RNDM Ghost Riding Tour 2016

Comments

• With the Canadian dollar being so low I wasn't going to buy this. But with it selling on dine alone for a decent price i picked it up. It was about $15 cheaper.
  • DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532

Local here who also ordered from Dine Alone. Between tax, shipping costs and Mail Innovations 10c is a last resort.

I hear that.
    since 2013 when I received Lightning Bolt vinyl a week late ("10 club version" a free download of unedited MYM video??) and first Vault vinyl which went all the way down the coast and back after starting in Auburn,
    shipping is terrible. if they would wake up and have a pick up window or like Amazon lockers then I would buy more.

tickets, xmas vinyl, Analog items
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    psst....be more forthcoming with release info
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,809
    Stray is a cool song!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    Slightly annoying that the releases were staggered like that. Would have saved even more if I'd ordered from Amazon.ca. :angry: Not sure it's worth the bother of cancelling with Dine Out though. It's a $6 CAD difference.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    edited January 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

Slightly annoying that the releases were staggered like that. Would have saved even more if I'd ordered from Amazon.ca. :angry: Not sure it's worth the bother of cancelling with Dine Out though. It's a $6 CAD difference.

Do you think these guys will be able to fill all orders?
    Dine Out that is.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

edited January 2016
    RobbyD462 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Do you think these guys will be able to fill all orders?
    Dine Out that is.
    I don't see why not. They seem like a good company. I'm not THAT sour about the price difference, now that I think about it, because I have had nothing but problems when doing pre-orders through Amazon in the past.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Amazon has free shipping where as Dine-alone shipping w/tracking is $20+ $20 for the vinyl so RNDN did that so anyone in Canada will get it for less because they are aware of the Canadian $ suck now
    edited January 2016

Amazon has free shipping where as Dine-alone shipping w/tracking is $20+ $20 for the vinyl so RNDN did that so anyone in Canada will get it for less because they are aware of the Canadian $ suck now

Amazon is only free shipping over $25, which the RNDM album is not, so no free shipping unless you're buying something else at the same time (or if you have Prime membership). It's just $7 cheaper for shipping. Since the album is slightly more expensive on Amazon, it is $6 less to order from Amazon.ca after all is said and done (it was only $15 shipping for Dine In within Canada)... but again, Amazon isn't always a good place to pre-order from. I have received pre-orders EXTREMELY late from them in the past even though the album was readily available once the release date hit.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I gave 10C my money. It was only about $1.50 more than Dine Alone or whatever the hell it's called w/tracking.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

I gave 10C my money. It was only about $1.50 more than Dine Alone or whatever the hell it's called w/tracking.

Did you account for the exchange rate? I bought the Vinyl and Cassette with tracking from Dine alone for around $27. 10c would have charged me about $44 for the same package.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    RKCNDY said:

Did you account for the exchange rate? I bought the Vinyl and Cassette with tracking from Dine alone for around $27. 10c would have charged me about $44 for the same package.
    Yep. Dine Alone was $40 shipped w/tracking. Current rates on xe.com say $27.54 US. Was $28.99 from 10C.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    @GramercyTheatre Lineup update: @ParkerGispert of @TheWhigs now opening for @RNDMband ft. Jeff Ament of #PearlJam on 3/7! Tix: http://cncrt.ly/91N
  • JedJed New York City Posts: 1,134
    That's awesome. I used to love the whigs!
    @ RNDM .. Opening Night March 4th of the GhostRiding Tour in Seattle is SOLD OUT! Some tickets still remain for NYC, DC, Philadelphia, Boston, Toronto and Chicago. http://dinealonerecords.com/…/rndm-announces-2016-tour-dat…/ ‪#‎GhostRiding‬
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,809
    Sounds good. Thanks for the update Demetrios.
    EB218946 said:

Sounds good. Thanks for the update Demetrios.

No problemo! :)
  • Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    What a find, thanks everyone. Just purchased from dinealone, saved plenty of cash, and I'm able to pick it up direct.
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    I wonder if they will make a variant of the vinyl, maybe something super rare like all black :)
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

a5pj said:

I wonder if they will make a variant of the vinyl, maybe something super rare like all black :)

Probably random orange splatter on black vinyl copies sold exclusively from the 10club. :p
    edited January 2016
    demetrios said:
    Wow, it went WAY up. Wtf?
    And at Dine Alone it seems the vinyl is sold out, since when you click to buy it, it goes to a "Page Not Found".
    PJ_Soul said:

demetrios said:
    Wow, it went WAY up. Wtf?
    And at Dine Alone it seems the vinyl is sold out, since when you click to buy it, it goes to a "Page Not Found".
    You mean this one? http://dinealone10.myshopify.com/products/ghost-riding-lp?variant=13539569156 . Still works for me.
  • PJ_Soul said:

That's very nice, but I hope beyond hope that those aren't the only dates. :confounded: At least I can get down to Seattle if I HAVE to, but I really really wish they'd come up to Vancouver! I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars to see them.

Talk to RNDM management and see if they would want to play Vic or Van. Then talk to promoters in both cities and see if you can't get a venue. It wouldn't be the first time a music fan has had to become an amatuer promotor in order to see a band in their area. I did it back in the '90s when I really wanted a particular DnB DJ to visit. Contacted the booking person, got a price quote, found a venue, signed a contract, advertised the heck out of the show and got my body rocking idol to come and do a show. I lost $700 because the bar was slow and the weather was shit but I had a great time and I will never forget my little foray into live music promotion!
    when he's happy he looks insane

Gorge 2005
    @PearlJam See Jeff Ament and @RNDMband live on tour this March. Full list of dates here: http://rndmband.tumblr.com/tour

lonelyastronauts.com @LonelyAstro Cartoon "GHOST RIDING" @RNDMBAND avail March 2016 @dinealonemusic

http://www.kerrang.com/39957/rndm-announce-new-album-and-video/

RNDM Announce New Album And Video!
    By George Garner On January 31, 2016

Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament’s side-project RNDM have released details of their new record.

If you’re struggling to contain yourself when it comes to waiting for the next Pearl Jam album, fret not: you’re still getting some new music from at least one member this year! RNDM a band comprising Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament alongside singer/songwriter Joseph Arthur and The Fastbacks/War Babies drummer Richard Stuverud have released a new video for their single Stray. The beautiful (and wistful) song is taken from their upcoming second album, Ghost Riding, which is set for release on March 4 via Dine Alone.

Speaking about the song, Jeff Ament says: “Ghost Riding embodies what we went after on this record: pushing ourselves creatively with new songwriting approaches, unique sounds, groove and uncomfortable instrumentation… Joseph wrote a great take of longing of childhood past, really beautiful words.”

You can watch the video below, and don’t forget to leave us your comments!
    http://sonicsoundmagazine.com/2016/02/album-review-rndm-ghost-riding/

Album Review: RNDM – Ghost Riding
    by Lisa Schreiner

The music world could surely use a breath of fresh air and RNDM is here to supply the oxygen. With their sophomore album Ghost Riding, RNDM gives us what we’ve been craving to hear since, well, their debut album Acts in 2012. Comprised of singer Joseph Arthur (Fistful of Mercy), bassist Jeff Ament (Pearl Jam) and drummer Richard Stuverud (Three Fish, Tres Mts.), RNDM provides a flow of creativity that expresses what music is supposed to be; daring, unrestricted and original. Ghost Riding hardly sounds like anything you might find in any Top 40 list, and that’s exactly what makes it a great album.

Joseph Arthur’s beautifully haunting voice eases into your ears effortlessly in the track “Walls”, leaving you lulled into a peaceful trance, while “NYC Freeks” brings a funky vibe that this New Yorker can certainly appreciate. The rhythm section provided by Ament and Stuverud highlight these musicians’ enviable talents that go beyond plucking a bass string or beating a snare drum. Not one of the songs on Ghost Riding sound like each other, but they all sound like RNDM.

RNDM will be on tour in March, dates can be found on their official site.

Ghost Riding is out March 4th, 2016! You can pre-order on iTunes here.
    @RNDMBAND RNDM wears only the finest in Balinese hand woven headgear by Spacecraft. #RNDM