Options

Iron Maiden announce "The Book Of Souls" US Tour Dates

TFlyerTFlyer DMV (dc,md,va) Posts: 881
edited October 2015 in Other Music
"IRON MAIDEN WILL OPEN THE BOOK OF SOULS WORLD TOUR IN FLORIDA, USA ON FEB 24 2016

Published: Oct 01, 2015

Maiden will open The Book Of Souls World Tour in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on 24 February 2016, playing nine shows in total, finishing up at The Forum, LA on April 15th.

The dates are:

FEB 24 - Ft Lauderdale, FLA - BB&T Center
FEB 26 - Tulsa, OK - BOK Center
FEB 28 - Las Vegas, NV - Mandalay Bay Events Center
MAR 30 - New York - Madison Square Garden
APR 05 - Detroit, MI - Palace Of Auburn Hills
APR 06 - Chicago, IL - United Center
APR 11 - Tacoma, WA - Tacoma Dome
APR 13 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
APR 15 - Los Angeles, CA - The Forum

Canadian fans please note that your dates will be announced very soon!

The Iron Maiden Fan Club presale starts on Tuesday October 6th, please visit the presale page for all the details. Tickets go on general sale on Saturday October 10th."

To me this seems like just a first leg. I seem to recall them mentioning returning back to the states towards the end of the tour. Anyways exciting news nonetheless and let's hope these arent the only dates....would be one of their shortest album supporting US tours :lol:
Post edited by TFlyer on

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    so the question is...with my son being in the IM fan club...do we do the presale on Tues and go to the only North East show announced and 'play with madness' in being there with the rest of the east coast or take our chances and wait for possibly another leg announced in maybe 2017?
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    ^ Go to the Garden. Rock out with the little guy. Have a blast.
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346

so the question is...with my son being in the IM fan club...do we do the presale on Tues and go to the only North East show announced and 'play with madness' in being there with the rest of the east coast or take our chances and wait for possibly another leg announced in maybe 2017?

Maiden at the Garden? There is only one answer.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    Why Chicago on a Wednesday, more dates please
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options

I went back and checked the original tour press release on their website for the 2016 tour and it says this

"Details of the precise schedule are currently being finalised and we will commence announcements of specific dates for the different territories in a few weeks’ time. However we can reveal that The Book Of Souls World Tour will open in the U.S.A in late February with Ed Force One flying in for three shows before, in early March, heading into Central America visiting MEXICO, followed by a much anticipated first ever concert in EL SALVADOR and a return to COSTA RICA. Ed Force One then proceeds into South America for concerts in ARGENTINA, CHILE and a number of shows in BRAZIL before flying back to the USA at the end of March for ten more cities covering the USA and, of course, CANADA in the first two weeks of April."

So it's your call but they WILL be announcing more US dates later on. That being said I made the trip from MD to NY to see them in MSG on the AMOLAD tour in '10. It was well worth the trip but very costly.
  • Options
    Just checked my son's school calendar and it's during his spring break. MSG here we come!
  • Options
    @elwayvedder will it be his first show?
  • Options
    TFlyer said:

@elwayvedder will it be his first show?

2nd. Saw them here in Camden a few years ago
  • Options
    ^Ah, nice one. They are one of the bands I've seen the most live. Always a fun show & Dickinson is an amazing frontman.
  • Options
    Yeah they put on quite a show. My only complaint is the set list is pretty much the same each night but I understand why. We got 5 months to learn the new cd lol
  • Options
    Yeah well when they go off those "classic songs" like they did on the AMOLAD tour and play only new stuff or other songs so called "fans" have been known to give them crap about it so they're sort of set in the same songs. Although the last tour they did they played some of the plder songs that aren't in the usual set list.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    Haven't seen Maiden for many years......looking forward to seeing them in L.A. on tax deadline day!
  • Options
    this is BS....sound familiar?
    pay $50 to be in the IM fan club and the presale tix were all upper level tix...
    meh, we will just wait until next year and see if they play Philly or Camden
  • Options

pay $50 to be in the IM fan club and the presale tix were all upper level tix...

oh, and their forum for me to complain is down...my face was ripped off LOL
  • Options

oh, and their forum for me to complain is down...my face was ripped off LOL

I don't even question why I cancelled my subscription to that fanclub years ago. The presale is usually a joke. The last tour it wasn't surprisingly...but the people on the forum an be such elitists. So much more than anyone I've ever come across on here. And if you cross the wrong person on there forget about it, they're all in their little "cliques" asif it was highschool or something and will all gang up on you. It's repulsive.

Shame about the tickets though, honestly I say go for them when they actually go on sale. Maiden shows usually don't sell out that fast so you should be able to grab better tickets than those.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Luckily I have a coworker who can get tickets from the B&BT Center to that first show in Fort Lauderdale. I haven't seen them since 87' or 88' Somewhere In Time Tour I think. My memory sucks but I remember my friends saying you aren't going to see them by yourself.....I sad....hell yeah. That was that scary but lots of fun was the show.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    from the IM forum and fanclub members complaints, it appears there was a bug/snafu with the sale for anyone trying for GA like I did. Apparently anyone trying for 2 GA or more at a time had none showing up. If you tried for 1, they would show up. So people bought 1, checked out and bought another.
    OH well. Just as well. Tix are like $160 a piece after fees. That's a big expense not counting gas to the train station (45 min away) then the train into NYC. Fingers crossed for more cities and dates in the future
  • Options
    Wow those prices are pretty ridiculous. I don't think I've ever paid over 100 to see them! Can't remember how much the fees were but it was nowhere near that! And this is coming from someone who has seen them on every tour since Brave New World :open_mouth:
  • Options
    going to have one disappointed 14 year old in about 10 min when he gets home. that's for sure
  • Options
    Buy him some trooper beer :rofl:
  • Options
    TFlyer said:

Buy him some trooper beer :rofl:

he has it already
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,892

from the IM forum and fanclub members complaints, it appears there was a bug/snafu with the sale for anyone trying for GA like I did. Apparently anyone trying for 2 GA or more at a time had none showing up. If you tried for 1, they would show up. So people bought 1, checked out and bought another.
    OH well. Just as well. Tix are like $160 a piece after fees. That's a big expense not counting gas to the train station (45 min away) then the train into NYC. Fingers crossed for more cities and dates in the future

What? That is for general admission? Guess I won't even try for Vegas. I hate that place anyway.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options

What? That is for general admission? Guess I won't even try for Vegas. I hate that place anyway.
    Vegas should be cheaper
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Wow! Inflation, man. When I got GA tickets from the Iron Maiden fan club for the "Somewhere Back in Time" show at Madison Square Garden a few years back, I could swear that they were only about $75. The rest of the seats (not fan club) were wicked expensive, though. I had a buddy up in the 300s who paid $150 via Ticketmaster pubic sale, I think.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Really? Hearing these ticket prices is crazy! When they play in MD or DC the most expensive tickets are always around $100 (for pit) and the rest of the tickets are reasonably priced! I guess it must be about what venue they play these days. Maiden England tour with Alice Cooper I know some of the in stadium seats at the venue I went to were only around $50 :open_mouth:
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    edited October 2015
    I haven't seen them since 1991 & again in 1992.

I'm glad they're playing Detroit. Why in the hell does it have to be at the Palace all the way up in BFE?

Fan club sale brought up GA Floor & row A, 1 section back from stage lower level. (Probably because it's at the Palace :minus_one: )
    Post edited by jason_94 on
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    So. No one else is going to these shows?
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    jason_94 said:

So. No one else is going to these shows?

not us sadly
  • Options
    They didn't announce anything close enough to me to make it worth spending that amount of money. Especially since I have seen them countless times already and normally they stop in the DMV area on their normal tours.