Comments

• Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    edited October 2015
    My favorite post EVER
    Post edited by cmalisze on
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Amazing story! So much love goes out to you! Hard to believe that he is only 6 years younger than me, I can't imagine having gone through so many surgeries and therapy at that young of an age; it is truly inspirational!

I know you don't want to overshare your videos so I will for you! I love this one of him singing Smile!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Gmqf2xTR0

Keep rocking!
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    stina1118stina1118 Illinois Posts: 151
    ehbacon said:

Amazing story! So much love goes out to you! Hard to believe that he is only 6 years younger than me, I can't imagine having gone through so many surgeries and therapy at that young of an age; it is truly inspirational!

I know you don't want to overshare your videos so I will for you! I love this one of him singing Smile!

Keep rocking!

Oh my god! I forgot about this one and it's one of my favorites!!!! Thank you so much for your support!!!
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Hey Christina, I don't think you guys got LBC in Milwaukee. Here's the version from ACL 1 from the same tour. They did something different with it and played it throughout the tour. I was floored when I heard it in Austin. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did! All you need is love :heart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afKIE6yL2aI

I showed him!!! I grabbed a video to show you, but I'm having a hard time uploading it at the moment. I'll update if I can get it working. You can see the wheels in his head turning, we both loved it thanks!
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    ehbacon said:

Keep rocking!

What an awesome video!! This made me smile. :smile::smile::smile:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    SD48277 said:

ehbacon said:

Keep rocking!

What an awesome video!! This made me smile. :smile::smile::smile:
    This whole thread does.

Looking forward to that video, Christina!
  • Options
    Here he is before bed tonight, checking out ACL version of love boat captain.

All of your kind words mean the world to us. It's been so amazing how you all have responded. We appreciate every comment. Joshua said to me earlier, "that's so exciting!"

https://youtu.be/-HKolBw4-a8
  • Options
    ^^^ I love it! Love to see the pure joy in his face and to see him rockin' out. :rock_on:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    He was so confused... He kept worrying it was going to end! He watched that clip like 5 times before falling asleep tonight.
  • Options
    Wow. Right around the :50 mark. I see what you meant about the wheels turning.

Beautiful.
  • Options
    I didn't get him when it first came on... He like froze and immediately knew it was different. His eyes got real wide and you could see he was studying every note. He has insanely good rhythm especially for a kid with poor fine motor skills! He truly is the Love Boat Captain.. That song is his anthem. Now, from my POV.. I used to love that song.. But Joshua has listened to is so many times, I can't listen to it for enjoyment anymore!!! lol But, luckily... Him overplaying songs has lead me to find some new favorites that I may not have before.
  • Options
    Hands down the best thread I've read on here.

Keep on rockin' Joshua.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    stina1118 said:

Here he is before bed tonight, checking out ACL version of love boat captain.

All of your kind words mean the world to us. It's been so amazing how you all have responded. We appreciate every comment. Joshua said to me earlier, "that's so exciting!"

https://youtu.be/-HKolBw4-a8

:clap::clap::clap: Ah, the look of pure joy on his face. So priceless!
  • Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    Love these videos! What a sweetheart. Christina, Joshua is totally the Love Boat Captain!
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    What a sweetie!!! Sending love and support to you and Joshua!
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990

What a sweetie!!! Sending love and support to you and Joshua!

• Options

Joshua is totally the Love Boat Captain!

Joshua-
    You are one of us. And you are the best of us! I was at the Milwaukee show last year too. Hope to see you at the concert the next time Pearl Jam comes to town. God bless you and your family.

Peace and love,
    Chris

p.s. You're a great singer! I'm going to think of you every time I hear Smile or LBC.
  • Options
    A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

That is what you all are! When I shared our story, I never expected all of this love and support. We've been so happy to read your encouraging posts and messages. I know my husband will be on here in the next few days to express his gratitude as well.

This week we got to see Joshua in what is called a Gait Trainer. Basically it will position and support him while he learns to walk. It will be a slow process, but the fact we are even here is amazing. He's been through so much from therapies to surgeries... And he's done it all with a smile. He will always continue to amaze me.

This picture says it all, he's so proud!! Thank you all again and I will continue to update his progress here in this thread. :)

• Options
    Awesome!!!!
  • Options

One more for you guys, this is one of the shots we got at MKE last year!
  • Options
    So cool!!! Here is hoping for another local show for Joshua!
  • Options
    IcurapsIcuraps IL Posts: 4
    My name is Josh, I am Joshua’s Dad. I very rarely post anything online but my wife and I have both been extremely overwhelmed and appreciative of all of the kind words and PJ goodies for Joshua.

Sometimes we can feel isolated because its is difficult to get out as a family when you have a child with special needs. It is easy to think your going at it alone sometimes and not realize how many good people are out there. I want to sincerely thank all of you for posts, comments, and words of encouragement.

To the people that sent Joshua some things, I can’t even begin to tell you how awestruck I was of your thoughtfulness of a child you have never met. Although he is awesome. We are so appreciative and want to say thank you. We have been trying to explain it to him and while I’m sure he doesn’t understand he did seem excited.

Sincerely
    Josh

And while I know they aren’t PJ lyrics, I’m sure you wouldn’t mind Uncle Neil’s words;

I feel your love
    I feel your strong love
    I feel the patience among conditional love
    I feel a strength
    I feel your faith in me
    I'll never let you down no matter what you do
    If you just walk with me and let me walk with you
    I'm on this journey I don't wanna walk alone

Walk with me
  • Options
    Josh, awesome first post!! Joshua is an amazing kid, who has the good fortune to have parents with excellent music taste. Thank YOU to you and your wife for sharing Joshua and your's story. He is a great reminder of the pure joy of listening to and being moved by music. Please continue to share videos or updates on Joshua's progress. You have a community of support here. This is definitely thread of the year. :heart:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    BRAIN0FJAYBRAIN0FJAY Charleston, WV Posts: 989
    Great post! I echo others when I say to Joshua, KEEP ON ROCKIN'!!!
    ...So much talk it makes no sense at all...
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    Icuraps said:

My name is Josh, I am Joshua’s Dad. I very rarely post anything online but my wife and I have both been extremely overwhelmed and appreciative of all of the kind words and PJ goodies for Joshua.

Sometimes we can feel isolated because its is difficult to get out as a family when you have a child with special needs. It is easy to think your going at it alone sometimes and not realize how many good people are out there. I want to sincerely thank all of you for posts, comments, and words of encouragement.

To the people that sent Joshua some things, I can’t even begin to tell you how awestruck I was of your thoughtfulness of a child you have never met. Although he is awesome. We are so appreciative and want to say thank you. We have been trying to explain it to him and while I’m sure he doesn’t understand he did seem excited.

Sincerely
    Josh

And while I know they aren’t PJ lyrics, I’m sure you wouldn’t mind Uncle Neil’s words;

I feel your love
    I feel your strong love
    I feel the patience among conditional love
    I feel a strength
    I feel your faith in me
    I'll never let you down no matter what you do
    If you just walk with me and let me walk with you
    I'm on this journey I don't wanna walk alone

Walk with me

No, thank you Josh
    -EV
  • Options
    I may not be actually walking with you and your beautiful family, but know that the good thoughts and energy from us are heartfelt - and hopefully, felt.

I think it is.

May Joshua continue to keep rocking in the free world. HIS world :)
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,474
    edited October 2015
    Thank you both for sharing Joshua's story. Pearl Jam is no stranger to kids with special needs, as they've played Neil Young's Bridge School Benefit Concert plenty of times over the years. Two years ago, Pearl Jam couldn't make it to Bridge, so some of the Bridge School kids came to their show instead, and this happened. One of the greatest concert moments I've ever witnessed. Mike McCready was even moved to tears after the song was over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYyOdGYS9sE
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    ^straight up awesomeness. These guys care about people and are not so full of themselves as rock stars. Keep it up guys!! :rock_on:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    EBowieEBowie Posts: 529
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful story. I can add it to the list of times that I have been completely, emotionally touched by the goodness that is Pearl Jam, both the band and the music, and how it speaks to us and touches us all here in this wonderful community of fans. I am so happy that your son finds the joy in Pearl Jam (not only does he show good taste, but it shows that he is smart as all hell to boot). Rock on!
  • Options

Thank you both for sharing Joshua's story. Pearl Jam is no stranger to kids with special needs, as they've played Neil Young's Bridge School Benefit Concert plenty of times over the years. Two years ago, Pearl Jam couldn't make it to Bridge, so some of the Bridge School kids came to their show instead, and this happened. One of the greatest concert moments I've ever witnessed. Mike McCready was even moved to tears after the song was over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYyOdGYS9sE

Thank you so much for sharing that video. That was so beautiful, I'm sobbing! Those are Joshua's peeps!!

I don't know what I loved more, the bands interaction with the kids, or watching those kids enjoy the heck out of the music. It was a beautiful moment and you were so lucky to experience that! I hope Joshua can have something similar some day. Taking him to bridge school show is definitely something we have considered for down the road. Thank you again, a great way to start my day!