stotstot Posts: 207
    I'm in! I was also there in '98.
    '00 Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, & Seattle
    '03 Nashville & Atlanta
    '04 Tampa
    '08 Roo & Columbia
  • Options
    coming from Asheville...

back in the day, there was a great bar called The Handlebar in Greenville, saw some great stuff a few decades ago :blush:

its been awhile since I've been back. looking fwd to the 10c seats!

Tinroofecho.bandcamp.com
  • Options
    P-Town-P-Jam-FanP-Town-P-Jam-Fan Posts: 898
    edited January 2016
    When I was booking with SPG points, the Westin and Aloft were both 10k points a night. The Westin looked like a classic hotel where Aloft is more contemporary..like a "W" hotel. We ended up booking the Westin because it feft like a better value.
    Post edited by P-Town-P-Jam-Fan on
    Gorge
  • Options
    retroponyretropony Myrtle Beach SC Posts: 349
    Well I hope it is! They took my $300 for Saturday night! Lol!
    mcrok said:

retropony said:

Anyone else staying at aloft?

This is brand new...not sure if it is open. The location is perfect and it looks really really cool.
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
  • Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    MedozK said:

mcrok said:

The two closest hotels to the arena would be Hyatt and the new Aloft. I'd say all the hotels in downtown greenville are within a mile of the arena. Going south to north on main street is an incline, fyi.

Booked the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenville - Downtown off N. Main Street, it looks fairly close maybe a 3-4 blocks? Any info on this one?
    Oh yea, I forgot about that one....it also very close to the arena....kinda across the street from Hyatt...this is kinda the beginning of Main street as far as restraunts shops etc....if you hop Main street and walk south you will see everything....there are restaurants and stuff for the entire 1.5 miles south ending at Flour Field (minor league team for RedSox...Green Monster Replica stadium)

If you head north from there brings you to Stone Ave....this is where Horizon Records/Bohemian Cafe...The Handlebar are located.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options

When I was booking with SPG points, the Westin and Aloft were both 10k points a night. The Westin looked like a classic hotel where Aloft is more contemporary..like a "W" hotel. We ended up booking the Westin because it feft like a better value.

I hear the Westin is pretty nice...I wouldn't be surprised if the Band stays there or the Hyatt. I don't think it is the nicest Westin ever but I heard it is nice. Aloft is brand new, pool on the roof....I always go with the newest places but that is my personal preference:)

Downtown is so walkable and nice that anywhere you stay down there is a good spot.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
  • Options
    PARKING...for those of you that will not be lodging downtown...most of the parking downtown is free....parking garages are also normally free on the weekends. So if you want to checkout downtown keep that in mind. It is usually very busy during the weekends so that can be the only issue with parking.

During events some of the parking garages near the arena will have a flat fee rate. Arena parking isn't too bad. I usually park in one the private parking areas for like 15 bucks located on adjacent streets. Easy in and out.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
  • Options
    acupunkacupunk Posts: 20
    I'll be there for my first show show with 3 other newbies (all single tickets), but we're IN and then hitting Columbia a few days later !
    It's OK! This is my chance, this is my life, this is my choice, this is my voice, there may be no tomorrow~We love you anyway....It's OK!
  • Options
    acupunkacupunk Posts: 20
    mcrok said:

is that why there is a full 2 day gap in between jax and greenville? very interesting point lolo...very interesting

lolobugg said:

anyone here think that they might add an extra show to Greenville? i know that it seems silly but pulling from ATL, WNC, Knoxville and Nashville would probably sell this date out pretty quickly. esp since it is on a weekend. the place isn't that big either. saw them there in 98.
    am i crazy to hope for this????

If so, I hope it's on Sunday!
    It's OK! This is my chance, this is my life, this is my choice, this is my voice, there may be no tomorrow~We love you anyway....It's OK!
  • Options
    SB53466SB53466 Posts: 20
    If you really love craft beer Asheville is one of the best city's in the country. Eclectic, easy to get around. Very expensive to stay on weekends though. Try AirBnB
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,776
    Not sure if I posted in here yet to confirm that we got tix on TM. We pulled 2 singles in 105! So happy my brother and I are in for this one! We are flying in super late Friday night (after work) and flying home super early Sunday morning. Won't sleep much that weekend but this way we squeeze in 1 more show this tour and minimize trauma to the spouses and kids and use no vacation time!

Long shot.... If anybody with GA would rather have their own spot and easy pee breaks and no line up headache... Let me know. 105 appears to be right by Stone. We'd love to relieve you of the inconvenience of GA :wink:
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

Not sure if I posted in here yet to confirm that we got tix on TM. We pulled 2 singles in 105! So happy my brother and I are in for this one! We are flying in super late Friday night (after work) and flying home super early Sunday morning. Won't sleep much that weekend but this way we squeeze in 1 more show this tour and minimize trauma to the spouses and kids and use no vacation time!

Long shot.... If anybody with GA would rather have their own spot and easy pee breaks and no line up headache... Let me know. 105 appears to be right by Stone. We'd love to relieve you of the inconvenience of GA :wink:

Hope to see you in Greenville Jen...
    Ginger scored Reserved seats there too!!
    Nice little Tulsa / Lincoln reunion we got going here :plus_one:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    I just looked at the layout of this venue and wow it looks great! I am curious about where my 10C tickets will be located. Has anyone ever been behind the band? What's it like to watch the band from behind? Either way I'm glad to be in the building.
    I'm ready to be in Greenville now!! I just spun Riot Act and VS. yesterday. I think my PJ catalog will be getting a bit more attention.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    Pearl Jam_iePearl Jam_ie Posts: 821
    edited January 2016
    moses562 said:

I just looked at the layout of this venue and wow it looks great! I am curious about where my 10C tickets will be located. Has anyone ever been behind the band? What's it like to watch the band from behind? Either way I'm glad to be in the building.
    I'm ready to be in Greenville now!! I just spun Riot Act and VS. yesterday. I think my PJ catalog will be getting a bit more attention.

If you want a general idea of where 10c tickets are, just look at StubHub and check out the sections that they don't have any, or very few, tickets available for. Judging by the lack of tickets they have for the 3 wing sections, pit, and front floor reserved sections, I'd say the 10c seats will all be pretty good. 10c tickets won't be behind the stage, but that being said, I never hesitate to take seats behind the stage when they come up.

Post edited by Pearl Jam_ie on
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    I will be there with reserved seats. I live 2 miles from the venue. Lived In Greenville since 1998. It will be great. I am working on a Pearl Jam pre party venue downtown, just a few blocks from the arena. Have to speak to the owner this week. It's a cool bar with food also. Hoping he will do giveaways and things. For sure Pearl Jam on the radio the whole time. Has inside and outside seating. I will post when I know more. Will be in Columbia and Raleigh too to make it a total of 25 shows. Excited beyond belief.
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,881
    I'm in…. PJ4LIFE
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    If you want a general idea of where 10c tickets are, just look at StubHub and check out the sections that they don't have any, or very few, tickets available for. Judging by the lack of tickets they have for the 3 wing sections, pit, and front floor reserved sections, I'd say the 10c seats will all be pretty good. 10c tickets won't be behind the stage, but that being said, I never hesitate to take seats behind the stage when they come up.

Neat tip. I'll check it out. If I were to be behind the stage it would be fine. I'm just glad to be in the building. This'll be show #6! Peanuts to some...and for those that this will be their first show...you're in for a treat! I've been to many different bands shiws but PJ just sticks and lingers long after the show ends. :)
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    zevilonezevilone Posts: 339
    cant wait, have really good seats in sec 112 row E if someone wants to trade for their floors :)
  • Options
    Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482

Catwoman1 said:

I have a question for the locals. We're traveling from Maryland (the Eastern Shore), and will be going to Raleigh for the show on the 20th. Any suggestions for sightseeing from Greenville to Raleigh? What cities are fun? We love baseball, quirky places, music (of course!), and art. Thanks for any suggestions!

One option is to drive one hour to Asheville and watch the Asheville tourists baseball, catch a show at the orange peel and then hit i-40 to for 4 hours to Raleigh.
    Asheville is the best "destination" city that's not too far out of the way. You've got the mountains with great hiking trails on the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Biltmore estate, lots of quirky shopping places. Plus, it's a great beer city with lots of local breweries. It's about a 3 hour drive from where I live and my wife and I travel up that way for long weekends pretty regularly.

There are some things to do in Charlotte, but I wouldn't go out of my way just to visit there. They do have the Knights (AAA team of the White Sox) if you really want to maximize the baseball opportunities.
    Thank you! We went to Asheville about ten years ago, and loved it. May be time for a return visit!
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482

Catwoman1 said:

I have a question for the locals. We're traveling from Maryland (the Eastern Shore), and will be going to Raleigh for the show on the 20th. Any suggestions for sightseeing from Greenville to Raleigh? What cities are fun? We love baseball, quirky places, music (of course!), and art. Thanks for any suggestions!

One option is to drive one hour to Asheville and watch the Asheville tourists baseball, catch a show at the orange peel and then hit i-40 to for 4 hours to Raleigh.
    Thank you! We've heard lots of good things about Raleigh, too. We're so looking forward to this trip!
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 799
    Ok so heading down and at the moment at least booked at the La Quinta Greenville/Haywood. Had to book something as prices are heading up, quite a bit from Friday and things seem to be booking fast.

After that looks like we are heading to Asheville for 2 nights. Staying at the new Village Hotel at Biltmore, looks really nice. Will try and hit as many as the breweries in town as possible, lol looks pretty cool.

Then I think we are off to Raleigh for 2 nights. Which just so happens to line up with PJ in Raleigh! Trying to see if I can land a ticket to that. I don't think my wife will want to do another show so will probably go solo. But would be a great way to bookend the trip.

So wheres the pre party!?
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    marjen said:

Ok so heading down and at the moment at least booked at the La Quinta Greenville/Haywood. Had to book something as prices are heading up, quite a bit from Friday and things seem to be booking fast.

After that looks like we are heading to Asheville for 2 nights. Staying at the new Village Hotel at Biltmore, looks really nice. Will try and hit as many as the breweries in town as possible, lol looks pretty cool.

Then I think we are off to Raleigh for 2 nights. Which just so happens to line up with PJ in Raleigh! Trying to see if I can land a ticket to that. I don't think my wife will want to do another show so will probably go solo. But would be a great way to bookend the trip.

So wheres the pre party!?

I think the Wishlist Pre-Party's location is still being decided on. Same with the other cities
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    MS23098MS23098 Posts: 102
    Wife and I are doing our craziest Pearl Jam road trip to date. 10 hr drive from Hamilton, NJ leaving Friday night to catch show on Saturday and coming back home on Sunday. Is there anyone nearby us or along our way that would want to hop in and carpool? We could take people just one way too most likely
  • Options
    lugnutlugnut Asheville Posts: 67
    I'm still trying to find a good (or two) Greenville tix ... will throw in 2 passes for Biltmore Estate in Asheville (value of 130.00$) ...

Also: several folks have mentioned stopping in Asheville - so just for fun and to keep the touring vibe going I'm Thinking we might very loosely organize a downtown
    walkabout brewery tour for Friday or Sunday afternoon since we have some family and friend connections Involved .. Will keep posted which day, time, and at which brewery to meet in case you care to join.
  • Options
    zevilonezevilone Posts: 339
    haven't seen a show in that arena since phish in 1998, was called the Bi-Lo Center then
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Bon Secours Wellness Arena is a terrible terrible name for a venue lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,919
    75 days to go folks!! Looking forward to the show!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Try to stay at new Aloft downtown, Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn Riverplace or Hyatt Regency downtown if reasonable. Probably a little higher than Haywood Road or Woodruff Road, but you can park and walk everywhere you want to be. They are all on or just off Main Street and just a couple of blocks from the concert. No parking charge at Hoilday Inn Express. Hope this helps a bit. I will have info on pre party venue this week. It will be on Main right near the venue. Stay tuned!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    We're staying at the Aloft downtown, seems like a good spot
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Great spot! Newest hotel. Bar is terrific with real good live music on weekends. Best Aloft bar I have ever been to.