The Ongoing Saga That Is Stone Temple Pilots

12346»

Comments

• CPR7CPR7 Posts: 106
    What time did they hit the stage and how long was their set? 
  • NSLNSL Charlotte, NCPosts: 137
    I saw them earlier this year in Dallas as part of a day fest.  Wasn't anything exciting but I thought Jeff sounded just fine in those songs.  They are playing a free show 20 minutes away from me tonight so i'm gonna check it out
    My concert photos/recordings:
    http://www.nslmedia.net/

2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon WinnipegPosts: 15,629
    CPR7 said:
    10:05, as scheduled, and played till about 11:30 I think it was. 

it's always funny to me how bands SCHEDULE an encore. I mean, even when half the crowd has left and there's barely an audible cheer for the band to come back out....and they do anyway. this was the case. i was happy they came back out, mind you, but man, I feel kinda bad for them. These guys just can't hold the interest of a crowd without Scott. Talk Show failed. Army of Anyone failed. And I don't see this incarnation of STP being any differentt, unfortunately. 
  • CPR7 said:

it's always funny to me how bands SCHEDULE an encore. I mean, even when half the crowd has left and there's barely an audible cheer for the band to come back out....and they do anyway. this was the case. i was happy they came back out, mind you, but man, I feel kinda bad for them. These guys just can't hold the interest of a crowd without Scott. Talk Show failed. Army of Anyone failed. And I don't see this incarnation of STP being any differentt, unfortunately. 
    Maybe an anomoly? Big crowds, lots of noise for them on the tour overall. At least their Instagram posts over the summer, etc., communicated a very different vibe.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon WinnipegPosts: 15,629
    CPR7 said:

Maybe an anomoly? Big crowds, lots of noise for them on the tour overall. At least their Instagram posts over the summer, etc., communicated a very different vibe.
    I hope so. But then I thought it was weird that Dean said we were the best show of the Canadian tour so far. I know that bands always say shit like that, but how he did it was different than how most bands pander to the crowd. it seemed out of character for him to go to Jeff's mic, and somewhat uncomfortably, and seemingly sincerely, state that to the crowd. I've never seen Dean talk to the crowd before. 

It was mostly a combination of things. What struck me most was how many people left after Seether. 

I would also imagine what a band sees is much different than what someone in the crowd might see. I mean, I've been on a stage, and I couldn't see shit farther than 5 feet in front of me. So maybe the folks at the front were awesome. I don't know. I was pretty far back, so my experience could have been affected by that, absolutely, however I had a completely panoramic view from a bird's eye. I was also stone-cold sober, and I've been to a lot of shows, so I'm pretty sure my read was accurate. But hey, I could be wrong. 

I really do hope they succeed. I honestly do. I love the Deleos music. Especially Robert's. 
  • CPR7CPR7 Posts: 106
    CPR7 said:

Thanks for the reviews man. Much appreciated 
12346»