Coffee is sweet, what do you think?

Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
edited December 2015 in All Encompassing Trip
I've started to drink black coffee. A couple years ago it seemed too flowery, but I'm starting to taste it as more sweet. Usually I have lattes or mochas. The sweet black coffee is a nice taste trend. I tried three types of Ceremony Coffee and I'm looking forward to tasting more 3rd wave roasters coffee. How do you like your coffee?
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    i like my coffee white with two
    but if i have a black coffee
    which i dont mind is usually
    when i have a head ache
    but it has to be good coffee
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Ahh, if this stuff only tasted as good as it smells.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Semi-strong coffee, touch of sugar and a splash of creamer or milk. I have just one small cup a day.

Used to love it with Grand Marnier but that's not an everyday morning thing for me, dammit.
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    French roast, light and sweet (just like me :smiley: ).
    ELITIST FUK
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    You know what's a good substitute for sweetener and cream?...egg nog. Tried it out a month ago and it's really mind blowing.

I usually just use creamer now. Used to put sugar substitute until I became anti Monsanto/GMO.
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

You know what's a good substitute for sweetener and cream?...egg nog. Tried it out a month ago and it's really mind blowing.

I usually just use creamer now. Used to put sugar substitute until I became anti Monsanto/GMO.

Ha! I was doing this yesterday with the southern comfort brand eggnog. I take mine sweet so I added a little bit of sugar.

I usually go for full fat milk and 2 sugars for a small.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Dopio espressos here
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I love a nice café latte.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    some coffee is sweet and some is bitter
    i think it depends where its from..
  • as a kona snob black is the only option i would consider
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    I used to use cream and sugar and then decades ago a friend challenged me to drink black French roast for one week and she told me I would never go back to cream and sugar. She was right!

Now the problem is finding good fair trade organic coffee. I like Peet's a lot and I believe they are fair trade but then the Peet's/Benckiser/D-Con controversy came up so not sure if that's the best choice or where to go now.

http://www.kcet.org/news/redefine/revisit/wildlife/one-of-the-most-insidious.html
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,341
    I like my coffee black, with a dark, nutty, almost oaky and earthy flavour. I have yet to find any American coffee that I like, and am happy that my family keeps sending me the good stuff from Germany.
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    brianlux said:

I used to use cream and sugar and then decades ago a friend challenged me to drink black French roast for one week and she told me I would never go back to cream and sugar. She was right!

Now the problem is finding good fair trade organic coffee. I like Peet's a lot and I believe they are fair trade but then the Peet's/Benckiser/D-Con controversy came up so not sure if that's the best choice or where to go now.

http://www.kcet.org/news/redefine/revisit/wildlife/one-of-the-most-insidious.html

Turns out my coffee (Bustelo) isn't fair trade. I'm still going to buy and drink it. I frequently get whole beans from random shops (usually as a gift) so it's difficult to know anyway. Meh.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I like good coffee black. If it's horrible coffee, then that's when I use cream and sugar.

I also like to put a tablespoon of coconut oil in my coffee.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

I like good coffee black. If it's horrible coffee, then that's when I use cream and sugar.

I also like to put a tablespoon of coconut oil in my coffee.

lovely..i would like the sounds of that.. i must try it.. thanx you nice..
    Just.. occasionally i like to put kahluah how ever you spell that
  • Just a little cream. My girlfriend puts too much sugar in hers and its disgusting. Undrinkable.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

i love turkish coffee
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    JWPearl said:

i love turkish coffee

My sister used to make Turkish coffee. She learned this process when she lived in Greece. The way she made it was to put a fair amount of fine ground dark roast in a little copper cezve or ibrik with sugar and water, bring it to a foaming boil, take it off the heat until the bubble subside, and repeat the process two more times. I could never make it the as good- her's always make me feel like I was going to have visions. Must ask her do make some next time I see her!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    If only this coffee were as sweet as you sir
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    water
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    I tried aeropress yesterday for the first time. Smoothest cup of coffee. I strongly recommend it, and splurge on beans from your local coffee shop.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    A tea girl here.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • ^^^
    Thanks for letting us know that you are a not a coffee drinker on this coffee thread.

^^^
    Thanks for letting us know that you are a not a coffee drinker on this coffee thread.

Thanks for chiming in - not late, though! Not too kind either.

The hell is with you lately?
  • I like coffee with one cream.

I like coffee with one cream.

Figured you as a two cream person. Huh.

No sugar tonight in my coffee :whistle:
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2016
    ^^^
    It is hard to find a great tasting black coffee.
    One cream works.

edit - I should stipulate I disagree that "The best part of waking up is folgers in your cup"
    A generation has been fooled into thinking that it is good coffee to serve.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
    im a tea drinker too :tongue:
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    deadendp said:

A tea girl here.

Coffee at day, tea at night. Green FTW.