Jenner Woman of the Year

I seen that Jenner was named woman of the year. Does anyone think this is a slap in the face of women? Especially since he has not been a she for more than a year. I would think that the two women who went through Ranger School might have been a better choice or someone who did something more than for a publicity stunt. I know that there are more pressing issues in the world but I wanted to know peoples thoughts. I also posted a reply to the Jenner in AET, but I thought it was more appropriate here.
96 Randall's Island II
98 CAA
00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
09 Phillie III
10 MSG II
13 Wrigley Field
16 Phillie II

Comments

• chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited November 2015
    he isn't woman of the year
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I believe it was for a specific category of women, but I don't feel slighted. I mean, I don't get why Reese Witherspoon got an award either.

Award shit is weird shit.

(hi, chadwick!)

And actually, while pondering this before posting, I do disagree with the "hardest part of being a woman" part of her speech. Perhaps said in jest, but really...fuck that.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Ahh, back on line just in time for more weirdness! :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• I totally agree
    chadwick said:

he isn't woman of the year

96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    hedonist said:

And actually, while pondering this before posting, I do disagree with the "hardest part of being a woman" part of her speech. Perhaps said in jest, but really...fuck that.

I didn't see anything about the speech but then I didn't follow the story. What was her comment on the hardest part of being a woman?
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • The hardest part about being a woman is figuring out what to wear. It’s always that way; I never thought it would come to this. I had really no sense of style.

http://www.bellanaija.com/2015/11/16/caitlyn-jenner-says-the-hardest-part-about-being-a-woman-is-figuring-out-what-to-wear/
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II

The hardest part about being a woman is figuring out what to wear. It’s always that way; I never thought it would come to this. I had really no sense of style.

http://www.bellanaija.com/2015/11/16/caitlyn-jenner-says-the-hardest-part-about-being-a-woman-is-figuring-out-what-to-wear/

:tired_face::tired_face:
    That is so unbelievably trite and shallow that I don't even know where to begin. It doesn't even work as a joke.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Go Caitlyn.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    I'm with hedonist on giving her the award. It doesn't bother me. Unfortunately, so many awards aren't all that meaningful.

But that comment about the hardest part of being a woman is insulting to other women. How many hardships do women all around the world deal with, and to trivialize it with a statement like that. Like I said, it doesn't even work as a joke.
  • Who named Bruce the 'Woman of the Year'?

And why?

I don't give two shits whether Bruce wants to be Caitlyn, a gorilla, or an alien- whatever makes him happy, but what about him is award worthy? I would think Joe Blow that doesn't have the fame and support behind him as he surgically changes his gender- punching the clock to sneers and jeers- is more worthy of an award than Bruce.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Who Princess I can agree I wanted to post it for good debate. Awards are a big love fest for whoever is popular at the time. However the cavalier approach about the toughest thing is non sense. There was a woman recently stoned to death, I believe in Pakistan and this clown says finding cloths is hard. There is another story from a widow from 9/11 her husband received her award for her courageous action that led to her death. He sent the award back after seeing this clown get it.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
    Go Caitlyn.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • callen are you going to add to the debate?
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II

Who named Bruce the 'Woman of the Year'?

And why?

I don't give two shits whether Bruce wants to be Caitlyn, a gorilla, or an alien- whatever makes him happy, but what about him is award worthy? I would think Joe Blow that doesn't have the fame and support behind him as he surgically changes his gender- punching the clock to sneers and jeers- is more worthy of an award than Bruce.

This bolded part really hit it for me, Thirty.

I'm now off to worry about what I shall wear tomorrow.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    It has become clear to me after that hardest thing about being a women comment that a baking sheet has more depth than Caitlyn Jenner.

More proof that you can change as much as you want on the outside, but you can't change who you are on the inside.

I'm sure there were at least a thousand more women more deserving of this "award".
    Hold your horses, folks. Who gives out the "Woman of the Year Award"? Glamour, right? OK, so who here really takes seriously what Glamour says about who or whom is or isn't the marvelous woman we know? Don't we all know women who are absolutely marvelous (I sure do) and mean more to us than anything Glamour has to say or not say about them?

Right, you got it!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Glamour + Costanza = Buck Naked's mother in the hospital.

"Visiting hours are almost over!"
    hedonist said:

Glamour + Costanza = Buck Naked's mother in the hospital.

"Visiting hours are almost over!"

There has got to be a Seinfeld joke in here somewhere and although I don't get it, I'm laughing anyway 'cause I know if Hedo printed it, it's gotta be good! :smiley:

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,742
    edited November 2015
    I look to the day when people will not be judged by the shape of their sexual organs, but by the content of their character.
    -MLK...sorta.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    B - the classic Master of My Domain ep!

mookey gave me a smile yet again.
    hedonist said:

B - the classic Master of My Domain ep!

mookey gave me a smile yet again.

LOL to both of you.

Good one, Mookey!

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Being a man I have no opinion on an award for a woman .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    ^. But IMO the only award Bruce/Caitlyn should get is for divorcing from His crazy ass wife...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    If we give the whole family a lifetime award, will they agree to go away?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    callen said:

Go Caitlyn.

I am. Your response backs this up.

Go Caitlyn.

And thanks for making some humans squirm.
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    pain in the ass of the year, yes/no?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Yes (entire family gets that vote)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2015

I seen that Jenner was named woman of the year. Does anyone think this is a slap in the face of women? Especially since he has not been a she for more than a year. I would think that the two women who went through Ranger School might have been a better choice or someone who did something more than for a publicity stunt. I know that there are more pressing issues in the world but I wanted to know peoples thoughts. I also posted a reply to the Jenner in AET, but I thought it was more appropriate here.

As a woman, no, it's not a slap in the face of women IMO. It makes no difference to me how long she's been a woman. NO ONE changes their fucking gender as a publicity stunt, first off.
    Secondly, she really IS helping people. I am very passionate about the rights and acceptance of the LGBT community, and no matter what Jenner has been up to for the past decade or so, she really is a loud voice for that cause. She isn't just on TV. She is spending her time visiting kids and their families who are going through the same struggle that she went through all her life, and she really has played a big role in bringing the real issues related to transgendered people into the spotlight, which DOES lead to greater acceptance. I think she's a perfectly good choice for woman of the year. Of course there are TONS of other women who might have also deserved the honour. But I think Jenner is one of them, and is as a good choice as any other might have been, for distinctive reasons. I think it is a huge shame that so many people can't see past the stupid Kardashian bullshit (which really is garbage) and see what Jenner is actually doing NOW, but what she's doing now truly is important for a lot of people, and for equality.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490

If we give the whole family a lifetime award, will they agree to go away?

The answer all along is for millions of older adults to start wearing their clothing line and commenting on their Twitter. Make them uncool.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    In other new, N.W.A. is a nominee for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.