People Who Do Collect Merch

2»

Comments

• PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Pffftttt. No falla sheep??? :grimacing:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • pdalowsky said:

very nicely presented
    Thanks Paul!
    scurtis said:

Those Avacado socks look familiar... ;)
    They look good next to the rest of them ri
    PP193448 said:

Pffftttt. No falla sheep??? :grimacing:
    I know right?!?

• ZodZod Posts: 9,946
    scurtis said:

Personally... I'm a vinyl and a poster guy. Like to grab the odd sticker or pick when I can.

Love collecting, still love the band too.

That's where I'm at. Poster for every show I go to, and anything they put out on Vinyl. There's the odd other thing, but the posters/vinyl (and I suppose cd's) is the bulk of my collection.
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    wowzers .... nice collection Christopher!

The PJ20 beer bottle will always be a great piece imo.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited September 2015
    Really vinyl only for me. As Zod said, once in a while I'll grab some random thing that especially appeals to me - for instance, I have around 6 posters that I picked up because I really liked them (and someday I might even be able to scape up the money to have them framed, which is absolutely the plan every time I get one of them... this is always a weight on my shoulders, lol). But yeah, vinyl is my bag.... and really only LPs. I usually get the new singles that 10C releases too (and the xmas singles), but I have given them all away (and traded Sevens for a Cincy '03 poster); the 7" and 10" never seem to stay with me very long, so I haven't bothered to collect any of the singles from the past. That said, sometimes I kind of wish I still had those singles that passed through my home, for no good reason at all. I don't tend to play them (and I don't have vinyl that I don't play). Perhaps I should grab two of each 7" from now on.... but that would probably be a waste of money.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    edited September 2015
    i REALLY like stickers and pins. They are little, they are affordable, they are awesomely designed (usually) and I give zero fucks what anyone thinks or has to say about it. I have a display plan in mind but have not executed it yet. I'm going to put them all in a frame but I haven't got duplicates of every sticker from shows I attended so I don't know if I want to do two frames - one for the whole collection, and one for just the shows I went to - or what exactly. But they will be framed one way or another. The pins I figure I'll put in a jewelry display once I get around to it.

I got into a poster habit but just yesterday I've begun a transaction for the last poster I was really looking for - now I've got my collections "complete" I think. I picked up frames on sale from Michael's and I plan on asking a friend to help me frame them for now, then I'm going to the frame shop that just opened up in my 'hood and seeing what their pricing is like. I'm not stressing the framing because I'm having the place painted eventually so nothing is going to be hung before then anyway. I don't have posters from every sing show I've been to. There's two (ChristChurch 09 and Sydney 14 and now Central Park 15) that I was at and really love the artwork for. The other ones I have (Spawn and Adelaide 09) are just really cool artwork, or (Leeds 14) decent artwork but a meaningful show. I bought a portfolio off Amazon which I consider to be acceptable for display of the other posters I have but don't really want to frame (Auckland 09, EV Hawaii, Vienna 14). There's only two more posters I would really like to own - but neither of them is realistic. The Wrigley Crackerjack and the Atlanta 12 are both shows I was at which I like the artwork for - but they are both over $100 and hard to come by. So I'm not chasing them down, but I do enter raffles sometimes in the hopes I could get them.

I don't collect vinyl. I have a couple CDs. I mostly listen to music digitally because that's just how I roll. So if you want to count files, then yea I've got a crazy hoard. The only thing I really collected which I shouldn't have is the T shirts. I had one from every year but I gave away most of them because I never wore them. The quality has just been absolute shit and I guess I'm really picky about the type of materials I wear. The last one I reeeeeally liked was from the BDOs last year and that shit got washed like 5 times and now it's too see through to wear without something underneath it. So I have to control myself with the clothing.

I have a couple purchases of opportunity too. In Berlin I was freezing my ass off so I bought an overprice hoodie. In Australia my head was getting sunburned so I bought a hat. I don't know that I consider either of those items part of my collection.
    Post edited by ldent42 on
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Speaking of vinyl collections... the last studio album I need is on my doorstep. Can't wait to get home and take her for a spin!

Now I just "need" an Angel test pressing and a Soldier Field...
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Speaking of vinyl collections... the last studio album I need is on my doorstep. Can't wait to get home and take her for a spin!

And where exactly is this doorstep? And do you have a guard dog?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    dankind said:

And where exactly is this doorstep? And do you have a guard dog?
    :giggle:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435