Options

Keep On Rockin' in the Free World (what's left of it)

It’s been a long week, and even though I’d prefer to stay home and have several glasses of wine, while watching the Democrats debate from Iowa (which should be very interesting!), and follow the online blow by blow description of tonight’s Pearl Jam concert in Sao Paulo, Brazil (which should also be very interesting, since the Paris attacks will be weighing heavy on their minds for many reasons, not the least of which is the fact that the guys in Eagles of Death Metal are their good friends), but instead we’ve decided to honor a date that has been on our calendar for a few weeks now. We will be going to see our friends Anthony and Rocco and their band NO CODE play acoustic versions of our favorite Pearl Jam songs. Maybe, in some small way, we can pay tribute to the innocent souls who lost their lives in Paris last night, just doing what so many of us like to do; have a good time on a weekend evening with a few friends, having some food and a few drinks, maybe catch some live music at a club. I guess we’ll be doing our part to keep on rockin’ in a free world, at least what’s left of it.
I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!

Comments