Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
edited November 2016 in A Moving Train
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/hillary-clinton-campaign-kevin-mccarthy-benghazi-214258

“Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable right? But we put together a Benghazi Special Committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping," McCarthy said. "Why? Cause she’s untrustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened had we not fought and made that happen.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/hillary-clinton-campaign-kevin-mccarthy-benghazi-214258#ixzz3nFALcOaO

A spinable screw up but a screw up nonetheless.
Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
Post edited by Gern Blansten on

Comments

• Options
    So they want to stop the investigation now? She placed classified documents on a unclassified system. That right there shows her arrogance that she thinks she can do whatever she wants. I work in the classified realm and if I did what she did I would have been fired, fined and possibly imprisoned,
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    You are confusing the fake storylines. The article is about the fake Benghazi outrage...your post seems to be about the fake email outrage.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Nice they finally admitted it. Now give me back my tax money.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options

You are confusing the fake storylines. The article is about the fake Benghazi outrage...your post seems to be about the fake email outrage.

There is no fake email outrage. She broke the law by having classified information on an unclassified server. It is pretty black and white.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122

There is no fake email outrage. She broke the law by having classified information on an unclassified server. It is pretty black and white.
    And that is when her numbers started to go down, not Benghazi.
  • Options

Do you have a link that backs this up? Surely if she broke the law you can give me something.

• Options
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/21/us-usa-election-clinton-emails-idUSKCN0QQ0BW20150821

The new stamps indicate that some of Clinton's emails from her time as the nation's most senior diplomat are filled with a type of information the U.S. government and the department's own regulations automatically deems classified from the get-go — regardless of whether it is already marked that way or not.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/25/us/politics/hillary-clinton-email-classified-information-inspector-general-intelligence-community.html?_r=0

But the inspectors general of the State Department and the nation’s intelligence agencies said the information they found was classified when it was sent and remains so now. Information is considered classified if its disclosure would likely harm national security, and such information can be sent or stored only on computer networks with special safeguards.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    http://freebeacon.com/politics/clinton-aide-shared-classified-information-with-foundation-email-shows/

A member of Hillary Clinton’s staff at the Department of State emailed classified information about the government in Congo to a staffer at the Clinton Foundation in 2012, according to a copy of the correspondence obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/08/us/politics/second-review-says-classified-information-was-in-hillary-clintons-email.html

A special intelligence review of two emails that Hillary Rodham Clinton received as secretary of state on her personal account — including one about North Korea’s nuclear weapons program — has endorsed a finding by the inspector general for the intelligence agencies that the emails contained highly classified information when Mrs. Clinton received them, senior intelligence officials said.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    Do you want more?
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
    who cares. it's not like she was leaking it. and yes, I'd say the same thing if it were a republican who did it.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    So she can do whatever she wants?
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options

Do you want more?

You haven't posted anything from an authority. Posting garbage from Freebeacon, opinion pieces, etc. It's your opinion that she broke the law. Until she is charged you have nothing to hang your hat on.

She hasn't done anything that Sec of States before her haven't done...including GOP SOSs

• Options

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/08/us/politics/second-review-says-classified-information-was-in-hillary-clintons-email.html

A special intelligence review of two emails that Hillary Rodham Clinton received as secretary of state on her personal account — including one about North Korea’s nuclear weapons program — has endorsed a finding by the inspector general for the intelligence agencies that the emails contained highly classified information when Mrs. Clinton received them, senior intelligence officials said.

“Classification is rarely a black and white question, and it is common for the State Department to engage internally and with our interagency partners to arrive at the appropriate decision,” he said in a statement. “Very often both the State Department and the intelligence community acquire information on the same matter through separate channels. Thus, there can be two or more separate reports and not all of them based on classified means. At this time, any conclusion about the classification of the documents in question would be premature.”

• Options
    I trust the IC rather than a bunch of political appointees
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820

So she can do whatever she wants?

um, obviously not.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122

Do you want more?

You haven't posted anything from an authority. Posting garbage from Freebeacon, opinion pieces, etc. It's your opinion that she broke the law. Until she is charged you have nothing to hang your hat on.

She hasn't done anything that Sec of States before her haven't done...including GOP SOSs
    It's hard to tell with the lack of transparency. She had more then ample time to delete anything truly damning.
  • Options
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/798

18 U.S. Code § 798 - Disclosure of classified information

Whoever knowingly and willfully communicates, furnishes, transmits, or otherwise makes available to an unauthorized person, or publishes, or uses in any manner prejudicial to the safety or interest of the United States or for the benefit of any foreign government to the detriment of the United States any classified information—
    (1) concerning the nature, preparation, or use of any code, cipher, or cryptographic system of the United States or any foreign government; or
    (2) concerning the design, construction, use, maintenance, or repair of any device, apparatus, or appliance used or prepared or planned for use by the United States or any foreign government for cryptographic or communication intelligence purposes; or
    (3) concerning the communication intelligence activities of the United States or any foreign government; or
    (4) obtained by the processes of communication intelligence from the communications of any foreign government, knowing the same to have been obtained by such processes—
    Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

Using an unclass server to transmit a classified document seems to fit in here.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    edited September 2015

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/798

18 U.S. Code § 798 - Disclosure of classified information

Whoever knowingly and willfully communicates, furnishes, transmits, or otherwise makes available to an unauthorized person, or publishes, or uses in any manner prejudicial to the safety or interest of the United States or for the benefit of any foreign government to the detriment of the United States any classified information—
    (1) concerning the nature, preparation, or use of any code, cipher, or cryptographic system of the United States or any foreign government; or
    (2) concerning the design, construction, use, maintenance, or repair of any device, apparatus, or appliance used or prepared or planned for use by the United States or any foreign government for cryptographic or communication intelligence purposes; or
    (3) concerning the communication intelligence activities of the United States or any foreign government; or
    (4) obtained by the processes of communication intelligence from the communications of any foreign government, knowing the same to have been obtained by such processes—
    Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

Using an unclass server to transmit a classified document seems to fit in here.

So if she has then she'll be charged right? TIme will tell.

As of now there are no charges and most if not all of the outrage is over emails that were deemed to be classified after the fact.

Edit: "Knowingly" being the key word. If you don't know it is classified when received then it's pretty obvious that it isn't criminal.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Kat said:

Yep. All waste for political gain.

Bengazi BengAzi Bengazi.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,154
    Kat said:

i demand an investigation and the confiscation of the emails and servers of the people on the benghazi committee. you know they had to have discussed strategy and how they were going to bring clinton down in purely political witch hunt. actually, demand is not a strong enough word for how much i believe that that much is owed to the american people.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/hillary-clinton-campaign-kevin-mccarthy-benghazi-214258

“Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable right? But we put together a Benghazi Special Committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping," McCarthy said. "Why? Cause she’s untrustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened had we not fought and made that happen.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/hillary-clinton-campaign-kevin-mccarthy-benghazi-214258#ixzz3nFALcOaO

A spinable screw up but a screw up nonetheless.

if anything warrants an investigation, it is this. i am emailing my senator and representative tonight.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options

what does this have to do with benghazi?

what does it have to do with the 4 victims and their families?

you know, those are the things this committee is supposed to be investigating, right? and they have found nothing amiss, right?

this is just whitewater all over again.

i am going to laugh my ass off if all this wasted time and money and political character assassination leads to the conclusion that bill got another bj.

• Options
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/283720750/Read-letter-from-Democrats-on-Benghazi-panel

This tells you all you need to know about Benghazi.

The Democrats on the committee want to make this persons testimony public...the GOP wants to keep it classified to act like something is there.

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Oh that's hilarious...like a skit from a comedy show. Republican staff emailed a copy of the so-called classified transcript to Democratic staff on an unclassified email system which is exactly what they are accusing Hillary of doing? Egads, stop the insanity.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat said:

Oh that's hilarious...like a skit from a comedy show. Republican staff emailed a copy of the so-called classified transcript to Democratic staff on an unclassified email system which is exactly what they are accusing Hillary of doing? Egads, stop the insanity.

Poetic justice.

• Options
    she should oppose that piece of crap trade deal. it is going to hurt american workers and it is going to hurt the middle class.

i love how bernie sanders is pulling hillary to the left. sanders has long opposed the TPP.

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

who cares. it's not like she was leaking it. and yes, I'd say the same thing if it were a republican who did it.

matters not ....both parties are corrupt and sneaky.

Godfather.

This discussion has been closed.