Anyone want to shape up in 2018? A continuing journey.......

Comments

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Down 60 lbs since May. I don't think I've posted here much, but losing 60 by the end of 2017 was my goal when I started and I feel like I need to tell anybody who will listen. Even if I took 2 extra days to get there :lol:

Keep at it everyone.
    :whistle: do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight :whistle:

:clap::clap::clap:

Goals!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    edited January 2018
    I've switched over to a full body routine for my weight training. Down 60 lbs since Jan 2017, just trying to change things up a bit.
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,099
    bflynn1 said:
    I've switched over to a full body routine for my weight training. Down 60 lbs since Jan 2017, just trying to change things up a bit.
    Great job!
    Definitely resolution week at the gym :lol: A lot of new people doing things they have absolutely no clue about. If I had my phone with me, there could have been some new YouTube gym fail videos :lol: You can tell which ones will quit after 2 weeks and which ones will stick around.
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,212
    I'm pretty psyched that the gym I go to doesn't get the whole New Year's resolution crowd. The people who go there seem to just always be there -- all day, every day. =)  I remember when we belonged to a Lifetime Fitness, years ago; there, New Year's crowds were so heavy that they had to bring in valet service for the first six weeks of the year, because the (very large!) parking lot always was filled to capacity -- but just for the first six weeks, LOL.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    There's a few fresh bodies in the gym here, but most of the obese and idiotic people I see are when I come back in the afternoon.  Unfortunately, the morning crew is skewing more and more toward ugly dudes like me.  Alas.

To all the idiots and obese I say, good luck and keep at it!  We've all been idiots before and most of us have been at least near to obese...good luck and work hard!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    I'm not going to say they're idiots. They just haven't been taught proper form and how to train. I just hope they don't injure themselves and aren't too proud to ask/receive advice. It's a fine line with offering unsolicited advice though, so I usually just let them be.

And it's not so bad having new people around. 90% will be gone by February. The 10% that stick around won't cause problems...unless they hog the squat rack :lol:
    I'm not going to say they're idiots. They just haven't been taught proper form and how to train. I just hope they don't injure themselves and aren't too proud to ask/receive advice. It's a fine line with offering unsolicited advice though, so I usually just let them be.

And it's not so bad having new people around. 90% will be gone by February. The 10% that stick around won't cause problems...unless they hog the squat rack :lol:
    Yeah, plus I see a ton of muscle dudes who use terrible form because they can move more weight, so more power to them I guess.
    Ok so watching pinkpop 92 while on the elliptical = look the fuck out! :rock_on: and it's not easy to find a groove :lol: I was all over the place!  damn these guys are in shape! How the hell do they do it? I have nothing else to say except I burned more calories than normal and my lungs are getting stronger. 

Curm - am I supposed to breathe thru my nose and out my mouth when running? Is that true? I'm a total mouth breather but feel I have more control over my breathing. I'm not really running but I feel like I'm cruising along. 
    :rock_on: everyone!
    Killing it so far this year, hope y'all are too!

I've come a long way and I've got even further to go, just gotta keep at it!
    Hey good lookin :wink: lookin good!
    Ha!  Now let's not be exaggerating!  lol
    It's funny, that's my first ever gym selfie, and it makes me think of all the Instagram models that have explained that their pictures don't represent real life. 
    You pick clothes that flatter your good features and hide your bad ones, you suck your gut in and take the perfect pose and presto, your beer gut disappears and your muscles look bigger.

Now it's later in the day, pump is gone, belly full of lunch, pop my shirt off and look in the mirror and...run away!!!  Tubby Sasquatch is in the house! lol

Lol. All my gym selfies represent real life. Well, I take that back because I don't take gym selfies. One of my gym bros does though and his last vid caught me beer belly out doing seated chest press looking like I'm trying to pinch off a deuce :lol: I joked with him later apologizing for that Instagram post being his least liked post.
    I am rekt right now though. Need new shoes terribly. Shin splints galore.

One rep max testing is just around the corner. I will be interested to see what progress I've made using the percentage load/deload program I've been using. The claim was 15-20% increase. I think deadlift will above that range, squat and overhead press at lower end, and bench at maybe 7-10%.
    Lol. All my gym selfies represent real life. Well, I take that back because I don't take gym selfies. One of my gym bros does though and his last vid caught me beer belly out doing seated chest press looking like I'm trying to pinch off a deuce :lol: I joked with him later apologizing for that Instagram post being his least liked post.
    Hahaha that's funny.  There's some selfie takers at my gym, I'd be too embarrassed to take it out in the open and then post it on FB or Instagram.
    I'd feel too douchey and I'd be worried that people would think I'm impressed with myself.
    Yeah, I could do without the ones always posing and flexing. I don't mind actually watching a video of someone doing a good lift. And, yeah, I've posted a couple of vids of me lifting, but nothing in a long time. I just don't care enough to bother someone to record the lift.
    I flex up at home when my wife isn't around and I pop bicep up as I walk out of the locker room every time, but I'd feel like a super douche to do so out on the gym floor.
    Haha I even avoid watching myself lift in the mirrors too much because some guys are eye fucking themselves so badly I'm afraid to be associated with them.
    They're just watching their form gambs........

Had to share these :rofl:

I could (and have) watch gym fails practically all day.
    Great workouts this week!  Hope y'all are feeling good too.
    I had to miss Wednesday because of a work thing and I'm going to have to miss tomorrow because of the snow storm, but maybe I can sneak a run in down at the lake, it's only 2 miles away, but it's on back roads so I don't know.
    I haven't taken 2 days off in a week since Christmas, and it only happens once a month or so, probably should be taking more off days.
  • I am 11 days in on my diet.

No alcohol, no bread, no pasta so no carbs in general...

No fast food, no deep fried food...

This weekend I start a light workout to compliment my dieting to speed up the weight loss.

Goal is 190 living weight!
    I am 11 days in on my diet.

This weekend I start a light workout to compliment my dieting to speed up the weight loss.

Good luck!  Once you drop that initial portion and go back on carbs life will seem so much more full and enjoyable lol
    Good luck tempo_n_groove!

What do you mean by light workout?
  • Good luck tempo_n_groove!

Pushups, dips, jogging.  Just to build up more tone and help burn more calories.
  • rgambs said:
    I am 11 days in on my diet.

Good luck!  Once you drop that initial portion and go back on carbs life will seem so much more full and enjoyable lol
    I did this last year and dropped 25lbs in two weeks.  It literally fell right off.  It took me a whole year of slacking off to gain it back, lol.
    Now to just keep it off...
    Good luck tempo_n_groove!

Pushups, dips, jogging.  Just to build up more tone and help burn more calories.
    Gotcha. Wasn't sure if you meant weight training or more aerobic type stuff. Anyways, hope you do well with it. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    HIt my goal this week of lifting, cardio and abs. Now I have to start eating better!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    I ate a half a pan of brownies last night, so I'm going to try to work hard and eat little today.

"Something inspirational"-
    Me