Options

Jenner Woman of the Year

Comments

• Options
    callen said:

PJ Soul "Circling the wagons" makes more sense right? Oops… I also don't know about the climate change Prelude that you speak of.

Callen I'm not sure what youre setting up for but I'll bite…

"Do you feel that if you are born with a penis that you are a man and deal with it?"

Yes.

My question is that everything I've read about DNA defines you so why is Corduroykelly's comment attacked? Very curious.

So a person that is born blind and can have surgery to fix shouldn't have it done? Just deal with it?

There are no attacks. It's debating ones side.

If one is offended due to religious beliefs or any other reason well then one should reflect why.
    Surgery to repair blindness is a little different than gender reorientation.

Your example would be more accurate if you stated one sought to replace their eyes with ears.

As I said before... I don't really give a shit, but I'm not totally sure where I am at with the concept of a mind and body born incongruent with each other. As pragmatic as I am, it seems very unnatural.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited December 2015
    Thirty it's the exact same thing. When you have billions of humans, there will be birth defects including mix up of sexual orientation between brain and body. It is Nature. It is natural. As done have brown hair and others red.

Why is this not just accepted and empathy given to the poor humans that had this happen? Is it insecurity of ones own sexuality? Does it put one at odds with perceived reality?

Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

Thirty it's the exact same thing. When you have billions of humans, there will be birth defects including mix up of sexual orientation between brain and body. It is Nature. It is natural. As done have brown hair and others red.

Why is this not just accepted and empathy given to the poor humans that had this happen? Is it insecurity of ones own sexuality? Does it put one at odds with perceived reality?

I think it is accepted.

I think this discussion centers on 'what' it is accepted for. For me... I accept this as a preference more than a necessity.

And spinning the discussion to opponents is weak. Questioning the need to chop off one's penis and replace it with a vagina is hardly something that qualifies a person as 'scared' or 'insecure with their sexuality'.

Bruce was an alpha male at one point in his life. Let's not forget that at one point, his masculinity was without question. Trapped and helpless inside a body born useless to him? Not really.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Preference? So you chose to feel like a man?

And yes I feel if one has any qualms about others sexuality there is a problem. Is this schadenfreude?

And thinking about surgery on my penis makes me shudder which reinforces my empathy for humans that sacrifice so much to feel balanced. Then add being famous and the ridiculed.

10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

And yes I feel if one has any qualms about others sexuality there is a problem. Is this schadenfreude?

And thinking about surgery on my penis makes me shudder which reinforces my empathy for humans that sacrifice so much to feel balanced. Then add being famous and the ridiculed.

No. I don't choose to feel like a man. I am a man and I am what I am.
  • Options
    callen said:

I don't see how any amount of surgery is going to make a former man feel like a woman or vice versa. That's just baffling to me.

Amputees talk about losing their appendages and thinking that they are still there. When they get prosthetics it's not the same.

I haven't done the research, actually I'm not sure how you'd get the evidence but I can't see swapping genitalia and having the exact sensations you would as if you were born that way.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515

PJ Soul "Circling the wagons" makes more sense right? Oops… I also don't know about the climate change Prelude that you speak of.

"Do you feel that if you are born with a penis that you are a man and deal with it?"

Yes.

My question is that everything I've read about DNA defines you so why is Corduroykelly's comment attacked? Very curious.

I don't know what you mean for most of this post (you seem drunk???).
    I also don't know why you think corduroykelly is being attacked. People are disputing his viewpoint. That what happens in the AMT.
    I also think it's odd to be focusing on "what DNA dictates". We try and fix problems related to genetic problems all the time in medicine. Why should it be any different for a transgendered person? Something is wrong with the wiring when it comes to them - I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with finding ways to deal with or correct such an issue.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Yes.

I don't know what you mean for most of this post (you seem drunk???).
    I also don't know why you think corduroykelly is being attacked. People are disputing his viewpoint. That what happens in the AMT.
    I also think it's odd to be focusing on "what DNA dictates". We try and fix problems related to genetic problems all the time in medicine. Why should it be any different for a transgendered person? Something is wrong with the wiring when it comes to them - I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with finding ways to deal with or correct such an issue.
    I seem drunk? You asked corduroykelly about climate change...

Ok. I'll break it down for you.

My post

PJ Soul "Circling the wagons" makes more sense right? Oops…

"I corrected myself as you were right that 'wagons are circling' made no sense."

I also don't know about the climate change Prelude that you speak of.

"I was curious as to why you'd ask about climate change in this thread? You must have forgotten you asked him that? It seemed odd and out of place."

Yes.

"Callen asked me directly a question, which I thought he was going to 'set me up' with. So I replied."

"Four or five people jumped on him about the DNA statement indirectly by NOT responding to the DNA logic but by asking other questions like climate change, religion and if he was scared. That looked like an attack."

People are disputing his viewpoint. That what happens in the AMT.
    I also think it's odd to be focusing on "what DNA dictates".

"So disputing his point is ok but what DNA dictates isn't ok to discuss?"

Something is wrong with the wiring when it comes to them - I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with finding ways to deal with or correct such an issue.

"I don't have a problem with finding a way to fix them either. Not sure that anyone did have a problem with it?!?"

• Options

callen said:

So what makes you think a person would want to do the opposite and incur pain and ridicule? Think maybe it's because they have same strong desire as you just they're programming doesn't match body?
  • Options
    Still not really really following you Tempo. Everything being discussed is fine to discuss.
    And fwiw, I'm not accusing you of anything.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Still not really really following you Tempo. Everything being discussed is fine to discuss.
    And fwiw, I'm not accusing you of anything.

I'm all over the place sometimes PJ soul, I know that...

• Options
    callen said:

callen said:

So what makes you think a person would want to do the opposite and incur pain and ridicule? Think maybe it's because they have same strong desire as you just they're programming doesn't match body?
    I have no idea.

People do and feel all kinds of bizarre and strange things that are challenging to explain.
  • Options
    callen said:

Everyone deserves to be who they are.
    On the same token though you can't metamorphosize in front of your own species without regard.

Why?
    Cause you say so?

Cause it's not gods plan?
    I guess I should've added "to public opinion and ridicule".
    Surprised you would mention gods plan in relation to anything I post.
  • Options
    callen said:

callen said:

"Their programming doesn't match" sounds like a mental illness reference?

There isn't a sign of mental illness in transgender people is there?

Serious question.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

callen said:

Everyone deserves to be who they are.
    On the same token though you can't metamorphosize in front of your own species without regard.

Why?
    Cause you say so?

Cause it's not gods plan?
    I guess I should've added "to public opinion and ridicule".
    Surprised you would mention gods plan in relation to anything I post.
    I'm trying to understand the mentality of cruelty of making a human suffer due to another persons feelings/beliefs. I don't keep up with posters religious convictions just really wondering how one comes up with their positions.

I liken the backlash towards transgendered humans to those that feel that God loves you if your gay, just suffer your whole fkn life and not act on it. Or better, just seek conversion.

Wonder also if people are just jealous.

. I'm not insinuating any posters here feel these ways. I don't know.
    Post edited by callen on
  • Options

callen said:

callen said:

"Their programming doesn't match" sounds like a mental illness reference?

There isn't a sign of mental illness in transgender people is there?

Serious question.
    Appreciate the question. Feel it's just inevitable with the billions of humans born, brains will be swapped with bodies. Just like any other birth defect. We have conjoined twins. No backlash of them being separated.

It's all just nature/gods will. Same as homosexuality. We should support and have empathy. Transgendered humans have it tough.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    I don't agree with this, but I thought it was a little funny.

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610

callen said:

I think it is accepted.

I think this discussion centers on 'what' it is accepted for. For me... I accept this as a preference more than a necessity.

And spinning the discussion to opponents is weak. Questioning the need to chop off one's penis and replace it with a vagina is hardly something that qualifies a person as 'scared' or 'insecure with their sexuality'.

Bruce was an alpha male at one point in his life. Let's not forget that at one point, his masculinity was without question. Trapped and helpless inside a body born useless to him? Not really.
    Bruce's masculinity may have been without question for you and others, but definitely not for her. This is were a lot of the tension comes from: people not putting themselves in a place to understand the transgendered person's experience.
  • Options
    Digin, that was funny.
  • Options

callen said:

I think it is accepted.

Bruce's masculinity may have been without question for you and others, but definitely not for her. This is were a lot of the tension comes from: people not putting themselves in a place to understand the transgendered person's experience.
    For sure. In other words, a lot of people have a LOT of trouble finding empathy when it comes to transgendered people. It is just too far out of their own experience I guess. But that doesn't mean that empathy can't be found. Just takes some education.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    edited December 2015
    dignin said:

I came in here to post this LOL.
    It's wrong on so many levels, which is what makes it funny imo
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Digin, well it is funny on many levels. women are so much smarter and tougher than men and would always win on gender of the year. Well cept for bugs. Ha.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    callen said:

Digin, well it is funny on many levels. women are so much smarter and tougher than men and would always win on gender of the year. Well cept for bugs. Ha.

You got that right.
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

dignin said:

So this passes as ok for funny but laughing at the person for being a cat isn't?

I have another serious question.

Is jenners genetic make up orDNA, a woman's or a mans or is his brain telling him that he should be a woman?

Curious if there is a link or not?
  • Options

ldent42 said:

dignin said:

So this passes as ok for funny but laughing at the person for being a cat isn't?

Is jenners genetic make up orDNA, a woman's or a mans or is his brain telling him that he should be a woman?

One was bullying the other was a joke poking fun at everyone. One wasn't funny, the other was.

The last bit about DNA is a red herring, no one is arguing that Jenner wasn't born as a Male in the definition of sex.

How many times do we have to say that gender and sex are two different things?

• Options
    dignin said:

ldent42 said:

dignin said:

One was bullying the other was a joke poking fun at everyone. One wasn't funny, the other was.

The last bit about DNA is a red herring, no one is arguing that Jenner wasn't born as a Male in the definition of sex.

Gender/sex are different. Got it. I was wondering if there was a DNA link or not.

As for the funny thing, sorry. Funny is funny. It takes all forms
  • Options

dignin said:

ldent42 said:

dignin said:

Gender/sex are different. Got it. I was wondering if there was a DNA link or not.

As for the funny thing, sorry. Funny is funny. It takes all forms
    So you would go up to a trans person and say "Hey! Since you want to be a dude/girl now I'm going to be a cat! Cause I wanna be a cat! Meow!"? Where I'm from that isn't funny.

I would have no trouble telling the other joke to a trans person.....it's so ridiculous it's funny.

As to the other DNA thing, if you're up on your science lingo.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_transsexualism#Genetics
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,680
    I had a dream last night that this guy we know here in town had a sex change operation and came by to tell us about it. We were not offended of course and tried to be encouraging only he looked like a dude in drag and he thumped on his chest real macho-like and said, "I'm so happy to have these [boobs] now!" I should have told him to consult with Bruce on how to better pull this off.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

ldent42 said:

dignin said:

laughing at a person for being a cat? what? From Dignin's response I'm guessing there's a thing I missed somewhere.

I also just wanna point out that as long as you have a basic understanding of the way patriarchy works or like a baseline minimum knowledge of feminism, that joke is hilarious.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435