Options

*Updated* Joshua - The Love Boat Captain

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    stina1118stina1118 Illinois Posts: 151
    edited September 2016
    Hey there!!

@FoxyRedLa I'm sorry!!! I must have posted in one of Toms threads and I should've posted here too!!

Wrigley was a little bit more challenging than philly because of the environment. However, Joshua did great. We had some moments (all of us lol) But we had a great time. I don't think Joshua was able to loosen up as much as before. But, it was really crowded in the Ada section. Everyone around us was amazing.

We had a day from hell, which included a pipe breaking in our house. So everything about the day was chaotic and rushed, but we made it. Haha

We've been in the process of selling our house. Our new home will be ready early November. We're super excited! So, needless to say, showings with dad at work and my two kids (monsters) we've been a little nutty.

Thank you so much for checking in with us. Sending love & good vibes. ❤️

Joshua's Wrigley Video:
    https://youtu.be/qAoAutdRZ64
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Thanks stina! Love your updates! Glad everyone is good! November will be here before you know it almost October already!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    This thread always makes me happy. :smile:

I hope all is well.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    eljuda170eljuda170 México Posts: 57
    He's a big warrior‼️ Thank's for sharing your amazing history, a big hug and Greetings from Mexico‼️‼️
  • Options
    I love when philly comes on. But if I'm being honest I've been emotional :lol: shocker so the last couple times it's come on 22 I've changed it I just know by the opener I don't even have to see the concert date.

Missing you guys and think about you often. I hope you guys are all moved in and happy and healthy! Not sure where you live. MI had a mini white out blizzard come thru with some wicked wind - hopefully that's not outside your window!

Xoxox
  • Options
    Nice bump, Foxy.

Hoping all is well with Joshua & Co.
    :smile:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    stina1118stina1118 Illinois Posts: 151
    HELLLO!!!

I am so glad you guys checked in on us!! xoxo Thank you!

Joshua will like to hear that in the morning. The timing couldn't be better. Poor kiddo has the flu and is pretty sick. He's had a high fever the last two days and has been fighting a bug for over a week now. So, he will like to hear that his friends checked in on him.

The end of 2016 was crazy, but worth it. We moved in a few weeks before Christmas and we're finally settled in. (For the most part) The house has been so much easier for accommodating Joshua at bath time and moving him around the house. We have everything we need for him on the main level and have the flexibility to accommodate him into adulthood. So we obviously feel blessed and happy to be settled here, knowing we can stay here for a long time.

Joshua has been having a tough few months. He will be turning 11 in April and he's starting to go through "pre-puberty" type emotions. Which we know can be hard enough, but even more frustrating when you can't quite communicate. He wants more control over his environment (well, music and food choices mainly) and has a hard time telling us. Which means we have become experts at decoding Joshua's demands. For example, it took me forever to realize that "Red Tats" was Yellow Ledbetter Auburn Hills 2006. Seriously? Anyone can figure that out let me know. haha

The demands are part of something else going on with him. He's thinking outside of routines, habits and expressing himself. We've also just seen a lot of differences in him since attending the shows this year. It completely 100% changed his life and did something incredible for him.

We talk about Eddie a lot. Well Joshua does. lol After school, he now tells the bus driver... "Itssss time for EDDIE" and "He plays music"

Joshua also likes to tell this joke about 100 times a day. (Ok, slightly exaggerated but not by much)
    "Knock knock"
    "Who's there?"
    "Eddie"
    "Eddie Who?"
    "Eddie sing to us, haha"

My favorite is some of his new PJ freestylin' he likes to do... Just watch the videos, you will never hear "You Are" the same way again. lol
    I also am attaching a video of one of his newest favorites. Bushleaguer. Yes. lol In the video he's sporting his froggy headphones looking all innocent, until he drops the "f' bomb. hahaha

He has been on a political streak since being obsessed with the 2003 bootlegs on You Tube. Chants like "USA, USA" and "Give the Choice to the People Mom" I have no idea if he even can grasp the political climate right now, but either way he's ready to march for something. haha

Thank you guys for thinking of us. It means so much. I've thought about writing an update on here and I just always think of it at the worst time. I hope all is well for you Foxy & SD. I always appreciate the hell out of you guys.

XOXO
    Christina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAclqYP2IV4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_IGkqdqyn8
  • Options
    Christina! :hug:

Thank you for the update. Glad to hear the move went well, and that (despite the recent illness) Joshua is doing well.

Love love LOVE the freestylin' Joshua! Both videos are fantastic.
    :rock_on:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    What a beautiful way to greet the week (and for your family to greet life).
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Thanks so much for the update and give the big man a hug for us!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    :rofl:

Hilarious!

Boy would we get along so well! That's how I listen PJ too can barley sit still ever - love love love!

Thanks for the updates - always sending good vibes!
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,184
    Thanks for the updates! I'm happy for you to all be in your new home which is more accommodating.
    It's so great to hear the impact to Joshua of the shows and experiences he had last year. Hopefully it continues to put a smile on your face as it did his, and does for us when we read of these updates.
    Until next time...
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Thank you for sharing!
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    Awesome update. Really good to see that you guys are settling into your new home comfortably. Every time the Philly shows come up on the radio it reminds me of the impact that it had on Joshua, and makes me think that he just gets ecstatic anytime that he gets to re-live that moment. Best wishes to the fam, and a speedy recovery for Joshua.
  • Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    edited August 2018
    Was just re-visiting the Wrigley bootlegs from 2016 and thought of the Love Boat Captain. Joshua - I hope that you and your family are well. Did you all get to Wrigley this year?