Options

WHY NO SIMULCAST??

fookiefookie Posts: 251
edited November 2015 in The Porch
Its about time that PJ live streams their shows on PPV or other outlets??
Phish and other bands do this. It would be great to watch the SA tour each night
Fans will pay and band will make $$. Everyone wins.
Lets do this.

Comments

• Options
    Totally Agree!!!
    I'd pay for just about every show. If anything it makes me want to see them MORE when they come to the East coast.
    Walks on his own... With thoughts he can't help thinking...
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,711
    I follow U2 live on fan sites and every show so far there was an audience stream. I wonder if that will carry over to PJ.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    nicknyr15 said:

I follow U2 live on fan sites and every show so far there was an audience stream. I wonder if that will carry over to PJ.

I'm surprised this hasn't happen yet.

Ustream?

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,711
    cutz said:

nicknyr15 said:

I'm surprised this hasn't happen yet.

Ustream?

Mixlr.com I believe.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Ed has made comments about people watching from home and something about too bad for them that they should be at the show.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I think they try to maintain the personal experience of actually attending a live show... and I think they are wise for doing this
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,103
    PJ has never been big into video. They always allowed people to record audio of their shows but were pretty stubborn about people filming it. They've never put out a bluray (pj20 excluded because it's mostly compiled of videotape footage) and the last DVD they put out was a long time ago.

Short Version: I don't think the band likes being filmed or putting out video :)
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    my2hands said:

I think they try to maintain the personal experience of actually attending a live show... and I think they are wise for doing this

I think this is the case. Same reason they do a different set every night. Each show is unique and they want it to be like that.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    my2hands said:

Do webcasts for sold out only shows like phish. All the profits from those go to waterwheel foundation (their charity). It's a win win for everybody
  • Options
    Zod said:

PJ has never been big into video. They always allowed people to record audio of their shows but were pretty stubborn about people filming it. They've never put out a bluray (pj20 excluded because it's mostly compiled of videotape footage) and the last DVD they put out was a long time ago.

Short Version: I don't think the band likes being filmed or putting out video :)

Argentina 2013 was streamed out by vorterix.com

I don't know if they are planning to do it this year.