Denon DP300f

Hi...I am getting this turntable....do you have to alighni ;/.......where do put the srews .....please respond.......Thank You

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    If you're buying it new it will already be set up.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    Yup.
    Awesome TT though. Someone once told me that when I describe this setup (which I have) I sound like Ralphie describing the red ryder BB gun in his theme paper. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

If you're buying it new it will already be set up.

It will come with instructions on where to set the anti-skate, counter weight, etc,.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Learning how to set anti-skate, cartridge alignment, VTA and tonearm balancing is something every turntable owner should do.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    dudeman said:

Learning how to set anti-skate, cartridge alignment, VTA and tonearm balancing is something every turntable owner should do.

Well we certainly need to know how to balance the tonearm, etc. That's why there are instructions that come with the TT. I see no reason for someone to know how to align a cartridge when they have experts do it for them. If they want to do it themselves, yes, obviously.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    I guess it comes down to how much one wants to rely on others to do simple tasks. Aligning a cartridge is pretty simple and just about anyone could learn how to do it in under an hour.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Youtube it. It's all out there!
  • JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
    PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

Well we certainly need to know how to balance the tonearm, etc. That's why there are instructions that come with the TT. I see no reason for someone to know how to align a cartridge when they have experts do it for them. If they want to do it themselves, yes, obviously.
    Hey Pj Soul...........I saved enough money to buy the Denon you have........It comes Monday........get back to me please................I want to know this inside and out........................Thanks .....Joshua ........................................................................................................
  • JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
    PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

another thing........I had them put on a better cartridge on..........the cheapest best one they had............will it still be perfectly alighned if they alighned it to a new one ?
    JP33 said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

another thing........I had them put on a better cartridge on..........the cheapest best one they had............will it still be perfectly alighned if they alighned it to a new one ?
    Congrats! You've had it for a while now - just saw this now. How do you like it? You've probably figured out by now that yes, they aligned your cartridge. ;) Which cartridge did you get for it? I've got the Ortofon 2M Red.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Don't leave him hanging PjSoul :dizzy:
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.

Don't leave him hanging PjSoul :dizzy:

Yeah wtf, I kind of dropped the ball eh? :lol: