2016 U.S. Dates

124»

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    JimmyV said:

The Wrigley experience soured me on hotels that aren't walking distance to the venue. If I'm travelling to a show I'm staying within a mile radius of the venue from now on.

especially when the show is in another country and u dont know the language!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    edited October 2015
    JimmyV said:

The Wrigley experience soured me on hotels that aren't walking distance to the venue. If I'm travelling to a show I'm staying within a mile radius of the venue from now on.

For the Wrigley show I stayed at the Days Inn Chicago, which according to Google Maps is 1.2 miles from the venue. I have to stay after standing in line for 2 days @ 6 hours each day in the merch lines that 1.2 mile walk was just about my limit so I definitely agree with your assessment.
    Post edited by 100 Pacer on
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    JimmyV said:

It felt like we were walking in the desert... for hours... with no end in sight... I was seeing fucking mirages
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    That walk was definitley crazy :lol: The whole area was full of all shades of drag queens! I felt bad for the people who had to walk their kids home afterwards. Not the best area to walk around in past midnight.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

That walk was definitley crazy :lol: The whole area was full of all shades of drag queens! I felt bad for the people who had to walk their kids home afterwards. Not the best area to walk around in past midnight.

Luckily we didn't go through the drag queens... I forgot about those stories!
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    my2hands said:

I'm confused. ...what's wrong with drag queens?
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873

my2hands said:

I'm confused. ...what's wrong with drag queens?
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Think there will be 2nd and even 3rd leg? What month were the rumors for the Seattle shows, november?