Options

Making a Murderer (Crime-Docu similar to West Memphis Three case)

Comments

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    no one is lying the other is just following like a true dishonest bad smell
    im certain.....!!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    And something about the documantary
    For me is so clear that from the moment they didnt left not even a single suspition for the guy-s who might do.it..that tells me they have already someone in mind and either cant find evidence against him/them or they keep secret for a new trial and use them
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

I was convinced he is.innocent after saw the lady saying how she found the car and by the phonecall of the officer asking if the plate number was correct while is clear he was reading the plate like he had the car infront of him
    Those 2 was lying..

Yes. These items were troubling for sure.

So much stinkiness.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I think the 'easiest' reasonable doubt case would put the brother(s) on the crime. You can probably build a pretty plausible timeline surrounding them... at least just as plausible as the Steve Avery timeline
  • Options
    I'm not saying I think it was the brothers, but for the most part... they have been ignored. Even the film glossed over them at best as it shed light on the character of the family- it's like they lurked in the background almost avoiding the camera.

Were they ever at the trial in attendance from the camera's vantage?
  • Options

I was convinced he is.innocent after saw the lady saying how she found the car and by the phonecall of the officer asking if the plate number was correct while is clear he was reading the plate like he had the car infront of him
    Those 2 was lying..

Yes this was the biggest thing for me too. A cop calls in a plate, it ends up being her car and nothing is done! How does that get by?
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    I'm rewatching a l

I'm not saying I think it was the brothers, but for the most part... they have been ignored. Even the film glossed over them at best as it shed light on the character of the family- it's like they lurked in the background almost avoiding the camera.

Were they ever at the trial in attendance from the camera's vantage?

It was actually Earl that gave permission for the search party to search the junkyard on the day they found the vehicle. Steven was out when the Sheriff came by to see if they would give them permission.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    I'm rewatching the episode where they question Colburn about calling in the license plate

To me it seems that he was informed that there was a missing person and was most likely given her name, vehicle description and license plate #. He called into his office to have the plate # run to make sure it matched the information that he was given

I don't see foul play there

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

I'm rewatching the episode where they question Colburn about calling in the license plate

To me it seems that he was informed that there was a missing person and was most likely given her name, vehicle description and license plate #. He called into his office to have the plate # run to make sure it matched the information that he was given

Man..the guy is lying..its crystal..he even lied that he didnt tell the numbers but the girl.in police center told them to him.firat..and they replay the recording
    and he was clearly said the number like he read them.in front of him..as always cops do..stop or see a car call center say the numbers of plate and center gives them information
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Man..the guy is lying..its crystal..he even lied that he didnt tell the numbers but the girl.in police center told them to him.firat..and they replay the recording
    and he was clearly said the number like he read them.in front of him..as always cops do..stop or see a car call center say the numbers of plate and center gives them information
    Right....but it's also possible that he was given her information (name, make of car, license #) and then called in to verify the license # that he was given. That's why he said "99 Toyota?" when the operator confirmed the plate.

• Options

Right....but it's also possible that he was given her information (name, make of car, license #) and then called in to verify the license # that he was given. That's why he said "99 Toyota?" when the operator confirmed the plate.
    But why would the license plate matter? 99 Toyota RAV4 is the key piece here- that's what any cop would be looking for. The license plate is irrelevant until one comes across a RAV4. A cop comes across one... they'll run the plates.

That's the standard operating procedure. Why would a cop commit the plate number to memory? It sounds to me like he's confirming the plates that are in front of him and if I remember correctly, the cop looked sheepish when pressed on this detail.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Nop..his convarsation wasnt logic in a way "twll me the info or ill tell u to confirm me what we looking for..and the recording with his face at court ot was clear he didnt want this to be heard they way he did the call and was uncofortable and try to play it cool and he knew his explanation was not food enough
  • Options
    edited January 2016

But why would the license plate matter? 99 Toyota RAV4 is the key piece here- that's what any cop would be looking for. The license plate is irrelevant until one comes across a RAV4. A cop comes across one... they'll run the plates.

That's the standard operating procedure. Why would a cop commit the plate number to memory? It sounds to me like he's confirming the plates that are in front of him and if I remember correctly, the cop looked sheepish when pressed on this detail.
    I guess to confirm the vehicle. If he sees a RAV4 on the highway or in a ditch it is a way to identify it to Halbach.

The director clearly wanted us to believe something was fishy there but I would guess we didn't get all of the video related to that.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

• Options
    https://www.yahoo.com/katiecouric/former-steven-avery-case-juror-on-making-a-154605397.html

A juror in the Steven Avery murder case joined Yahoo News and Finance Anchor Bianna Golodryga on “Yahoo News Live” to discuss his doubts in the 2007 conviction of Avery for the murder of 25-year-old Teresa Halbach. The case is at the center of the new Netflix documentary series “Making a Murderer,” which has led to thousands of people signing online petitions asking for the exoneration of Avery and his nephew, also convicted of murdering Halbach.

The juror, Richard Mahler, who was released on the first day of deliberations for personal reasons, told Golodryga: “According to the evidence that I reviewed in the court room the six weeks I was there, it didn’t all add up.”

Mahler said he could understand why another juror is afraid for his safety. Mahler said he feared for his life during the trial and still does now. He told Golodryga that he has been “getting a lot of threats on social media.”

Mahler cited a number of pieces of evidence that led him to believe that Avery was innocent. First, there was the vial of Avery’s blood that was tampered with. “I don’t think that a normal person could walk into that clerk of courts office and mess with that vial,” he said. “It had to be someone who had access to that room.” Then there was the key from Halbach’s car that was found in Avery’s home. “The key didn’t have Teresa’s DNA on it,” Mahler said. “It didn’t make sense to me either.” Finally, he noted, “there was no blood in Steven’s trailer or near the garage or DNA of Teresa’s anywhere to be found.”

Mahler said that when he asked a member of the jury after the trial why they convicted Avery, the juror told him: “Think of all the things he did when he was younger.”

He told Golodryga that he took that comment to mean that Avery’s conviction was based on all of the things he had done when he was younger and not on the evidence in the trial.

In the initial moments in the jury room following the trial, Mahler described a paper ballot vote taken of the jury. “The vote came out seven not guilty, three guilty and two undecided.”

Mahler further described a number of incidents that he found disturbing in the initial hours of deliberation. “I walked into the jury room for the first four hours of deliberation and one of the gentlemen had his arms crossed, and he said to me, ‘He’s guilty as hell.’ And I thought to myself, ‘How can this be? What is wrong with this guy? He’s not even willing to look at the evidence.’”

Mahler also described what happened during the first lunch break of deliberations. He told a fellow juror, “‘Man, I just can’t handle this.’ And he said, ‘Then why don’t you leave?’” Mahler said, “I don’t know if he thought because I was a threat to the guilty verdict or not, but I took that pretty hard too.”

He later got a phone call that his stepdaughter had been in an accident. It was a combination of the family emergency and the comments at lunch and in the jury room that led him to, as he described, “an emotional breakdown.” He told Golodryga, “That’s why I left the jury.”

Mahler said he knew nothing about Avery going into the trial, but he “has learned that a lot of people on the jury had been out to the junkyard or knew Steven in some way.” In other words, he said, he doesn’t believe the jury was impartial.

On the subject of the taped confession of Avery’s nephew, Brendan Dassey, which was excluded from Avery’s trial, he said he later found out that one of the jurors got wind of the Dassey confession during the trial anyway.

Mahler dismissed criticism from the prosecutor in the case, Ken Kratz, that key evidence was left out of the documentary series. He told Golodryga, “It features 98 percent that I saw in court and had questions about.”

Finally, Mahler said, “I feel really sorry for the family. … They lost a beautiful daughter. I feel bad because Steven’s family went through this and a lot of people were hurt in the whole process.”
  • Options
    Come on..some things are so easy to understand
    U grab someone..to rape..hit,stabb,shoot,tske her car,hide it
    And...no dna of the victim anywhere..no blood...anywhere....at house??at garage?
    No dna at the keys..of the suspect?
    No dna of the killer in the car??he would be touching all,he would be sweating like a pig
    And the keys was found after 6-7 times they alrady search it??
    And from the people was makimg mistakes in the first case they put avery in?
    And they found the bullet after months they return to garage??after they sesrch it so many times??
    And at the car was blond??..the only thing can be tsken from the broke evidance box??
    And who the fuck will murder someone "clean dna and blood so perfect and would fuckin hide the car like that?????in his property????
    Come on..
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i'm on episode 8 now ... i think the biggest thing about this documentary is how much stuff that is presented is stuff that many people figured would never reach the public ... everything points to a frame job because it's done by morons ... like really, broken seal on the vial, none of her dna on the key, his blood in her car? ... like c'mon man - it's amateur hour ...

really ... who's people's vote for biggest douche? ... that michael o'kelly guy is my current front runner ...
  • Options
    Things are simple..
    Someone kill that woman...they had 3-4 days to burn the body ,bury it etc..thats why bones found to other area except averys place
    Went missing st 31 oct..reported missing after 4 days
    And the killer somehow said it ,admit it to some police..probably to the specific officers..
    So they had time to put the car there...that was the main thing..to put car there..snd all sesrch focus to avery right away and noone else..
    Then to plan the key and bullet was the easy part..they had plenty of time for all the rest
    Same time avery is impossible to clean his dna from the car and not hiw blood!!!
    No need to mention the woman blood with hair...means she was transfer there after she got raped-and killed...cos avery suppose to do all there at his garages,,no needed to drive her in her car somewhere else
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383

Come on..some things are so easy to understand
    U grab someone..to rape..hit,stabb,shoot,tske her car,hide it
    And...no dna of the victim anywhere..no blood...anywhere....at house??at garage?
    No dna at the keys..of the suspect?
    No dna of the killer in the car??he would be touching all,he would be sweating like a pig
    And the keys was found after 6-7 times they alrady search it??
    And from the people was makimg mistakes in the first case they put avery in?
    And they found the bullet after months they return to garage??after they sesrch it so many times??
    And at the car was blond??..the only thing can be tsken from the broke evidance box??
    And who the fuck will murder someone "clean dna and blood so perfect and would fuckin hide the car like that?????in his property????
    Come on..

I agree!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options

Right but again they had a few days to clean up and the police force wasn't necessarily expert on these type of situations either.

I rewatched a few episodes last night. I will say that after seeing the whole documentary and following up on other articles it does still shock me that Avery might be guilty. His demeanor just doesn't match a killer. The news reporters were interviewing him right out in front of his house and asking about what the police were asking, etc. His responses immediately seemed to jump to the police trying to frame him so you could argue that he was going to use that as a defense from the beginning but it still seems like his demeanor would be shaky.

If he would have refused to talk to the news I would feel stronger that he was the murderer.

Plus...as Strang pointed out yesterday, Halbach knew she was going to the Avery property. If she really had strong fears about Steven she most likely would have said something.

in order to believe he is guilty ... you need to believe that:

* steven avery was able to remove all of halbach's dna/blood from his property
    * that the key (whether spare or not) naturally does NOT have any of halbach's dna on it
    * that he is clever enough to leave no physical evidence of her murder but dumb enough to park the car in his yard and let everyone in town know she was coming to photograph the van
    * that the cops that railroaded avery in his rape trial and were facing a $36 million law suit did not act nefariously

you have to remember that the chief of police and attorney initially went to the media with all kinds of details that simply are manufactured ... they plastered it all over the news making it near impossible for the presumption of innocence ... if you read the opinions of many locals prior to the documentary - they ALL thought he was guilty because of media reporting and the BS the cops pulled ... so, it must take a mountain of evidence to convince those people otherwise ...
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    polaris_x said:

Right but again they had a few days to clean up and the police force wasn't necessarily expert on these type of situations either.

I rewatched a few episodes last night. I will say that after seeing the whole documentary and following up on other articles it does still shock me that Avery might be guilty. His demeanor just doesn't match a killer. The news reporters were interviewing him right out in front of his house and asking about what the police were asking, etc. His responses immediately seemed to jump to the police trying to frame him so you could argue that he was going to use that as a defense from the beginning but it still seems like his demeanor would be shaky.

If he would have refused to talk to the news I would feel stronger that he was the murderer.

Plus...as Strang pointed out yesterday, Halbach knew she was going to the Avery property. If she really had strong fears about Steven she most likely would have said something.

* that the key (whether spare or not) naturally does NOT have any of halbach's dna on it
    * that he is clever enough to leave no physical evidence of her murder but dumb enough to park the car in his yard and let everyone in town know she was coming to photograph the van
    * that the cops that railroaded avery in his rape trial and were facing a $36 million law suit did not act nefariously

you have to remember that the chief of police and attorney initially went to the media with all kinds of details that simply are manufactured ... they plastered it all over the news making it near impossible for the presumption of innocence ... if you read the opinions of many locals prior to the documentary - they ALL thought he was guilty because of media reporting and the BS the cops pulled ... so, it must take a mountain of evidence to convince those people otherwise ...

That's pretty much SOP..I'm telling you guys, this happens way more often than you think.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

http://onmilwaukee.com/movies/articles/evidenceagainstavery.html

From the article:

13. Avery's blood was found in six places in the Halbach vehicle, and DNA from his sweat was found on a hood latch

I found this in Kratz' opening statement in the Dassey trial transcript. He told the jury that the Avery blood was found on the ignition of the vehicle, on a CD case and on seats. He also said that Avery had a cut on his finger. And he stated that the state crime lab analyst had found DNA from Avery's sweat on the hood latch of the Halbach vehicle. He also stated that Dassey had said in his confession that Avery opened the car's hood.

avery's lawyer pretty much refutes all this stuff ... the rav 4 is in police custody for over a month before they swab the hood latch ...
  • Options
    One -two simple queations is the whole case
    Who the fuck kills someone and clean perfect dna and blood of someone who cut throat and shoot in the head and cut in pieces and same time hide the victims car especially like that in his yard??
    And how is possible the two evidence the key and the bullet was notnthere after all those searches from so many offixers and finally was just sirting on the floor and the guys found them.was the ones avery suit for million of dollars!!
  • Options
    rgambs said:

polaris_x said:

That's pretty much SOP..I'm telling you guys, this happens way more often than you think.
    i don't doubt that at all ... but all it takes is a "these guys go out there every day and put their lives on the line for our safety" and we are never to criticize police ... or be branded an ingrate ...
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited January 2016
    I think we can all agree that the confession that Brandon gave was complete cohersed bullshit. So lets throw the whole rape, stabbing and throat slit scenario right out the window.

So if that didn't happen, there would probably be no blood in Avery's home.

I'm going to play devils advocate here and say Avery is guilty. Maybe another scenario is possible, maybe he followed her out of his property and murdered her elsewhere......you know, in broad daylight. After killing her somewhere else, he brought her body back to the salvage yard in her RAV 4. Explaining her blood being in the back of the vehicle. Somewhere other than the garage and his trailer, he cut her body apart.....and burned her in the bonfire.

I know that whole scenario is a stretch...but it is still more plausible than the official story.
    Post edited by dignin on
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I do wonder why anyone (other than Steven Avery) would have put branches, etc. on the vehicle.

If the vehicle was planted there by someone else to implicate Steven they would have just left it there.

• Options

I do wonder why anyone (other than Steven Avery) would have put branches, etc. on the vehicle.

If the vehicle was planted there by someone else to implicate Steven they would have just left it there.

Really? If I were planting a vehicle I wanted to be found, I would make it look suspicious. Putting that shit around the car did that.
  • Options
    dignin said:

I think we can all agree that the confession that Brandon gave was complete cohersed bullshit. So lets throw the hole rape, stabbing and throat slit scenario right out the window.

I'm going to play devils advocate here and say Avery is guilty. Maybe another scenario is possible, maybe he followed her out of his property and murdered her elsewhere......you know, in broad daylight. After killing her somewhere else, he brought her body back to the salvage yard in her RAV 4. Explaining her blood being in the back of the vehicle. Somewhere other than the garage and his trailer, he cut her body apart.....and burned her in the bonfire.

I know that whole scenario is a stretch...but it is still more plausible than the official story.

is this your devils advocate position or personal opinion?

your scenario is not plausible because:
    * he would have had to track her down without the means of a vehicle because he would of had to go retrieve the vehicle from where he tracked her down ... wouldn't fit the timeline ...
    * plus if he really was in the Rav 4 - he would have left hair fibres and way more dna ... the fact they scrub the car and find his trace in a few specific spots is beyond suspect ...
    * the burning in the bonfire i think has also been refuted as not being possible to reduce the bone to that state ...
  • Options

It looked it was hidden by someone who wanted to cartoonishly make it look like someone was hiding it.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    If you think this case was fucked up check out the case of Cameron Willingham. At least Avery wasn't executed.

http://www.innocenceproject.org/news-events-exonerations/cameron-todd-willingham-wrongfully-convicted-and-executed-in-texas
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

dignin said:

I think we can all agree that the confession that Brandon gave was complete cohersed bullshit. So lets throw the hole rape, stabbing and throat slit scenario right out the window.

is this your devils advocate position or personal opinion?

your scenario is not plausible because:
    * he would have had to track her down without the means of a vehicle because he would of had to go retrieve the vehicle from where he tracked her down ... wouldn't fit the timeline ...
    * plus if he really was in the Rav 4 - he would have left hair fibres and way more dna ... the fact they scrub the car and find his trace in a few specific spots is beyond suspect ...
    * the burning in the bonfire i think has also been refuted as not being possible to reduce the bone to that state ...
    I thought I made it very clear I was playing devils advocate by saying it.

*There is no real timeline here. The prosecutions timeline was out of whack to begin with. The bus drivers testimony proved that. So we can throw the timeline out, we have no idea what the timeline could be. He could have killed her somewhere and retrieved here body the next day for all we know. There was a lot of time that passed from when she went missing and when her vehicle was found.

*I agree it would be hard not to leave any of his DNA in the vehicle if he got in and was driving it.

*I haven't heard anything about it not being possible for a bonfire to burn her body down to the condition in which it was found. Do you have a link to any of these sources? And did the defense try and make that point in the trial?