Anyone want to shape up in 2018? A continuing journey.......

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,818
    FoxyRedLa said:

Great job sprunk and rk!

My all time favorite veggie is cauliflower! If you haven't used it to substitute potato give it a try!

Just boil the cauliflower - drain. You can eat plain or add a little fat free or reduced sour cream.

Yum!

Actually, the best way to have it is to boil the cauliflower, drain the water, throw away the cauliflower and then make potatoes.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    :lol: - normally I would add a little sour cream and cheese lol but now I'll cut that out.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    yes i would like to be in shape and stay healthy like either join a gym or buy a treadmill and a bench like press but i think a gym is easier as i dont think i have room for those things
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    Cauliflower is huge! I'll roast it, which I love and I'll use it instead of rice. just shred it with a grater and cook in a frying pan with ghee and some olive oil. I'm going to cook the lime chicken tmr. Making my grocery list and will shop in the morning.

Also looking for a good morning smoothie I can whip up before heading out the door. A green one probably with kale and avocado. Something that will keep me full till lunch! Breakfast is my downfall!!!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Protein and fiber are good ways to keep you full. I try for at least 20g of protein in a smoothie/shake. Also, you want 'slow carbs' like steel cut oats for the fiber part-rolled or instant oats are not slow carbs. The white refined flours are what make you fat, unless you're going to go running or something right after eating.

Overnight steel cut oats are my favorite:

Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a pot. Add 1 cup steel cut oats. Boil for 2 minutes, turn off heat, cover and in the morning it's ready to be reheated. Soft and chewy. You can store the rest in the fridge for later.

OR

6 oz of yogurt-greek is best
    add 1/4 cup steel cut oats
    Stir.
    Add in anything else you like, honey, fruit, vanilla, a little bit of milk so it's not as thick...I like hemp hearts and chia seeds for the extra protein and omega-3s.
    Let it sit overnight in the fridge
    Done.

I actually bought those canning jelly jars so I could make several jars of yogurt to grab and go. I found that the oats stay pretty tough if you leave it overnight, but 24+ hours is best.

You can try without yogurt, and use a 1 cup milk to 1/4 cup oats ratio, though milk doesn't have as much protein.

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    I just did some research on what Costco has for protein powders. I'll be grabbing one of those bad boys tomorrow, along with plenty of veggies. Coconut water is on sale too. Debating on grabbing one of their cases of premade shakes (on sale also) just to have for when I draw a blank on what to eat. Not the ideal food but it will be there for a crutch for when I'm running late or just too tired to cook or even take out the blender
    Thanks RK!
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,683
    Sprunkn7 said:

Cauliflower is huge! I'll roast it, which I love and I'll use it instead of rice. just shred it with a grater and cook in a frying pan with ghee and some olive oil. I'm going to cook the lime chicken tmr. Making my grocery list and will shop in the morning.

Also looking for a good morning smoothie I can whip up before heading out the door. A green one probably with kale and avocado. Something that will keep me full till lunch! Breakfast is my downfall!!!!

Keep it up! Good to hear that someone was interested in the lime chicken recipe. Let me know how it works out for you. Hope you like it.

French fries are the devil!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    yeah....ill start on monday...lol
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    edited January 2016

It's Monday!
    hahaha...as always we're here for you Dimi...but I know you're making fun :-)

:rofl:
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

Sprunkn7 said:

Keep it up! Good to hear that someone was interested in the lime chicken recipe. Let me know how it works out for you. Hope you like it.

anything fried is the devil
    fries with fried eggs and feta cheece and bread....for lunch.

and since i said i start diet on monday...

coke zero for the diet bitches!!!!

hhahahah..epic!!

“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,818

hhahahah..epic!!

Throw away the coke and that looks great.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,702
    I got in the best shape of my life this past year. In September I got lazy and now have lost a lot of my gains from last year. Time to pick it back up again!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095

I got in the best shape of my life this past year. In September I got lazy and now have lost a lot of my gains from last year. Time to pick it back up again!

gainzzzz

I may or may not follow along and attempt to do some sort of physical exercise...
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079

hhahahah..epic!!

Dude, my Type I Diabetes hurts when I see photos like this.
    www.cluthelee.com
    Dimi what the hell is that dish called and where the hell can I order it? ?!!!???

I'll start dieting on Monday.....
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    throw out all the junk food in your house
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,244

Eat the devil! Yay!

There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    I was going to start working out today, but I've been fighting a stomach bug since Saturday since I chose to eat a veggie sandwich that apparently does not like me.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

I was going to start working out today, but I've been fighting a stomach bug since Saturday since I chose to eat a veggie sandwich that apparently does not like me.

Oh no..RK feel better :-(

I had a good day. Smoothie this am, kale and broccoli salad with nuts and currants (from Trader Joes) with some rosemary ham. Tonight I have a crock pot of delish beef and veggies that will be ready when I get home. Had an apple for a snack, unsweetened Iced T (my abso fav ) and loaded up on water. By tomorrow or Wed. I'll be peeing like every hour.

I also just ordered a planner / organizer from Amazon. Bummin it started in Nov but if I like it I'll know to order it by October this year. It has goal setting stuff in it so maybe I can motivate that way also.

No gym today since I ran around at work like a mad woman and hit my 10,000 steps by 2 pm. I feel good tho, no 3pm slump :bee:

RKCNDY said:

Sounds like a great start to losing weight!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    JWPearl said:

Sprunkn7 said:

anything fried is the devil
    In this event, I think I love the devil. I mean fried food is delish. I love it.
    good is not monday..so i can start diet next monday..
    pizza today!!
    FoxyRedLa said:

Dimi what the hell is that dish called and where the hell can I order it? ?!!!???

lol..i cooked it

FoxyRedLa said:

lol..i cooked it
    It looked good but if I'm ever going to drink a soda? A real coke over lots of ice!

Making things as easy as possible. Eggs with veggies and a little cheese for bf, leftover lunch from yesterday, dinner I'm having some soup. It's freakin cold today!!!

RKCNDY said:

Sounds like a great start to losing weight!
    I've lost 3 pounds since Saturday!

...and I still can't keep food down. Awesome!

:neutral:

- Christopher McCandless
    How does that line go...??...one more stomach flu away from reaching my goal weight :lol:
    im on fire wih this new diet..
    called the diet of the duck
    i eat all except duck!!!