Options

My music

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
edited November 2015 in Poetry, Prose, Music & Art
https://soundcloud.com/mario-k-84

Newest songs (and probably my best efforts):

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on

Comments

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    edited November 2015
    I just listened to Sunshine Soul Radiates. I like the guitar part.

I am wondering what's going on with the vocal part though. Is there an echo effect or do you have two tracks on the vocal part? The reason I'm asking is that the second part makes it kind of drag and hard to understand the words. Is that what you were going for or were you just trying to beef up the vocal part?

I think the song might improve if you tightened up the relationship between the parts.
    Post edited by justam on
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    justam said:

I just listened to Sunshine Soul Radiates. I like the guitar part.

I am wondering what's going on with the vocal part though. Is there an echo effect or do you have two tracks on the vocal part? The reason I'm asking is that the second part makes it kind of drag and hard to understand the words. Is that what you were going for or were you just trying to beef up the vocal part?

I think the song might improve if you tightened up the relationship between the parts.

Hi, Thank you for your feedback.
    I double tracked the vocals. I like double tracking so I was aiming to beef it up.
    The lyrics are published.
    I am now working on fixing it on Audacity. My friend who is good at using this program gave me some tips on using the EQ to get the right sound for my voice.
    I will upload again once fixed.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    wow. just listened to My Friend--there are so many things I like about it including the melody, the chords, your voice, the tempo changes. i think its a great song, I'm glad I listened :yin_yang:
  • Options
    p.s. I love audacity too. it looks daunting at first but there are a few YouTube tutorials that explain the essentials
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    just listened to Sunshine Soul Radiates. the melody in this song is so beautiful. i can hear all the other instrument parts in my mind. this is such an awesome song, . thanks for putting it up. I like the title too
    Post edited by rollings on
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    After some helpful feedback I have made some adjustments to my song.
    Here is version 2.
    Tightened the vocal double tracking, added EQ to my vocals, and brought the volume of the guitar up a few dB's.
  • Options
    rollings said:

wow. just listened to My Friend--there are so many things I like about it including the melody, the chords, your voice, the tempo changes. i think its a great song, I'm glad I listened :yin_yang:

I feel so happy that you like it.
    I hate the sound of my voice, wish I sounded and could sing better (I probably could but can't afford lessons right now). I guess every singer hates his/her voice eg. John Lennon.
    I'm glad you like it.
    Big thank you!
  • Options
    rollings said:

p.s. I love audacity too. it looks daunting at first but there are a few YouTube tutorials that explain the essentials

Yeah, too many controls. My friend explained some of it to me and told me what to search for on YouTube.
  • Options
    rollings said:

just listened to Sunshine Soul Radiates. the melody in this song is so beautiful. i can hear all the other instrument parts in my mind. this is such an awesome song, . thanks for putting it up. I like the title too

I feel chuffed, thank you so much :)
    I wasn't sure if the title was good, thank you!
    I have a Bandcamp too if you want to download it :)
  • Options
    Two more songs done this week.

Acoustic singer-songwrite type

Punk grunge type
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I like the Invisible Man.

I have a couple of suggestions to tweak it-->

Have a big diminuendo at the end rather than keeping the vocals so audible.

Also, I think it'd be really great if you could have some kind of texture change or dreamy instrumental break (no vocals) in the middle of the song to evoke the "invisible" idea. Use different instruments in that part. Something with more space in it.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam said:

I like the Invisible Man.

I have a couple of suggestions to tweak it-->

Have a big diminuendo at the end rather than keeping the vocals so audible.

Also, I think it'd be really great if you could have some kind of texture change or dreamy instrumental break (no vocals) in the middle of the song to evoke the "invisible" idea. Use different instruments in that part. Something with more space in it.

Thank you :-)
    Interesting suggestions. Yeah I think my vocals at the end could be a bit softer.
  • Options
    very cool screaming image

• Options
    rollings said:

very cool screaming image

I hurt my voice doing that. My throat was sore for a few days. Thanks!