

• dudemandudeman Posts: 2,969
    Wow.

Just wow.....
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • What do you mean, wow?

If the streets are safe for guns... why would a concert be any different? If all the gun owners are responsible... nobody should be concerned. I feel more love and friendship at a concert than I do driving my car with everybody's stress levels elevated.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,149
    if more guns make us safer, what's the concern?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

What do you mean, wow?

If the streets are safe for guns... why would a concert be any different? If all the gun owners are responsible... nobody should be concerned. I feel more love and friendship at a concert than I do driving my car with everybody's stress levels elevated.

Who said that all gun owners are responsible?

Who said that more guns make us safer?
    dudeman said:

the nra. plus numerous posters on this forum.

dudeman said:

are you saying that there are places where guns should not be allowed?

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    Yee haw! Fuck yeah, dude!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

dudeman said:

There already are places where guns aren't legally allowed. Concert venues are among them.

This is a pretty ham-fisted attempt at an intentionally antagonistic thread, FWIW.
    dudeman said:

dudeman said:

There already are places where guns aren't legally allowed. Concert venues are among them.

This is a pretty ham-fisted attempt at an intentionally antagonistic thread, FWIW.
    Check out all the places where guns ARE allowed- restaurants, schools, bars, churches, Starbucks, Krogers, Walmart, on and on and on. It's ridiculous. The whole concept does deserve a heavy razzing and criticism.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,275
    Wait so the pro gunners here don't want guns on everybody , at schools at movie theaters and concealed to top it off I must of entered the twilight zone ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    dudeman said:

dudeman said:

In Texas they are allowed by law.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    brianlux said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

Check out all the places where guns ARE allowed- restaurants, schools, bars, churches, Starbucks, Krogers, Walmart, on and on and on. It's ridiculous. The whole concept does deserve a heavy razzing and criticism.
    This varies from state to state.

For the record, I don't think that just anybody should be able to carry guns wherever they want. There is a huge difference between someone who has sought training, passed a background check and proven themselves proficient with a gun and someone who just went and bought a gun because they thought it was a cool thing to do. Taking it even further, the guy with restraining orders, violent crime convictions or serious mental illness shouldn't be allowed anywhere near guns.

Wait so the pro gunners here don't want guns on everybody , at schools at movie theaters and concealed to top it off I must of entered the twilight zone ...

I don't ever recall anyone on here ever saying that everyone should have guns. Not ever.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,275
    dudeman said:

I don't ever recall anyone on here ever saying that everyone should have guns. Not ever.
    not is those words your correct but you always hear if someone in that theater/school/concerthall had a gun blah blah blah .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited January 2016

dudeman said:

not is those words your correct but you always hear if someone in that theater/school/concerthall had a gun blah blah blah .....
    There need to be a qualifier in there somewhere.

"If someone who had an appropriate level of training and possessed sound judgement in emergency situations had a gun, maybe some lives could have been saved."

Someone just having a gun and blasting away at what one might perceive as a "bad guy" is all wrong for a number of reasons.

I think we at least agree on the last part.
  • brianlux said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

Guns are against the law to have near a school…

This thread is also ridiculous...
    edited January 2016

brianlux said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

I wish that were true but the fact is, they are allowed in schools in some parts. Check it out:

http://www.armedcampuses.org/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/15/guns-in-schools-firearms-_n_2482168.html
    Post edited by brianlux on

dudeman said:

brianlux said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

For the record, I don't think that just anybody should be able to carry guns wherever they want. There is a huge difference between someone who has sought training, passed a background check and proven themselves proficient with a gun and someone who just went and bought a gun because they thought it was a cool thing to do. Taking it even further, the guy with restraining orders, violent crime convictions or serious mental illness shouldn't be allowed anywhere near guns.
    tell that to the nra leadership.

edited January 2016

brianlux said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

school districts have voted to allow teachers to carry guns in school.

i know people who will leave the field of teaching if they are told to carry a gun at work.

i don't see how it is ridiculous. it is a valid point. i want to take my guns to a concert. i want to be a vigilante and save everyone in case something happens. so can i?
    Post edited by gimmesometruth27 on

• brianlux said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

i know people who will leave the field of teaching if they are told to carry a gun at work.

i don't see how it is ridiculous. it is a valid point. i want to take my guns to a concert. i want to be a vigilante and save everyone in case something happens. so can i?
    Vigilante a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.

So that would be illegal…

Above with the school thing. I read the articles and can't figure out besides colleges, where you can carry a gun. When I lived in Florida and Louisiana it was illegal. So if they are changing laws then I am unaware...
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

I wish that were true but the fact is, they are allowed in schools in some parts. Check it out:

http://www.armedcampuses.org/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/15/guns-in-schools-firearms-_n_2482168.html
    Allowed by teachers/adults with training. It's not like students are running around armed and playing cops and robbers.

Some of those states only allow guns on campus if they're locked inside a vehicle.

dudeman said:

brianlux said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

tell that to the nra leadership.
    I have.
    edited January 2016

brianlux said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

A school district doesn't have the authority to make a teacher/faculty member carry a gun against their will.

Concerning the last part of this post, (and the whole thread, I guess): Do you expect this discussion to have any positive influence on AMT?
    Post edited by dudeman on
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388

brianlux said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

Not in Texas.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG