Happy 21st Merkin Ball!!!! I Got Id and Long Road

2»

Comments

• PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 11,736
    edited December 2016
    igotid88 said:

I remember going through the P section in the cd aisle at Virgin. Like I did everyday hoping something new will be there. And there it was. Merkin ball. I was so excited. And both songs blew me away

I so remember doing this too! I checked the P section almost daily and then boom one day a new album was there called Merkin ball.
    Those songs came out at the perfect time and stand alone as concert hits live. I love hearing ID on the radio and people always say "who is that, I like that song"? I chuckle inside when I hear them say that. I still have my cardboard copy.
    20yrs wow!
    Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both ideas are overwhelming. AE
  • JbarkerJbarker CanadaPosts: 270

igotid88 said:

I remember going through the P section in the cd aisle at Virgin. Like I did everyday hoping something new will be there. And there it was. Merkin ball. I was so excited. And both songs blew me away

I so remember doing this too! I checked the P section almost daily and then boom one day a new album was there called Merkin ball.
    Those songs came out at the perfect time and stand alone as concert hits live. I love hearing ID on the radio and people always say "who is that, I like that song"? I chuckle inside when I hear them say that. I still have my cardboard copy.
    20yrs wow!
    agree^^^

I love the look on peoples faces when they ask what my favorite PJ tune is and I respond with I Got Id and they have no clue...
    Just one of life's little treats.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 2,212
    My first Pearl Jam release I got when it first came out. I still remember finding it in the new release bin at Best Buy and thinking it was a cool little EP. I gave it to my mom to buy. When I finally got to open it on Christmas, I played it non stop. So awesome. I've been lucky enough to get I Got ID and it was amazing live. Still one of my favorites.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon WinnipegPosts: 10,290
    more than any other song in the catalog, I Got Shit's opening chords make me tingle.
    www.headstonesband.com
    www.the-watchmen.com
    www.thehip.com
  • PapPap Serres, GreecePosts: 16,681
    Ooh, yeah! All right!
    Were [Pearl] jammin
    I wanna [Pearl] jam it wid you.
    Were [Pearl] jammin, [Pearl] jammin
    And I hope you like [Pearl] jammin too.

Sep 30, 2006 - OAKA Sports Hall - Athens, Greece
    Jul 11, 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl - Milton Keynes, UK
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 3,194
    One of the best EPs ever. Two of their best songs packaged together in one special release. This was the soundtrack that got me thru a really rough patch back in the era of its release.
    We all got shit :grin: It's part of what makes each of us unique.
    I'm grateful to PJ for releasing these songs into the ethers.
  • lurkinlurkin Posts: 75
    RIP Criegler, can't believe it's been 21 years...we all walk the long road...
  • Two of my favorite PJ songs. And for those who have not yet discovered the version of The Long Road on the Dead Man Walking soundtrack I suggest that you seek it out. Completely different form the original but equally as moving....
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UKPosts: 13,031
    Finest Single ever IMO
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitarPosts: 6,830

The best PJ EP to date. Period. Those two songs have such a profound meaning in my life today, just as they did on the day of it's release. Merkinball is Pearl Jam at their best.
    Happy 20th!

+1 - been to a handful of shows in the last two years (6) and received I got shit and long road approximately 0 times :(
    Came through at Wrigley!!! ;)
    Cork-Eddie-17 Chicago 1&2-16 Miami-16 Ft. Lauderdale-16 New York City(Colbert,Sound Check,Show)-15 Moline-14 Detroit-14 Amsterdam 1&2-14 Chicago-13 Noblesville-10 Grand Rapids-06 Grand Rapids-04 Auburn Hills-00 Auburn Hills-98 Toledo-96

NO SAMPLES, KEYBOARDS OR SYNTHESIZERS USED IN THE MAKING OF THIS RECORDING....
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 11,335
    pdalowsky said:

Finest Single ever IMO

Agreed
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitarPosts: 6,830
    Vedder stated that "[Neil Young] gave me a song writing lesson at a half-price rate; this is what I came up with...on my final, he gave me a B+ I think."
    Cork-Eddie-17 Chicago 1&2-16 Miami-16 Ft. Lauderdale-16 New York City(Colbert,Sound Check,Show)-15 Moline-14 Detroit-14 Amsterdam 1&2-14 Chicago-13 Noblesville-10 Grand Rapids-06 Grand Rapids-04 Auburn Hills-00 Auburn Hills-98 Toledo-96

NO SAMPLES, KEYBOARDS OR SYNTHESIZERS USED IN THE MAKING OF THIS RECORDING....
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer MarylandPosts: 8,289

igotid88 said:

20yrs wow!
    Speaking of chuckling... It was another 2 years before I found out a merkin was an actual thing and not just some funny word they came up with.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 10,365
    If you dont own this Ep, I'm not sure what youre doing.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,942
    Listening now. Pure awesomeness!
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
2»