Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• As long as we are talking about him... let's get a few things straight:

1. This guy is a worthless turd. He was a lower life form than a maggot.
    2. I'm really glad he's dead. He certainly deserved his fate.
    3. I'm interested to find out why he was motivated.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    How was he able to obtain the firearm?  Does Canada let people with mental health issues carry firearms?  Not up to date on Canadian gun laws.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    PJPOWER said:
    How was he able to obtain the firearm?  Does Canada let people with mental health issues carry firearms?  Not up to date on Canadian gun laws.

The gun came from the US, apparently.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    PJPOWER said:

So he crossed the border with it, or was sold it on the black market or?  Do you have a link for clarification?
  • PJPOWER said:

Yah. That's what I heard. It's simple enough to go south to Playland... buy a gun from virtually anywhere without any paperwork... and 'sneak' it back across the border.

The US problem is naturally going to spill over. Just like states that have tried to safeguard their citizens that are located next to states that are more concerned safeguarding the rights of Cletus to shoot shit.
    PJPOWER said:

The article posted by meltdown this morning included that information 
    PJPOWER said:

Yah. That's what I heard. It's simple enough to go south to Playland... buy a gun from virtually anywhere without any paperwork... and 'sneak' it back across the border.

The US problem is naturally going to spill over. Just like states that have tried to safeguard their citizens that are located next to states that are more concerned safeguarding the rights of Cletus to shoot shit.
    So they purchased illegally and illegally brought it to Canada?  That’s all you had to say.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Toronto wants to ban the sale of handguns within city limits ... What a bunch dummies politicians.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

So they purchased illegally and illegally brought it to Canada?  That’s all you had to say.

Correct.

From the buffet table of arms in the United States of America!
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

So he crossed the border with it, or was sold it on the black market or?  Do you have a link for clarification?
    Its suspected the hand gun was obtained from his brother who is affiliated with gangs...yup...sounds like a winner of a family.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    PM Fluff has/had no plan for the potential return if ISIS fighters.  The plan should have been to leave them dead on the battlefield.  A jelly fish has more spine than fluff.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Ontario demands $200-million from Ottawa to cover cost of resettling asylum seekers

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-ontario-demands-200-million-from-ottawa-to-cover-cost-of-resettling/ff
    If fluff doesn't pick up the tap ... then refuse them any government of ontario service.  They are economic illegal migrants.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Ontario demands $200-million from Ottawa to cover cost of resettling asylum seekers

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-ontario-demands-200-million-from-ottawa-to-cover-cost-of-resettling/ff
    If fluff doesn't pick up the tap ... then refuse them any government of ontario service.  They are economic illegal migrants.  

The link is broke, but I'd ask is that it? Just 200 million. Didn't Purple Socks give one returning ISIS fighter 10 million alone?

And he told everybody to relax and we'd be safe sooo... just relax. We're safe.
    Toronto wants to ban the sale of handguns within city limits ... What a bunch dummies politicians.  
    Oh come on, that would totally stop this person that obtained the handgun illegally and crossed the border with it illegally, lol
    Ontario demands $200-million from Ottawa to cover cost of resettling asylum seekers

The link is broke, but I'd ask is that it? Just 200 million. Didn't Purple Socks give one returning ISIS fighter 10 million alone?

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-ontario-demands-200-million-from-ottawa-to-cover-cost-of-resettling/

The 200 million is to cover the illegal border hoppers.  And I think the feds should pay.  Whats 200 million when fluff bought us a 4.5 billion pipeline that BC does not want running through their province.  
    Give Peas A Chance…

PJPOWER said:
    Oh come on, that would totally stop this person that obtained the handgun illegally and crossed the border with it illegally, lol
    Exactly.  Banning hand gun or the sale of hand guns does not address the illegal handgun problem.  Our hand gun laws in Canada are sufficient.  The restrictions and regulations involved in legally owning a hand gun and taking it to a range are vert strict.

The restricted firearm regulations.  What those donkey politicians are doing is playing on people's ignorance.

Restricted Firearms

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/restr-eng.htm
    Give Peas A Chance…

PJPOWER said:
    Exactly.  Banning hand gun or the sale of hand guns does not address the illegal handgun problem.  Our hand gun laws in Canada are sufficient.  The restrictions and regulations involved in legally owning a hand gun and taking it to a range are vert strict.

The restricted firearm regulations.  What those donkey politicians are doing is playing on people's ignorance.

Restricted Firearms

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/restr-eng.htm
    thats also the go to move of PM Fluff ... liberals like him take every opportunity to create more unnecessary regulations.  Just like that shooting in Saskatchewan.   Pm Fluff didn't like the outcome of  jury a trial so they are going about changing how juries are selected ... 
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Got to love this ... the illegal border hoppers that are being lodged in university dorms are going to be moved to hotels.  To bad the politicians did invest these kinds of resources into homeless vets and homeless people in general...maybe fluff should tell the illegal border hoppers that they are asking for to much...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Ontario demands $200-million from Ottawa to cover cost of resettling asylum seekers

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-ontario-demands-200-million-from-ottawa-to-cover-cost-of-resettling/

The 200 million is to cover the illegal border hoppers.  And I think the feds should pay.  Whats 200 million when fluff bought us a 4.5 billion pipeline that BC does not want running through their province.  

You switched gears on me. Your link was broke and I thought you were still going on about ISIS and the minor presence it has within our borders. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I personally feel more concern for asylum seekers escaping the threat of death in Nigeria than I do the majority of homeless Canadians, excluding the severely mentally ill. I of course think the homeless problem in Canada has to be dealt with, but I know that Ontario's and Canada's coffers aren't being totally drained by helping these Nigerian asylum seekers (so many of them with kids - lots of scared complete families involved here, which isn't the case with Canadian homeless generally). These are two different issues, one being dealt with right now because of the concentrated and time sensitive nature of it, and one being dealt with in many various ways over the long term and across the whole country, and not very well at all. I do think modular housing with social support services built in should be built for the homeless across the country. Some communities are now starting to do this, and it's working pretty well so far. Local and provincial governments must be the ones leading the way on it though. The Feds should contribute funds for it as necessary. They can do that and work to house asylum seekers at the same time. The problem with Canadian homeless is that SO many of them are addicts. That very much complicates the entire thing.

I do think Canadian vets should have a lot more funding though. They should have an extreme level of financial support as needed. Of course, the Conservatives did no better with that issue, so it's weird to me that some have just decided to be mad about it under the current government alone.

As for housing the asylum seekers... Yup, they need to be housed. There are a lot of them - 85% of them are Nigerians who escaped to save their and their family's lives, and they have essentially arrived at the Canadian border within a short period of time; turning them back into America is not a reasonable option IMO. I'm glad the government is housing them. Meanwhile, I think the government really needs to step up with finding permanent solutions for these folks (after security checks). Start a jobs campaign for them nation wide, in small towns too, and all the other cities across the country. Subsidize rental buildings to take them as renters without credit checks and whatnot. There are a lot of things provincial and federal governments can do to handle the situation and to help these poor people. And if people just want to leave them to suffer and die at the hands of religious extremists in Africa, look to the US. I thought they are supposed to be keeping these folks from entering the US in the first place. But they aren't, apparently .... the US seems pretty damn content with these anxiety-ridden human beings becoming Canada's problem, since they don't want them. Why isn't the US working with Canada to help solve this crisis? Oh yeah. Trump.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

It’s all we had to say, but why shouldn’t we say more? 

Fairly frequently, Americans on the AMT suggest that Canadians shouldn’t comment on threads that refer to American politics or gun violence. This is an instance where American politics and gun policy has affected Canadians, so I don’t see why we shouldn’t comment on that. 
    Faisal Hussain, gunman in Danforth shooting rampage, died of self-inflicted gunshot wound: police sourcehttps://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/faisal-hussain-gunman-in-danforth-shooting-rampage-died-of-self-inflicted-gunshot-wound-police-source-1.4761775?cmp=FB_Post

Too bad he didn't finish himself off first ... piece of shit terrorist.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    She isn't coming back': Community mourns loss of 2 young lives in Danforth shooting

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/julianna-kozis-reese-fallon-memorial-1.4761448

And some have life altering injuries thanks to this terrorist pos...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    edited July 2018
    CTV news in Toronto just reported the gun was actually stolen in a break-in in Saskatoon (shortly after the brother was arrested on drug charges).

And today there was another fatal shooting (possibly/likely part of the ongoing gang wars), and Richard Kachkar was given a conditional discharge.

edit for a stupid autofill/mistype.
    Post edited by DarthMaeglin on
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
    She isn't coming back': Community mourns loss of 2 young lives in Danforth shooting

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/julianna-kozis-reese-fallon-memorial-1.4761448

And some have life altering injuries thanks to this terrorist pos...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    CTV news in Toronto just reported the gun was actually stolen in a break-in in Saskatoon (shortly after the brother was arrested on drug charges).

And today there was another fatal shooting (possibly/likely part of the ongoing gang wars), and Richard Kachkar was given a conditional discharge.

Isn't his brother in a coma?  Does anyone know why?  Maybe he is in a mental health coma???
    Give Peas A Chance…

Isn't his brother in a coma?  Does anyone know why?  Maybe he is in a mental health coma???
    That’s one of the angles that isn’t being dug into, apparently. Police apparently found another gun in the family apartment, along with loads of ammunition.

Btw, your comment about a “mental health coma” is just lame. It borders on trollish, but I’m working my own way through mental health issues myself (with support) (just to explain my POV). I understand we’re all angry about this event, but we need to remain rational if we ever want to arrive at the truth, in my opinion.

That’s one of the angles that isn’t being dug into, apparently. Police apparently found another gun in the family apartment, along with loads of ammunition.

Btw, your comment about a “mental health coma” is just lame. It borders on trollish, but I’m working my own way through mental health issues myself (with support) (just to explain my POV). I understand we’re all angry about this event, but we need to remain rational if we ever want to arrive at the truth, in my opinion.
    The comment is more than just “bordering on trolling”; it’s insulting to the many people who struggle with mental illness, it’s senseless, and it’s indefensible. I hope your hard work is bringing you some relief, DarthMaeglin. 

The comment is more than just “bordering on trolling”; it’s insulting to the many people who struggle with mental illness, it’s senseless, and it’s indefensible. I hope your hard work is bringing you some relief, DarthMaeglin. 
    Thanks, I appreciate that. It’s a process, to be sure.

I’m actually reading on the Toronto Sun that the brother’s coma was caused by an overdose of a mixture of heroin and cocaine.