Turntable Station

BRAIN0FJAYBRAIN0FJAY Charleston, WV Posts: 989
edited October 2015 in Musicians and Gearheads
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/linephono/turntable-station-audio-furniture-solution?ref=discovery

Stumbled on this earlier and had not seen this discussed around here...wondering what you folks think.
...So much talk it makes no sense at all...

Comments

• It's nice but very minimalistic. Caters to the new enthusiast which is cool!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I don't think it's very interesting, and it should have a shelf dedicated to a receiver instead of making you put your receiver on the shelf meant for LPs. It's like they expect most people to not even have a receiver, which is bizarre. I would not want this for that specific reason.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    That looks like it would be perfect for a headphones-only system. There's room for a headphone amp, turntable and a bunch of LPs. Look good to me.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dudeman said:

That looks like it would be perfect for a headphones-only system. There's room for a headphone amp, turntable and a bunch of LPs. Look good to me.

Or preamp only setup, which is how I roll. Kicked in for one. This is perfect for me.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    I'm cool with my ikea kallax setup

That one looks cool but expensive
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2

I'm cool with my ikea kallax setup

That one looks cool but expensive

Yeah, we moved over the summer, and Ikea stuff just doesn't survive moves all that well.

R.I.P., Expedit.

Hopefully, this thing has staying power.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    or you could pick up one of these for 20 bucks or so :)
    photo 3738s10131b_zpsneijcgvk.jpg

or you could pick up one of these for 20 bucks or so :)
    photo 3738s10131b_zpsneijcgvk.jpg

With all the money saved, you'd think one could spring for a hole saw.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Got my Line Phono last night. Wanted to send it back after assembling it (very easy assembly, btw) because it was ugly as fuck, but once I loaded it up with TT, preamp, records, etc., it looks great.

I'm happy with it, and it was packed like the "major award" in A Christmas Story. They weren't fucking around.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • BRAIN0FJAYBRAIN0FJAY Charleston, WV Posts: 989
    dankind said:

Got my Line Phono last night. Wanted to send it back after assembling it (very easy assembly, btw) because it was ugly as fuck, but once I loaded it up with TT, preamp, records, etc., it looks great.

I'm happy with it, and it was packed like the "major award" in A Christmas Story. They weren't fucking around.

I still haven't un...umm..."boxed" mine.

I am also trying to figure out what to build with the monstrosity of a shipping container once I unpack it.

Did you get natural or carbon?
    ...So much talk it makes no sense at all...

dankind said:

I still haven't un...umm..."boxed" mine.

I am also trying to figure out what to build with the monstrosity of a shipping container once I unpack it.

Did you get natural or carbon?
    Natural. Carbon looked nicer to me, but my wife is in charge of the aesthetics of the place.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Yeah, my Dad and I can build that in a weekend. I'd prefer something a bit wider. Toddlers like to pull on things.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    http://www.amazon.com/Salamander-A3-Archetype-3-0-Black/dp/B0006VPUHQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450194704&sr=8-1&keywords=salamander+3.0

I've always been a fan of the Salamander. This is a nice design and actually cheap for Salamander which is normally expensive. It's expandable and you can also get matching bookends if you put vinyls on the shelf.
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Salamander makes some world-class stuff. We have a hi-fi brick and mortar shop nearby and all of their showrooms are set up with Salamander.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV