Anyone want to shape up in 2017? A continuing journey from last year.......

1434445464749»

Comments

• curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness San DiegoPosts: 2,004
    rgambs said:
    I'm back on my diet and I'm friggin hungry.

I can't diet. Once I decide I am "on a diet," all I can think about is food. That never ends well for me. Good luck!
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness San DiegoPosts: 2,004
    So, I was kind of surprised to learn that I am at 14% body fat; that's pretty low for a woman, especially for someone my age. I thought I was at about 17%. I am enjoying a peanut butter cup guilt-free right now, as a result. ;-)
    A few thoughts about this:
    1) I have to stop moping around the house and/or gym, moaning about how fat I am. I need to develop a more positive self-image. That's actually a big reason why I did the dunk test.
    2) I look very different than I did when I was really sick and lost a lot of weight/ most of my body fat. Lean body mass makes a difference!
    3) I work hard at this. I spend eighteen hours a week working out, and that's not including stretching, recovery, yoga, etc. Those magazine headlines that tell you you can look like a bikini model in just ten minutes a day are lying to you (unless you already look like a bikini model).
    3a) The changes were gradual! I've lost about ten pounds (more than that in fat), but it took me over two years to do so.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BCPosts: 6,182
    So, I was kind of surprised to learn that I am at 14% body fat; that's pretty low for a woman, especially for someone my age. I thought I was at about 17%. I am enjoying a peanut butter cup guilt-free right now, as a result. ;-)
    1) I have to stop moping around the house and/or gym, moaning about how fat I am. I need to develop a more positive self-image. That's actually a big reason why I did the dunk test.
    2) I look very different than I did when I was really sick and lost a lot of weight/ most of my body fat. Lean body mass makes a difference!
    3) I work hard at this. I spend eighteen hours a week working out, and that's not including stretching, recovery, yoga, etc. Those magazine headlines that tell you you can look like a bikini model in just ten minutes a day are lying to you (unless you already look like a bikini model).
    3a) The changes were gradual! I've lost about ten pounds (more than that in fat), but it took me over two years to do so.

14% isn't just "low for a woman", it's at the low end for a female athlete. I hope you can be kind to yourself and realize that you are by no means "fat".  
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 9,248
    Well, the first few days back on the diet were rough, I was used to bingeing and felt hungry all the time.
    I've adjusted to it somewhat and I'm not as hungry, or at least I'm coping better.
    My Monday morning weigh in was 187.7 and Friday afternoon weigh out just now was 181.1, so 6.6 lbs in 5 days is excellent! 
    Tonight I have a Halloween party with many dips and chips and beers, so we will see how things play out over the weekend lol
    If my Monday morning weigh in is 185 or less I will be very happy with that.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MIPosts: 4,394
    :whistle: jealousy :whistle:

5+ lbs a week. Nice! I'm struggling to get my 1lb a week each week!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    FoxyRedLa said:
    :whistle: jealousy :whistle:

5+ lbs a week. Nice! I'm struggling to get my 1lb a week each week!
    Most of it is just water and colon weight, I didn't lose 5 lbs of fat, that's for sure.

When I have my cheat meals I will bounce back up a few pounds and then nudge my way back down a little further each week.
    Long term, I usually lose 1.5 to 2 per week.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MIPosts: 4,394
    Gotcha gambs. Makes sense.

I did get my 2 workouts in this week. Met my goal. Going to attempt to sneak something in tonight. I do have to make up a few items for a family thing tomorrow. I will try to work quickly!

Starting to cool off in Michigan. I've already had turkey chili twice haha. Yum.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    Yum, haven't done chili in a long time, will soon thank you very much.
    The 1st week is in the books.  185.1 down from 187.7 so a 2 and a half pound weight loss for the week.  I'm very happy with that.
    Week 2 begins now and I'm not hungry so I've already got a jump on week 1.

Switched my lifting split to a push/pull scheme, so I started with a pull day today.  Lats, traps, and biceps for an HR and a half, then 2.5 miles on the treadmill.
    Tomorrow I'll hit pecs, delts, and triceps and another, hopefully longer run.
    Wednesday I'll do legs and a run, Thursday I will probably take off and clean the kitchen during my workout time so I can lay up the last of the garden during the day.
    Friday will be for the guns, bis and tris until I can't move 'em.
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,323

That's great commitment! Keep up the hard work.

So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!