Options

2016 U.S. Dates

Comments

• Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    Hello Atlanta, Nashville, NYC and Quebec!! Hey, a guy can dream can't he? Well, that's the grand plan anyway.
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    There is no way in hell these dates are correct. The planets will have to be in perfect allignment. Just too good to be true for my location. If they are correct,i will be in the lottery for the entire south.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

All fake

It would be the greatest troll I've ever seen!
    And all it would take was one person writing a list of cities!

Edit- I just think that the band members would know if they were about to announce a huge tour, and if Jeff knew nothing and said not to get your hopes up like a week ago to someone outside a coffee shop in WY, there's not much chance
    Counter point, I doubt anyone in the band would rattle off some dates to anyone that came up to them prior to it being announced. Not saying it is true or not, I'd be surprised if they announced a spring tour this far out as well.
    Yep, I agree. Just think that Jeff woulda said something more like "well we've just started talking about some action down the road" or something. Instead he said they hadn't even talked. Of course he wouldn't rattle off dates or cities. Also in mike's interview recently he also said they hadn't even talked about anything yet tells me that we're all a bit premature on the hype.

Before anything begins to be discussed, the guys surely are informed or talking at least.
    Yeah thought same thing.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    on2legs said:

FrankieG said:

my2hands said:

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/247162/2016-pj25-tour-rumors#latest

come join the madness... and don't forget to book your hotels!

Barely beat you to it lol
    Are people really booking hotels based on these rumors?! :confused:
    Booked for Nashville in case it pans out. :smiley:
    No need for me to book. I live literally down the street from Bridgestone Arena.
  • Options
    vinnmann11vinnmann11 Posts: 65
    edited October 2015
    April 9 has been confirmed with the AA Arena in Miami. April 11 in Tampa is also confirmed with the Amalie Arena. Source indicated that he saw an onsale date of October 30. He clearly stated that he was not sure what onsale meant as many other events have weeks of presales. If he is correct, we should hear something official from 10c this week. Living in Orlando, the only way this could be better is if they added a show in Orlando on their way from Tampa to Jacksonville (if Jax if also real).

I'll start early: If anyone has a spare GA for MIA, FLL, TPA, or JAX, let me know!
    Post edited by vinnmann11 on
    Pre-1013...Married to a buzzkill...
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Dallas 2013
    Oklahoma City 2013
    St. Paul 2014
    Milwaukee 2014
    Denver 2014
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715

April 9 has been confirmed with the AA Arena in Miami. April 11 in Tampa is also confirmed with the Amalie Arena. Source indicated that he saw an onsale date of October 30. He clearly stated that he was not sure what onsale meant as many other events have weeks of presales. If he is correct, we should hear something official from 10c this week. Living in Orlando, the only way this could be better is if they added a show in Orlando on their way from Tampa to Jacksonville (if Jax if also real).

I'll start early: If anyone has a spare GA for MIA, FLL, TPA, or JAX, let me know!

So in the span of 10 days they will announce a tour, have the lottery, notify winners, and then go on public sale. Yeah not going to happen.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    KC138045 said:

So in the span of 10 days they will announce a tour, have the lottery, notify winners, and then go on public sale. Yeah not going to happen.
    That's how it usually happens. They won't want to publicly announce a tour and not have the tickets go on sale for another month. The TC lottery is usually about a week (let's say announcement on Wednesday and lottery draw the following Wednesday) and then the public sale is the Saturday after the lottery draw.
  • Options
    KC138045 said:

If you would read, I wrote "He clearly stated that he was not sure what onsale meant as many other events have weeks of presales." Perhaps the 10c tix lottery will start in 10 days. Perhaps Suite holders with first right of refusal (which never go to 10c or ticketmaster) will be notified. I don't know and never claimed to. Either way, I will be in Miami on April 9 and Tampa on April 11. If FLL and JAX are true, I will be there as well.
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Dallas 2013
    Oklahoma City 2013
    St. Paul 2014
    Milwaukee 2014
    Denver 2014
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    So you guys are all jumped up on having a place to stay, but no tickets? That seems backwards to me.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    joseph33 said:

on2legs said:

FrankieG said:

my2hands said:

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/247162/2016-pj25-tour-rumors#latest

come join the madness... and don't forget to book your hotels!

Barely beat you to it lol
    Are people really booking hotels based on these rumors?! :confused:
    Booked for Nashville in case it pans out. :smiley:
    No need for me to book. I live literally down the street from Bridgestone Arena.
    Are you taking reservations?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Public sale tickets go on sale on TM on either day before or on Halloween is my guess. I think a TC announcement will be coming tomorrow.

Then bam! Gotta get your picks in for the lottery in the next week.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    YLed2 said:

Public sale tickets go on sale on TM on either day before or on Halloween is my guess. I think a TC announcement will be coming tomorrow.

Why do you think it will be announced tomorrow? Isn't there usually a post or a tweet, that says something like "Stay tuned"
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089

YLed2 said:

Why do you think it will be announced tomorrow? Isn't there usually a post or a tweet, that says something like "Stay tuned"
    Probably based on that rumoured October 30 onsale date. The Ten Club lottery window should be about a week long and would have to close before the public on sale. That doesn't leave much time.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668

So you guys are all jumped up on having a place to stay, but no tickets? That seems backwards to me.

Doesn't cost anything to make a fully cancellable hotel reservation except for 3 minutes on the hotel's website.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427

Yes. It would be much better to wait until the tour is announced and the price of rooms sky rockets.

I will also wait until the sale on toilet paper is over and the price goes back up before I buy.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    vinnmann11vinnmann11 Posts: 65
    edited October 2015

It makes perfect sense to me. When hotels closest to the venue sees an event become scheduled, they raise the rates. As I tend have few beers at the show, I want to walk to the venue or at least have access to public transport that I can't screw up when not sober. I've booked hotels for the 4 shows I want to see. If I don't go, I cancel the night before with no penalty. Just be sure not to book a non-refundable rate this far out.

Also to be very clear, I am not sure what on sale on October 30 means. However, based on experience, I can pretty much be sure we won't be seeing it on TM on the 30th. When he said on sale on the 30th, I did a double take and asked 'you mean Nov 30; correct?' and I was told 'no Oct 30, but I'm not really sure what that means'. I will say again, MIA & TPA I know are for real, but the actual 10c tix lottery & general sale dates are unsure.
    Post edited by vinnmann11 on
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Dallas 2013
    Oklahoma City 2013
    St. Paul 2014
    Milwaukee 2014
    Denver 2014
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,574
    10/30 wouldn't surprise me. That's plenty of time to do a week long lottery and seems pretty similar to the last two US tours.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

why?
  • Options
    I'll get into the shows I have rooms for. It's not 10C or bust so why not?
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:

10/30 wouldn't surprise me. That's plenty of time to do a week long lottery and seems pretty similar to the last two US tours.

Hopefully an official announcement in the next couple of days, a week to get in 10c lottery, and then general sale. This just popped into my head...couldn't they go on sale to the public the same day 10c lottery opens? I'm guessing they could have certain sections that will go to 10c members blocked from general sale. Not saying it is a good idea as fans would buy from general sale to be sure they get in the door and then a secondary market would open with 10c members that won unloading their other tix. When I went to CLT in 2013, I had 2 TM tix in my pocket when I picked up my 10c tix just to be sure I had good seats. I would rather be in the first row of the upper level than the last row of the floor. Again, I'm not saying it is a good idea, I'm just saying that with tix selling technology it is possible.

Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Dallas 2013
    Oklahoma City 2013
    St. Paul 2014
    Milwaukee 2014
    Denver 2014
  • Options
    I don't think that's a possibility and it would cause a riot here and a ton of people not renewing.
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    ckravitz said:

Doesn't cost anything to make a fully cancellable hotel reservation except for 3 minutes on the hotel's website.
    This guy gets it.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    edited October 2015

I get tickets to shows I want to go to and never have had to pay more than $200. It is not difficult to get tickets to a 20,000 seat arena show.

That said, I am someone who likes a good seat but is okay just being in the building so have had my fair share of behind the stage seats and wings all the way opposite the stage.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990

I get tickets to shows I want to go to and never have had to pay more than $200. It is not difficult to get tickets to a 20,000 seat arena show.
    It's not difficult to get a hotel either.
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    CopperTom said:

It's not difficult to get a hotel either.
    Walking distance can be
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    Hopefully some midwest dates after Toronto.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Booking a hotel walking distance to the venue is a good decision about 30% of the time.

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    The Wrigley experience soured me on hotels that aren't walking distance to the venue. If I'm travelling to a show I'm staying within a mile radius of the venue from now on.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    JimmyV said:

The Wrigley experience soured me on hotels that aren't walking distance to the venue. If I'm travelling to a show I'm staying within a mile radius of the venue from now on.

well at least if this tour is april/may it wont be 99 degrees outside with a wind chill factor of 103
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

I can relate completely.
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Dallas 2013
    Oklahoma City 2013
    St. Paul 2014
    Milwaukee 2014
    Denver 2014