Options

RNDM Ghost Riding Tour 2016

Comments

• Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768

The first one was offered in translucent orange; makes sense, all their records should be!

That's the "Acts" that I have.My "Ghost Riding"might as well be too.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382

I'm still holding out on listening to the album online. Want the vinyl to be the first listen.

Same here.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    Month has past since it's original release date. Hope all is well on the vinyl pressing of Ghost Riding.
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    Yes, It's been very quiet over at dine-alone records.......
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

It's probably due to Record Store Day stuff getting the priority for April 16th release. Everything else gets the bump this time of year because of that....
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    VeddermbVeddermb Posts: 381
    edited April 2016
    demetrios said:

Month has past since it's original release date. Hope all is well on the vinyl pressing of Ghost Riding.

Emailed Dine Alone for an update and they just sent a reply few minutes ago:

Currently the RNDM album on vinyl remains delayed, new test pressings have been issued recently.
    The colour of the vinyl has also changed from green and orange to just orange.

This is the most up-to-date information I have been given at this time.

So there you go...hopefully soon???
  • Options
    Veddermb said:

demetrios said:

Emailed Dine Alone for an update and they just sent a reply few minutes ago:

Currently the RNDM album on vinyl remains delayed, new test pressings have been issued recently.

This is the most up-to-date information I have been given at this time.

So there you go...hopefully soon???
    Sounds like another month or two.

Would be pretty freaking sweet if they randomly inserted those test pressing in a few orders, because of the delay & all. J/k.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Test pressings? Is it that hard to manufacture a record. It's not Bezos trying to launch and then land a rocket! This is ancient technology people! Press the fucking thing already!
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,831
    "I want my two dollars"... Yo Jeff, can I get my dam vinyl.
  • Options
    DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
    BS44325 said:

Test pressings? Is it that hard to manufacture a record. It's not Bezos trying to launch and then land a rocket! This is ancient technology people! Press the fucking thing already!

I feel your pain but vinyl resurgence has orders backed up tenfold because of more and more bands using the analog format.

we should've had Ghost Riding by now. real shitty to inform customers the week of release "oh sorry vinyl preorders...we don't know when.."
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Good to hear no one else has gotten this thing yet- I was going to email dine alone but looks like someone already did!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    And no download code after all this time?

Someone hooked me up, but still the gesture would have made this OK

Love the album and glad I saw them in NYC
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,060
    I still haven't even heard the damn album yet. Kinda frustrating we didn't get a download since the vinyl delay is so long.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Still waiting for this as well as my pretty hate re-press from last year.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

receiving vinyl on street date is so hit or miss these days. with some titles you might get it on the day of or wait 3 to 6 months and longer...
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

receiving vinyl on street date is so hit or miss these days. with some titles you might get it on the day of or wait 3 to 6 months and longer...
    That and it was during the same time frame folks were getting their vinyl pressed for Record Store Day. Those were pretty much first in line at the vinyl pressing plants.

Seattle should have a vinyl record pressing plant.
    http://www.totalsonic.net/vinylplants.htm
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

I'm fine with Dine Alone knowing they fucked up the record and didn't push it out. I was making a point that Bicycle pushed out the NIN Halo box set without checking the pressing...I was warned by a friend who got the box set that it might be a bad press-it was-I contacted Bicycle in December and they said they would send out a replacement...I'm still waiting. I am kind of expecting the RNDM vinyl to show up after the NIN does.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited April 2016
    I emailed Dine Alone just to check where they were with it, and here is their response on April 7th:

"Thanks for your email. Currently the RNDM album on vinyl remains delayed, new test pressings have been issued recently.

This is the most up-to-date information I have been given at this time."

EDIT: and I see someone already posted this earlier. Sorry for the repeat. :)

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

I'm fine with Dine Alone knowing they fucked up the record and didn't push it out. I was making a point that Bicycle pushed out the NIN Halo box set without checking the pressing...I was warned by a friend who got the box set that it might be a bad press-it was-I contacted Bicycle in December and they said they would send out a replacement...I'm still waiting. I am kind of expecting the RNDM vinyl to show up after the NIN does.
    agreed that would piss me off too.
    I'm or was a big Tool fan not nearly as big as PJ obviously but we're not getting anything from them yet again this year after 10 years since the last album....

I do like guitarist Adam Jones' artwork.
    He's worked with the Melvins, Red Hare and now Komara (instrumental band in Europe) their debut was released last summer and you could preorder the limited edition vinyl so I did. First it was delayed til January then no word. finally after contacting the guys in the band after 6+ months I sent emails demanding a refund in March.
    They just are now shipping the vinyl.
    what a hassle
  • Options
    TimoRitzenTimoRitzen Posts: 147
    Anyone else out there who hasn`t received their pre-ordered vinyl?? ordered on january 20th...
    hope it`s not going down the same road as the limited edition Lightning Bolt vinyl... that never reached me...
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

Anyone else out there who hasn`t received their pre-ordered vinyl?? ordered on january 20th...
    hope it`s not going down the same road as the limited edition Lightning Bolt vinyl... that never reached me...

No one has received. There was a quality issue with the initial batch of green-orange swirl (never shipped) so they had to repress.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    At this point I might have to change my shipping address I'm moving this summer.
    This is lame,get on it we all have a job to do. I did my part, when is this "business" going to step up to the challenge...

• Options
    Just received from the Dine Alone Store ..

Hello,

Thank you for pre-orderig RNDM Ghost Riding on vinyl.

Due to a manufacturing error, all vinyl will now be translucent orange as opposed to an orange & green swirl. Please respond to this email should you have any questions or concerns regarding your order.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
    -Dine Alone Records
  • Options
    Thanks for the news flash Dine Alone, lol. This is pretty brutal. I wonder how RNDM feels about it.
    (I don't blame this on Dine Alone though - they are a good company. Anyone know who the manufacturer is? If it was mentioned in this thread I missed it).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Thanks for the news flash Dine Alone, lol. This is pretty brutal. I wonder how RNDM feels about it.
    (I don't blame this on Dine Alone though - they are a good company. Anyone know who the manufacturer is? If it was mentioned in this thread I missed it).

received same email.
    the translucent orange was news last month. I fucking hate waiting for something I ordered months ago especially when the label announces the week of release they have no idea when it's shipping!
    how long does it take for a test pressing??
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

received same email.
    the translucent orange was news last month. I fucking hate waiting for something I ordered months ago especially when the label announces the week of release they have no idea when it's shipping!
    how long does it take for a test pressing??
    Depends if the master is fucked up or the actual pressing process.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lAdxbEQBSAw

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    First and last order with Dine Alone they will be in fact Dinning alone!

• Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 909
    edited April 2016
    I emailed them earlier and got a really quick response. Apparently they have recently had new test pressings through. I would have thought once they have been approved production can begin.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    RobbyD462 said:

Really? How come? It's not Dine Alone's fault (and it's actually a good thing that they refused to send out fucked up records). They are actually an excellent company to buy from, especially if you're Canadian. I wouldn't write them off if I were you Robby! You'll end up missing out in the future.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    RobbyD462 said:

lol. yeah I've never heard of them until for some strange reason RNDM decided to go with Dine Alone.
    Every PJ side project except Brad in last several years has been Monkey Wrench. why now??

also Dine Alone has a lot Canadian bands then a PJ member releases an album, they're flooded with emails!

PJ's Monkey Wrench
    Brad Best Friends? (2010)
    Tres Mts (2011)
    EV Ukulele Songs (2011)
    JA While My Heart Beats (2012)
    RNDM Acts (2012)
    SG Moonlander (2013)
    MM Music for Film 10" (2014)
    Ten Commandos (2015) how long did it take? 6 months?

with exception
    Brad United We Stand (2012) Red Ink
    Drumgasm (2013) Jackpot

RNDM Ghost Riding (2016)
    DINE ALONE RECORDS?!?