Options

*** Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Fanviews Here 11/22/15 ***

2»

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    anapaula said:

It was the best PJ concert I've ever been to. I was on the second row, center rail, the setlist was incredible, the band was having fun, Eddie wearing speedos and drinking cachaça.

When I go to concerts I don't care if others in the crowd know the lyrics or not, if they're there to hear one song only or whatever. I don't think there should be a fandom competition. I've seen people judge how others enjoyed their experience, I think it's pointless.

Not everyone in Brazil speaks English, but that doesn't necessarily mean they can't enjoy the beat and the vibe of music.

I came across a lot of awesome people on all 5 shows, from all over Brazil and the world. It has already been said, even by Eddie Vedder himself, that we welcomed everyone with open arms. But I had a very bad experience with a couple of people from overseas, that thought that just because they've been touring with the band and sleeping in lines for a few shows, they had some kind of authority over us. They were rude and violent people, that treated others like they were nothing and made fun of our language and our culture. I hope I never see them again.

One of my favorite moments was Just Breathe, the song I always sing on my mind for my late mother. Those were 5 unforgettable nights.

Personally I loved seeing the video screens and local people in the front rows. I get tired of the same people lining up for front row at every show in the US. It is a free country but I see it as being a little selfish. Sorry you had a bad experience with some travelers.
  • Options
    camilo.oliveiracamilo.oliveira São Paulo Posts: 6
    anapaula said:

When I go to concerts I don't care if others in the crowd know the lyrics or not, if they're there to hear one song only or whatever. I don't think there should be a fandom competition. I've seen people judge how others enjoyed their experience, I think it's pointless.

I didn't mean to say that other people should know songs more or enjoy 'better', but I feel that I have a better time when surrounded by people that knows the band and sings the songs, or at least know most songs.

That day there were people way too drunk that started to dance taking a lot of space and bothering other people around them (including me), a guy who watched half of the show with his back to the stage and complaining about how the band should perform, among others. These people made me feel angry at some part of the show, until I moved from where I was. During this time lots of other people around us were not singing or even excited with seeing the band live, so what I felt was that in that day the crowd was not that great.

Also hate the 'biggest fan competition'. Just feel that when the band is playing live and people around you are engaged and singing, you can feel the concert more intensely.
  • Options
    anapaulaanapaula Rio de Janeiro Posts: 14

I tell u something
    There are rude people for sure
    But i was with alot of travelers 25 days to 3 countries ar SA and all i met amd me including had the best time.we have so much respect to your country and your culture and we loved brazil..odrigado for everything and for make us feel so wellcomed and loved..thanks

Oh, for sure! I wish I'd had a chance to meet you! I was always in a hurry on most of them, straight from work to airports and back to work. Maybe next time! We will always welcome everyone here. It was a lot of fun. Unforgettable! :)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Who brings a speedo to a Pearl Jam show - only in Rio!
    https://media.giphy.com/media/xTk9ZRjqdY0U00vxio/giphy.gif
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”