Dear 10C, PJ 25th Anniv Analog Member Gift idea!

HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
Since Thursday was the 25th anniversary of the Off Ramp show, and next year marks the 25th anniversary of Ten, it got me to thinking about the analog member gift for 2016. Just throwing the idea out there, but a 7" record box to store all the fan club singles would be an attractive option. Of course, have another option, for those who don't collect records or wouldn't want one. (I liked having the choice between the shirt & luggage tags this year.) It would be an awesome option for those of us who have all the fan club singles or who just want a PJ branded 7" case.

Comments

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    edited October 2015
    That'd be cool, but it'll be something small, considering (by US standards), it's essentially a freebie they're tossing us.

I guess you could always use your own box and custom-tailor it with your own stickers.

If I had my druthers, it'd be a coupon for a shirt at the store, but it's always a "10C item" and not a "Pearl Jam item."
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    Some of the Xmas/Annual singles have been 10", so I'm not sure that would work. The vinyl enthusiasts have brought up the idea of a slipmat several times, to no avail.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Can always leave those two out of the box.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Good idea..but..we are talking something will cost alot and shipping will be expensive..so is like asking do something that will make for lose money..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Good idea but I hope they hav a charity option. I'm not a big fan of stickers, shirts, or luggage tags.

I would rather give something to charity that get something I'd never use.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Nah I'd rather have a 3rd shirt that tells people that I'm Analog.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,340
    The box could be flat for shipping, and you put it together yourselves. There's gotta be systems like that out there. A singles box would be cool! Or hell yeah, a slipmat! I love my QOTSA slipmat.
  • tridenttrident MA Posts: 81
    What about a limited edition member only 25th anniversary pin or patch?
    So this life is sacrifice....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    How about anything that is actually branded Pearl Jam rather than 10C?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

The box could be flat for shipping, and you put it together yourselves. There's gotta be systems like that out there. A singles box would be cool! Or hell yeah, a slipmat! I love my QOTSA slipmat.

Exactly what I was thinking, Leeze! I'm sure the company that made the luggage tags (or similar company) could produce panels out of recyclable materials, either collapsible or interlocking but rigid enough that it won't fall apart once assembled.

Plus, enough people have expressed interest for a 7" box in the past that it could entice a few digital members to go analog = more $$ for 10C to work with.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    How about the 10/22/90 show on cd/vinyl?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......