Options

So, for Lennon

hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
Between recent Imagine covers and the NY human(ity) peace sign, plus this date itself, I've had some of his lyrics in my head on this odd morning.

Love the common threads that bind these words and mindset, though written years apart.

Running everywhere at such a speed, till they find there's no need.

No longer riding on the merry-go-round...I just had to let it go.

Gotta wonder what might've been.

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    hedonist said:

Between recent Imagine covers and the NY human(ity) peace sign, plus this date itself, I've had some of his lyrics in my head on this odd morning.

Love the common threads that bind these words and mindset, though written years apart.

Running everywhere at such a speed, till they find there's no need.

No longer riding on the merry-go-round...I just had to let it go.

Gotta wonder what might've been.

Cool read in Esquire that attempts to "imagine" such a scenario: http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/a38603/john-lennon-at-75/
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Love how in the photo at the end of the Esquire article, John was the only one gazing off-camera.

And RK, some great quotes there.

Love this one - "I'm cynical about society, politics, newspapers, government. But I'm not cynical about life, love, goodness, death. That's why I really don't want to be labeled a cynic."
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Not sure if JL would still be alive today had he not been executed in 1980, but I think he would've enjoyed this time in his life immensely. Boy was he ever robbed. So were we.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self