Options

Temple Of The Dog Newbury Comics Exclusive 2 LP color vinyl pressing

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited November 2015
    scurtis said:

$40 is a little steep in my opinion...

Same price as the original purple reissue I think. Maybe even cheaper,actually.

I have 6 or 7 newbury comics album and the only with a problem was The Strokes, and they sent a replacement copy.

I have been happy with everything from Newbury except that Strokes one. It wasn't faulty. It just didn't sound good. It was flat. I ended up trading it in at the record store. I will never spin a record that sounds flat. But otherwise, NC's stuff has pleased me.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

Oh, and "Limited to 5 per customer." Funny stuff.

wont somebody think of the flippers...hehe

might have to get another.... last one i bought had a skip on one of the sides and it sucks when you gotta get up and forward the needle.

damn you vinyl imperfections
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,796

Find a black MOV version.....

I'd usually say the same but I'm a sucker for purple, not sure why. Maybe it started with STP's album?
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,044
    I've never owned TOTD on vinyl so I bought it. Looking forward to hearing this piece of wax!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Just bought 5- I'll have them for trade over in Lost Dogs next month....
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,735
    Whoa! Already received a shipping confirmation email with tracking number.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I have the MOV black vinyl... but man this is pretty. Grrr...
  • Options
    cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508

If you hold them for a couple of months longer, you should be able to sell them on LD's for 10X above what you paid...And it wouldn't even be considered a flip...3 months seems to be the magic waiting period...
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • Options
    scott nowlandscott nowland Australia Posts: 247

And didn't even have to wait in a line half the day to do it
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    PJ_Soul said:

scurtis said:

I bought the original MOV from whatrecords in the UK for £18.99 which is $29. I'll be giving this one a miss.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Surprised these are still available. Only 1200 with 5 per customer limit? If 10club sold these & send out an email about the sale I'm pretty sure it would of been sold out in a few minutes.
  • Options
    Maybe people saving their money for Black Friday and the upcoming tour announcement?
    severed hand thirteen

• Options

Maybe people saving their money for Black Friday and the upcoming tour announcement?

That must be it. Let's hope those rumored "Ticketmaster Pearl Jam tickets are officially going on sale early December" are true. If not there's gonna be alot of sad faces this Christmas.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

That must be it. Let's hope those rumored "Ticketmaster Pearl Jam tickets are officially going on sale early December" are true. If not there's gonna be alot of sad faces this Christmas.
    Yes, especially considering I have not asked for anything but PJ tix haha
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,103
    edited November 2015
    demetrios said:

Surprised these are still available. Only 1200 with 5 per customer limit? If 10club sold these & send out an email about the sale I'm pretty sure it would of been sold out in a few minutes.

Maybe? I guess the problem at this point is there are already 3 versions of totd. OP, MOV Purple, and MOV Black. Eventually you hit diminishing returns when you keep putting out the same thing over and over. Especially when it doesn't feel that different to the MOV Purple version.
  • Options
    chime said:

PJ_Soul said:

scurtis said:

I bought the original MOV from whatrecords in the UK for £18.99 which is $29. I'll be giving this one a miss.
    ... I paid $45 CAD. I guess the shipping must have just cranked up the price, or I got it from somewhere else (might have actually been popmarket back when the shipping to Canada was free, now that I think about it).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    Zod said:

demetrios said:

Maybe? I guess the problem at this point is there are already 3 versions of totd. OP, MOV Purple, and MOV Black. Eventually you hit diminishing returns when you keep putting out the same thing over and over. Especially when it doesn't feel that different to the MOV Purple version.
    This
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    scurtis said:

Zod said:

demetrios said:

This
    Yes. Let's move past TOTD and focus on the Singles soundtrack being reissued. ;)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

scurtis said:

Zod said:

demetrios said:

This
    Yes. Let's move past TOTD and focus on the Singles soundtrack being reissued. ;)
    We won't be seeing a reissue Singles Soundtrack anytime soon thanks to Smashing Pumpkins.

• Options
    Still available.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

We won't be seeing a reissue Singles Soundtrack anytime soon thanks to Smashing Pumpkins.

If you read the context around that quote it was that they asked for a demo version or something new of the song to put on the new extended soundtrack. There's nothing preventing them from using the existing smashing pumpkins song on the soundtrack.
  • Options
    Zod said:

demetrios said:

If you read the context around that quote it was that they asked for a demo version or something new of the song to put on the new extended soundtrack. There's nothing preventing them from using the existing smashing pumpkins song on the soundtrack.
    That was my understanding as well...
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

I've never owned TOTD on vinyl so I bought it. Looking forward to hearing this piece of wax!

//|\\ this //|\\
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Zod said:

demetrios said:

The initial release was for August 2015. Then this happened .. Corgan blocked reissue of classic soundtrack. http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2015-08-10/corgan-blocked-reissue-of-classic-soundtrack

From cp3iverson "Corgan only blocked Epic from using the demo to Drown. Soundtrack is still on. There will just be no extra Pumpkins tunes (thats a good thing)."

That's good cause I don't care for any extra Pumpkins songs on the reissue. Now the wait continues ...
  • Options
    I bought The album yesterday and it sounds great! didn't have any of the other versions. Saw Chris perform a few of these songs live in Boston!
  • Options
    demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

Zod said:

demetrios said:

The initial release was for August 2015. Then this happened .. Corgan blocked reissue of classic soundtrack. http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2015-08-10/corgan-blocked-reissue-of-classic-soundtrack

From cp3iverson "Corgan only blocked Epic from using the demo to Drown. Soundtrack is still on. There will just be no extra Pumpkins tunes (thats a good thing)."

That's good cause I don't care for any extra Pumpkins songs on the reissue. Now the wait continues ...
    Yah it's classic reporting. Other websites saw the quote then started making articles taking the quote out of context. Yah he wasn't happy with the label but it was only additional material he was unwilling to contribute.

It is too bad. Like of a 90's music you didn't need to be a single for people to like your song. I really like Drown. It's a good song (except the end goes on a bit too long).
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

Zod said:

demetrios said:

Oh, yeah. Sorry, I misread the orginal comment about this. It was my understanding that the ST is happening without SP on it at all. Corgan's a bit of an idiot - he really does act like he wakes up every morning consciously thinking about wat he can be pissy about that day - but whatever.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Sold out!
  • Options
    TOTD arrived in MD and rode the Technics last night....sounds great.
    No NC exclusive stickerage, just an MOV sticker.

By the way, that record drives my dog crazy.
  • Options
    some good news?

this non-purple swirled version is avail for the same price...

https://newburycomics.com/products/temple-of-the-dog-temple-of-the-dog-lp-vinyl?variant=4629811075