Options

Sean Penn's 'interview' with El Chapo

12346»

Comments

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    pjtaper said:

Ever since I saw as much of Tree of Life as I could tolerate, I've wished nothing but death for Sean Penn... worst movie ever. I wish Vedder would stop following him around like a little schoolgirl!

Penn has disowned it as well.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

pjtaper said:

Ever since I saw as much of Tree of Life as I could tolerate, I've wished nothing but death for Sean Penn... worst movie ever. I wish Vedder would stop following him around like a little schoolgirl!

That is pretty fucking extreme, don't you think?? You've wished nothing but death for him because you hated one of his movies?? Huh? I guess you must be exaggerating, but perhaps find a better way to express yourself, since wishing death upon someone shouldn't be taken lightly.
    I agree that Tree of Life was a pretentious piece of shit though. I mean seriously, what the FUCK were they thinking?? And it was nominated for best picture FFS. I was flabbergasted.
    On top of that, Penn has bashed the movie he was in.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

I would say Sean Penn is the left equivalent of Clint Eastwood.

Ah cept penn is smart. And mostly on correct side of issues.

Just see a lot of envy and jealousy.
    ?? Clint Eastwood is brilliant. Yeah, his politics are very old man and right wing, but he's incredibly smart.
    I'd rather have him direct a Benghazzi movie than that Bay hack.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758

I thought he was good on 60 minutes last night. I liked how he was honest about his journalist abilities.

No talk about how the article is also fucking terrible and offers almost no insight into the guy?

Here you go . . . The article is in fact fucking terrible, as in the *actual writing* is laugh-out-loud, embarrassingly amateur. That alone reveals Penn as a moron in my view . . . never mind that I also find him to be an over-rated actor and annoying as a celebrity in general. I can't think of any movie that I liked with him in it. I enjoyed Into the Wild, but McCandliss ultimately created that story, not Penn. He just made it look pretty.
    Watch All the Kings men. It was about Huey P Long. Good movie.
    Saw it. Didn't like it. Read the book multiple times and did not enjoy the adaptation. To each his own.
    Are you familiar with Huey Long and what he did? I loved it (movie) but if you don't like it then I can't argue with that.
    Yup. Did a whole study of it in a college lit class. Didn't like the film. Didn't come anywhere near capturing the character, in my view. Sean Penn just annoys me as an actor. Highly subjective opinion, I know.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    stick Penn on Kony next.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Penn is trying to stop a Netflix doc that claims he ratted out El Chapo to the DOJ.

Meanwhile El Chapo is rotting away in a sensory deprivation cell.

I would not want to be in Penn's shoes right now.  It's one thing to go hang out with Venezualen dictators and thumb your nose at GW, but one does not fuck with leaders of Mexican drug cartels that are famous for stitching the faces of their enemies onto soccer balls.

Tough spot for Netflix.  Basically sealing his death warrant if they go ahead.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Jason P said:
    Penn is trying to stop a Netflix doc that claims he ratted out El Chapo to the DOJ.

Meanwhile El Chapo is rotting away in a sensory deprivation cell.

I would not want to be in Penn's shoes right now.  It's one thing to go hang out with Venezualen dictators and thumb your nose at GW, but one does not fuck with leaders of Mexican drug cartels that are famous for stitching the faces of their enemies onto soccer balls.

Tough spot for Netflix.  Basically sealing his death warrant if they go ahead.
    If Netflix knows this, wouldn't the cartels already know this as well?
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    Red Dragons!
    I like Sean Penn movies.
    I loved the El Chapo series.
    Would be awesome if Penn did an El Chapo movie.
    Would be brutal if Penn was murdered because of all of this.
    Wouldn't be surprised if he was. Sketchy business working with El Chapo. 
    Tacos.
    Poems.
    Coffee.

Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!