Options

led zepp at bonnaroo

2»

Comments

• Options
    bird jam wrote:
    Led Zeppelin is not playing Bonnaroo this year.
    but what if Led Zeppelin is not NOT playing Bonnaroo this year?
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    sgossard3 wrote:
    well i dunno... id want to see PJ, robert randolph, sigur ros, bb king, the raconteurs... and im mildly interested in drive-by truckers, mastodon, and the allman bros...

i guess its not so much a mediocre lineup... i just have seen most of them live already with the exception of sigur ros... which i REALLY wanna see at some point... but not in that atmosphere... the lineup is on the edge of being worth it... zeppelin would make it worth it... as would neil...

well, it could be better. but with Metallica, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, MMJ, Allmans, Willie, Levon Helm, Robert Randolph, Bluegrass Allstars, Tegan & Sara, Ben Folds, Aimee Mann, Lez Zeppelin... i'm sold. oh yeah, and PEARL JAM.

i bet a lot of the bands/artists I don't know will be good too.
  • Options
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    well, it could be better. but with Metallica, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, MMJ, Allmans, Willie, Levon Helm, Robert Randolph, Bluegrass Allstars, Tegan & Sara, Ben Folds, Aimee Mann, Lez Zeppelin... i'm sold. oh yeah, and PEARL JAM.

i bet a lot of the bands/artists I don't know will be good too.
    i noticed sigur ros isnt on your list... i dont like to pressure people with musical opinions and maybe youve already heard em before and dont like em... but if you havent... i HIGHLY encourage you to check em out while youre there... its like an other wordly, ambient, icelandic, dreamscape of perfection... seen some footage of them live and it looks and sounds like an incredible experience... just a heads up! :D

and i guess metallica is kindof the biggest turn off for me... if they were to replace them with just about any other big name (not megadeth of course :p ) id probably consider going moreso...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    sgossard3 wrote:
    why would you book a cover band at all?? cover bands are jokes... the way i see it, the promoters are having a lil fun with the media and everyone whose not sure if they wanna go... its more a hint at something than anything i say... just a theory... quite frankly id prefer if zep doesnt play cause then ill be pissed i didnt go

I mostly agree, except with the Australian Pink Floyd show. They are completely amazing.
  • Options
    encompassing tripencompassing trip Columbia SC Posts: 160
    my2hands wrote:
    ;)
    expect Derek Trucks also.
  • Options
    They are not playing there
    at least as of now
    but most deffinetly not
    Jimmy says they won't even get to play together until september at the earliest
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    sgossard3 wrote:
    i noticed sigur ros isnt on your list... i dont like to pressure people with musical opinions and maybe youve already heard em before and dont like em... but if you havent... i HIGHLY encourage you to check em out while youre there... its like an other wordly, ambient, icelandic, dreamscape of perfection... seen some footage of them live and it looks and sounds like an incredible experience... just a heads up! :D

and i guess metallica is kindof the biggest turn off for me... if they were to replace them with just about any other big name (not megadeth of course :p ) id probably consider going moreso...

i've heard sigur ros, but only once - i think they were playing on conan o'brien or something like that - and their music just didn't jump out and grab me. i guess it's just that I need something energetic in my music. but that was only one song of theirs, so it's hard to form an opinion. i may check them out at Bonnaroo if there's no one else worse seeing (is their even multiple stages at Bonnaroo?).

i have some problems with Metallica - but i think their 80's and early 90's material is really fun. i've seen them live i think 5 times, maybe 6 - they put on a fucking rock show. i just hope Hetfield doesn't get too Hetfiedly.