Options

Ft. Lauderdale and Miami Roll Call

joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
Want to know who's going and where a good pre party can be held at these two cities. See ya there!

Comments

• Options
    I'll be at both... Ft lauderdale, I am assuming it will be in the parking lot.

Miami, I am not sure. There is bayside right next to the venue which has a bunch of bars and restaurants but they are all a little pricey AND super touristy... I am going to start looking for a good bar in the area. There were a few good spots but they just got torn down for more development! But I am going to do my research...lol
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    Ft. Lauderdale here
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Ft. Lauderdale and Miami here
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,588
    I'm hoping to get down there from Iowa for those 2 shows. Cheap flights and 2 pearl jam shows make for an easy decision!
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    I'll be at as will smith says, Miami Miami
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    In for BOTH.
    Most people with low self-esteem have earned it.
  • Options
    Good hotel in Miami?? anyone know?
    Most people with low self-esteem have earned it.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    opening the tour on a Friday & Saturday night in Ft Lauderdale & Miami... i'm surprised this isn't more hyped up
  • Options
    be quiet ^^^^
  • Options

be quiet ^^^^

i hear you... im not even posting in the thread of the show I want to keep quiet lol

• Options
    Just kidding - all of the shows should be hyped - it's frickin Led Zeppelin - I mean Pearl Jam
  • Options

Good hotel in Miami?? anyone know?

avoid 8th street... unless you are looking for the hourly rate kinda vibe... I would airbnb in the brickel, midtown, wynwood area. A lot of the highrise apartments are seasonal, you might be able to find something good. Also look for hotels in that area.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

be quiet ^^^^

i hear you... im not even posting in the thread of the show I want to keep quiet lol

Aww man, I've been waiting to see where you're going so I can spend an extra $170 and buy plane tix and a hotel room to go there too! (?)
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    I'm about 80% committed to being at these shows.
  • Options

my2hands said:

be quiet ^^^^

Aww man, I've been waiting to see where you're going so I can spend an extra $170 and buy plane tix and a hotel room to go there too! (?)
    dude, I was joking
  • Options
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

be quiet ^^^^

dude, I was joking
    Oh. Seemed serious to me!
  • Options
    pjrusspjruss Posts: 455
    Both for me. First time I can see them and then sleep in my own bed after the show in a long time!
    As for a pre-party....the arena in Sunrise is directly across the street from a humongous mall. The good news is they let you park at the mall for free and walk across to the arena. The bad news is there isn't much around there besides the mall. The Everglades are literally on the west side of the arena.
    As previously mentioned, the mall parking lot may be the best place to hang out before the show. There is a restaurant called Bahama Breeze there, but I doubt they would be too accommodating.
    For the Miami show it would have to be somewhere at Bayside. The area around that arena isn't the greatest unfortunately. And nowhere to park for free either.
    Is it April yet?!?!? Can't wait!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    AHEM.....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I just talked to my best friend, who lives across from the arena in Miami, and she recommended The Corner http://www.thecornermiami.com/

I forgot about this place, it is a great little space. It is on of the few good "dive" bars in Downtown that hasn't been torn down. And it is for sure walking distance.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    In for Both
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    my2hands said:

opening the tour on a Friday & Saturday night in Ft Lauderdale & Miami... i'm surprised this isn't more hyped up

When a tour is supporting a new album, seeing the first few shows is always great. But in this case, with no album expected, I would much rather see them towards the middle of end of the tour, which is typically when the rarities start to come out more and more in the setlists.

That all being said, I am planning on hitting the first 3 FL shows despite this. In my case this has more to do with the Canadian dollar and the cost of flights to Florida versus most of the other cities in this tour.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    ^^^ you thought process is rational, however this is Pearl Jam
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    edited January 2016
    Alright.......% odds question-

If a show is 50% GA and then 99% reserved, does this mean.....for example, you have a 50/50 shot of being selected for GA? (meaning twice as many people have selected GA than is available)

But then if you aren't selected for GA, you have basically a lock of receiving at least reserved seats, because not as many people have selected those as are available? No matter what selection number the reserved was selected?
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    Isnt there 1 day left on the airCanada florida flights sale?
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Hunger StrikeHunger Strike Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 229
    I'm in for both!
  • Options

Alright.......% odds question-

If a show is 50% GA and then 99% reserved, does this mean.....for example, you have a 50/50 shot of being selected for GA? (meaning twice as many people have selected GA than is available)

But then if you aren't selected for GA, you have basically a lock of receiving at least reserved seats, because not as many people have selected those as are available? No matter what selection number the reserved was selected?

That is what I am figuring... I went 1. GA Miami, 2. GA FTL, 3 SEAT Miami, 4. Seat FTL... if you dont get your first choice, they bump you to the second, and so on... But as long as the Assigned Seats stay at 99% we are safe because you had to chose the category to get the seat, so even if it was your 4th choice, you are still in the drawing.
  • Options
    Ice22Ice22 Posts: 48
    I'm in for both! At least I hope I am - pending the lottery of course.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited January 2016
    I'm at both and either Tampa and orJville.

As someone said earlier,Bahamas Breeze across the street from the BBand T is only decent close option.But about 20 min east is the arts district in Ft.Lauderdale.Thats a great bar,live music and party area.Everything open real late.If you stay in Lauderdale that would be my first choice.I love the Elvis burger at Rock burger.

In Miami I stay at the Hilton.Its about 3 football fields from the arena.Easy safe walk.The lounge/bar in the Hilton is usually where we end up pre game and after show.Food is good and no driving.The area is very lacking in food and bar choices on foot.South Beach is right across the causeway and that's a great party area also.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • Options
    Downtown Fort Lauderdale's arts scene is very far from BB&T (which is near the Turnpike), on the other side of the county. 45 mins? Any east-west driving is going to eat up a lot of time in Fla. So if you're staying on the beach, give yourself plenty of time to go west.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Me. Im going