Options

Sean Penn's 'interview' with El Chapo

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
Nothing cool about it. I can't quite eloquently explain why I am not impressed or why I think he's just a little more douche-y with this latest stunt.
www.cluthelee.com

Comments

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I agree 100%, but then I think about journalists that met with Bin Laden. Key word is journalists I guess, but the Penn thing seems douchey
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    It served one purpose, to further inflate the ego of a man who is a self-obsessed, evil, arrogant murderer of God knows how many people.

You know, the stuff Hollywood thrives on.

He'll get his wish, there will be a movie about him.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,742
    Sean Penn is an asshole.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601

Sean Penn is an asshole.

Bingo
  • Options
    I think it was fantastic that he was able to pull it off. The lengths some actors go through for their research is incredible.
    It might be a big screen movie or a Netflix type documentary.
    Either way it will be a very intriguing look into a sinister underworld and the ruler of it all.
    Can't wait !
  • Options

I think it was fantastic that he was able to pull it off. The lengths some actors go through for their research is incredible.
    It might be a big screen movie or a Netflix type documentary.
    Either way it will be a very intriguing look into a sinister underworld and the ruler of it all.
    Can't wait !

I get the allure of drug dealers, I fall for it too, but this is complete bullshit. Dude is serving as a propaganda machine for one of the most violent men in the world who is responsible for thousands of deaths.

Fuck Sean penn
  • Options
    While Sean Penn hangs out with him and provides the cartel leader final say on the story, this is what real journalists face

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/censor-or-die-the-death-of-mexican-news-in-the-age-of-drug-cartels/2015/12/09/23acf3ae-8a26-11e5-9a07-453018f9a0ec_story.html
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    They wouldn't have found him if it wasn't for Penn's interview it turns out!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Sean Penn found him before our top agents did. Think about that for a sec.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I think he was more "findable" due to his lust to have a film made about him. Penn - from what I've read - did nothing special, could've been anyone.

As someone else mentioned, ego. Big motherfucking ego but, trying to hide behind a passive-aggressive curtain.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Penn is the liberal Ted Nugent. They're both jackasses who need to zip it.

I'm so glad Charlize dumped him.
  • Options

Penn is the liberal Ted Nugent. They're both jackasses who need to zip it.

I'm so glad Charlize dumped him.

No one cares about his ex.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/01/11/462390288/anatomy-of-addiction-how-heroin-and-opioids-hijack-the-brain

I understand Mexico's bad economy - and long history with turning to drug manufacture/selling for a living. Desperation leads people down some dark paths, but what about the alternative? What about choosing another way that doesn't destroy the living slowly and kill at moment's notice? Chapo's interview answers are nothing - there's nothing romantic about them, or him. As for Penn....
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Not sure why everyone doesn't like him..he's basically been rebuilding Haiti with his own two hands..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

Not sure why everyone doesn't like him..he's basically been rebuilding Haiti with his own two hands..

That's the only good thing he's done...
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

Wma31394 said:

I doubt it..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

Wma31394 said:

I doubt it..
    Seems like just a swell guy

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/02/23/twitter-turns-on-abuser-sean-penn-following-his-oscars-green-card-joke.html
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    It never occurred to me to be bothered by this, and I don't really get why anyone is. I think it's pretty fucking interesting thing to do, actually. I don't understand what is supposed to be douchey about it.
    The liberal Ted Nugent? Gimme a break. That's silly.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Not sure why this thread isn't in AMT....hmmm
    Anyway this article http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/01/journalists-stop-complaining-about-sean-penn-213519
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

It never occurred to me to be bothered by this, and I don't really get why anyone is. I think it's pretty fucking interesting thing to do, actually. I don't understand what is supposed to be douchey about it.

By giving Guzman last say in the article he is serving as a mouth piece for a scumbag
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    PJ_Soul said:

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534

PJ_Soul said:

By giving Guzman last say in the article he is serving as a mouth piece for a scumbag
    Oh, pooh, lol. You're over thinking it IMO.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Not at all. You don't see anything wrong with telling the public a story that a man responsible for thousands of murders wants told? There's a reason he didn't go to anyone with dignity...
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Larry Wilmore on Sean Penn tonight is amazing. Sorry, but I can't find a link yet.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Not at all. You don't see anything wrong with telling the public a story that a man responsible for thousands of murders wants told? There's a reason he didn't go to anyone with dignity...
    So I guess we shouldn't tell stories about WW2 anymore?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Stop it. Given your analogy, which I think is absurd, should a celebrity have tracked down Hitler and told the exact story he wanted told? Would you celebrated that?
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    nothing is damaged cliffy
    he knows its over soon too
  • Options

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Stop it. Given your analogy, which I think is absurd, should a celebrity have tracked down Hitler and told the exact story he wanted told? Would you celebrated that?
    Absolutely! Love and knowledge are all that really matter in this life, the more, the better. If we had such information we would know so much more about what creates, drives, sustains, and destroys a man such as Hitler. That information is priceless.
    Censoring people because you don't like their behavior is not a mature, thoughtful action.
  • Options
    I think people are using preconceived opinions of Sean Penn to discredit him whenever they get a chance.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Absolutely! Love and knowledge are all that really matter in this life, the more, the better. If we had such information we would know so much more about what creates, drives, sustains, and destroys a man such as Hitler. That information is priceless.
    Censoring people because you don't like their behavior is not a mature, thoughtful action.
    That is fair, but journalists get murdered by this guy for telling the truth. I'm just not down with a celebrity furthering his name by being a propaganda mouthpiece for a scumbag.