Options

Ku Klux Klan Members?

KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
I'm wondering how interesting this could be. Who could be named? Teachers, politicians, clergy, etc?

Anonymous Begins Revealing Information About Alleged Ku Klux Klan Members
The group claims to have identified 1,000 KKK members and will release their names on Nov. 5.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/anonymous-reveals-kkk-members-info_56378176e4b063179912f5a4?cps=gravity_2425_-8523636009429480395
Falling down,...not staying down

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    I think it could be VERY interesting.... I just wish it was all of them, and not only 1000.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I hope they truly DO thorough due diligence. Would be pretty messed up to put someone's personal information out there through a fuck-up or laziness or what have you.

That said...everybody's got something to hide 'cept for me and my :monkey:
  • Options
    I thinK Anonymous would be pretty careful about making sure the list is accurate.... I really just say that because I have what I guess has to be called unfounded faith in Anonymous, lol. I support their work generally, and am really glad there are people like them out there. I do try to pay attention to what they're doing and everything, but I'm probably biased towards their cause. If they are fucking up or being lazy, I've been blind to it. Hopefully they haven't been, and I haven't seen anything to say that they have.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    "Last week, a group identifying itself as the online hacktivist collective "Anonymous" vowed to release contact information identifying 1,000 members of the Ku Klux Klan..."

"hacktivist"- what a great term! And good to know this is happening.

Though I'm not totally surprised or naive about the point, I'm a bit astonished that there is still so much racism in our society, enough to still keep a group like KKK going. In this day and age of fast spreading information, shared cultures and a relatively small world, this kind of nonsense is overdue to go away.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    I hope the whole list they have is published.
    The weird thing is that soon the people who think that rights will be trampled from doing this will protest.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    their sources better be bulletproof. would be really unfair to out someone who was not actually in the klan.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

I hope the whole list they have is published.
    The weird thing is that soon the people who think that rights will be trampled from doing this will protest.

The great thing about Anonymous is that they don't give a flying fuck if people don't like what they're doing. People can protest all they want, it won't make any difference to Anonymous. ;)
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    if i ever get a permaban i am saying anonymous hacked me ;):lol:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    brianlux said:

"Last week, a group identifying itself as the online hacktivist collective "Anonymous" vowed to release contact information identifying 1,000 members of the Ku Klux Klan..."

Though I'm not totally surprised or naive about the point, I'm a bit astonished that there is still so much racism in our society, enough to still keep a group like KKK going. In this day and age of fast spreading information, shared cultures and a relatively small world, this kind of nonsense is overdue to go away.

I dunno Brian...I wish racism would cease to exist as well, but I am well aware that it is alive and kicking. I really dislike going to Montana every year, in-laws are there so I'm obligated. The town I visit is not more mainstream like Missoula or Whitefish, but there are towns there that are so closed off to the outside world it's like stepping back in time, they literally resist change. Lots of the people there make it pretty obvious that 'colored folk' are not welcome...and underlying racism exists as well. Not as obvious, and most of the time you wouldn't really notice it, but sadly it does.

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Take a trip to Arkansas...
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

brianlux said:

I dunno Brian...I wish racism would cease to exist as well, but I am well aware that it is alive and kicking. I really dislike going to Montana every year, in-laws are there so I'm obligated. The town I visit is not more mainstream like Missoula or Whitefish, but there are towns there that are so closed off to the outside world it's like stepping back in time, they literally resist change. Lots of the people there make it pretty obvious that 'colored folk' are not welcome...and underlying racism exists as well. Not as obvious, and most of the time you wouldn't really notice it, but sadly it does.

Yeah, I totally get it, RKCNDY. We went through some very small towns on the way to Missoula in 2012 that definitely had that white cowboy-up feel (no offense to you country fans). Even parts of so-called "liberal California" are rife with racism. The KKK have members in Napa where many famous California wines are produced. About 10 years ago I drove into Susanville in northern CA and the first thing I saw was a racist billboard. I don't remember what it said but it was creepy.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2015
    I will be the first to admit that racism is in our country as well.
    Sporadic at best but gutful in places.
    The USA has a very, very deep divide between white and black.
    Up here it's between whites and natives.
    But up here it seems less of a battle and more of a disagreement.

late edit - Pearl Jam play Regina!
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options

I will be the first to admit that racism is in our country as well.
    Sporadic at best but gutful in places.
    The USA has a very, very deep divide between white and black.
    Up here it's between whites and natives.
    But up here it seems less of a battle and more of a disagreement.

late edit - Pearl Jam play Regina!

We don't have that problem down here because we wiped most of them out first and then appropriated what was left of their culture.

A woman I know was invited to a guest dinner in honor of the evenings speaker, Native American writer Sherman Alexie. Knowing his work well and knowing how he cleverly pokes fun of whites who appropriate Native culture she asked him who he thought did that the most often. He looked right at her and said, "Middle class liberal white baby boomer women". She laughed because he had just described her to a tee and she got it.

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    words like "alleged" "anonymous" and "Hacker" give this story a bit of a bullshit base to start with, maybe before we start believing some idiots listing names of people they say are KKK we should be looking into the hackers first, maybe Kat or myself are KKK members ?.....or maybe EV is the grand wizard. hay ! lets start listing names numbers and address's of folks we think are black panthers members....lets look on the interweb for pictures of Elvis alive today living in small town America and hanging out with Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin......I seen em' !!!!!

that's it America let's keep stoking the fire of racism because we can't live without it.

Godfather.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    This will be interesting. I do hope list is accurate and hackers can demonstrate that it is. Then we expose these weak humans.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

words like "alleged" "anonymous" and "Hacker" give this story a bit of a bullshit base to start with, maybe before we start believing some idiots listing names of people they say are KKK we should be looking into the hackers first, maybe Kat or myself are KKK members ?.....or maybe EV is the grand wizard. hay ! lets start listing names numbers and address's of folks we think are black panthers members....lets look on the interweb for pictures of Elvis alive today living in small town America and hanging out with Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin......I seen em' !!!!!

that's it America let's keep stoking the fire of racism because we can't live without it.

Godfather.

Surprise, surprise this story ticks off da godfodda!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    LOL I was just realizing how much people need
    rgambs said:

Godfather.

....yes it dose(busted) these times of political correctness and race baiting are too common in the news and social media and all it does is keep the fire of racism burning, if I was a racist I'd be loving this shit " yeah keep burning !" but I am not and all this crap does is create more separation between good people.

Godfather.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,703

rgambs said:

Godfather.

....yes it dose(busted) these times of political correctness and race baiting are too common in the news and social media and all it does is keep the fire of racism burning, if I was a racist I'd be loving this shit " yeah keep burning !" but I am not and all this crap does is create more separation between good people.

Godfather.

Thats true to a point GF. But when these folks are in government as alledged in some of the stuff I have seen so far, I think thats the stuff that needs to be known.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    edited November 2015

Godfather.

That's what is great about anonymous they will lay out all the evidence out to be judged.

I know it's a little bit more worrisome about the names on your side.

Also on your side you say you want transparency but when exposed get very angry. It's all lip service. Your side wants the secrets.
    Post edited by Smellyman on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954

their sources better be bulletproof. would be really unfair to out someone who was not actually in the klan.

I'm guessing they hacked into the KKK membership database
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

Godfather.

That's what is great about anonymous they will lay out all the evidence out to be judged.

I know it's a little bit more worrisome about the names on your side.

Also on your side you say you want transparency but when exposed get very angry. It's all lip service. Your side wants the secrets.
    my side ? what is my side in your opinion ?

Godfather.

• Options

rgambs said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

I think people drool over contrevovercies like this. Stereo types too.
    It all keeps fanning the flames...
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    I'm very doubtful of the legitimacy of this data dump.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Jim Gray, an openly gay democrat mayor, is on this list.

I'll have to admit, that does fit the stereotype of the typical KKK member. Racist gay democrats are exactly what comes to mind when I hear "KKK"
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Dave Chappell skit on the KKK is one of the funniest things ever.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Dave Chappell skit on the KKK is one of the funniest things ever.

The one where he's a blind black man who doesn't know he's black and is a member of the KKK? :lol: So fucking hilarious!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    Jason P said:

I'll have to admit, that does fit the stereotype of the typical KKK member. Racist gay democrats are exactly what comes to mind when I hear "KKK"

Anonymous has not released the list yet....a different group put out a list yesterday that appears to have a lot of people on it that are in no way related to the KKK. One was a mayor that is married to a black man.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

Jason P said:

Anonymous has not released the list yet....a different group put out a list yesterday that appears to have a lot of people on it that are in no way related to the KKK. One was a mayor that is married to a black man.
    What is the group who did that?