FLIPPERS ON EBAY

Longest RoadLongest Road Posts: 264
edited September 2015 in The Porch
Good evening folks, getting ready for the big show. That being said, there are over 15 posters for this weekends show being flipped on eBay. Some go as high as $1000.00. I wonder how they got out there (Volcom). All these flippers are profiting off of US, the fans. I am so sick of this S):T. Every time they play NY, every scumbag scalper comes crawling out of the sewer to F us all by denying certain people the opportunity to get a cool souvenir from a cool show. So, to solve, or al least create a huge pain in the A for the scalpers, let's all do this....search eBay for the NYC posters (VERY easy to find), and INNUNDATE their eBay inbox with mucho crap. Or, we could all do what we say we want to do, AND DON'T BUY FROM SCALPERS. Everyone who buys from flippers is only supporting their ill gotten "hobby". Stick them with the stuff the bought. Have a good night folks. B
I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room.
Post edited by Longest Road on

Comments

• Make a fake ebay account. Bid that shizznit up to 10k. Don't buy it.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    The ONLY people to blame are the people buying them for dumb prices, and there is no way to harass them via email, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    edited September 2015
    People need to get a grip. Watch some footage of Syrian refugees, heed the words of the Pope, whatever moves you and brings you back to the realization that it's about music and emotion, not posters and stickers. It's just stuff.

Travelling to a city like NY or The Chi just to stand in line at a store for hours?

Yeezus!
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

People need to get a grip. Watch some footage of Syrian refugees, heed the words of the Pope, whatever moves you and brings you back to the realization that it's about music and emotion, not posters and stickers. It's just stuff.

Travelling to a city like NY or The Chi just to stand in line at a store for hours?

Yeezus!

All great thoughts, somewhat undermined by the avatar that says "Please Open The Vault" :lol:
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

All great thoughts, somewhat undermined by the avatar that says "Please Open The Vault" :lol:

All about the music. Have every show that's ever been recorded and shared, whether official or by a fan on a walkman, all on CDs in simple white sleeves. The more music they release, the better, IMO. But this merch hysteria is out of control. I don't understand it.

Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I totally agree, the music has been overshadowed by an fing poster or a button. Enough, I will come for the music, not the merch line!
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,582
    Wait, Pearl Jam is actually playing a show? I thought all this was just a ruse to sell posters, hats, and tshirts.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Flippers will be a flippin..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,646

All about the music. Have every show that's ever been recorded and shared, whether official or by a fan on a walkman, all on CDs in simple white sleeves. The more music they release, the better, IMO. But this merch hysteria is out of control. I don't understand it.

Me too. But also saved on Data DVDr's. Hard Drives. Backed up on 2nd HD's. Will be starting the insane task on backing them all on 50gig Data Blu-ray Double Layer BD-R's. And then whatever new format to come. Yippy!!!

Wish someone in the 10club was able to release more Pearl Jam music in the store. The one one Vault per year is weak. At least release a Vault show quarterly every year. Don't worry about the vinyl delay. Just release more official live music fan's would drool all over for.

• demetrios said:

Me too. But also saved on Data DVDr's. Hard Drives. Backed up on 2nd HD's. Will be starting the insane task on backing them all on 50gig Data Blu-ray Double Layer BD-R's. And then whatever new format to come. Yippy!!!

Wish someone in the 10club was able to release more Pearl Jam music in the store. The one one Vault per year is weak. At least release a Vault show quarterly every year. Don't worry about the vinyl delay. Just release more official live music fan's would drool all over for.

^yes, this!!! More music!!!

Now back to the flippers...
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,133
    Classic Dimi! All time awesome post!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,634
    If no one bids the flippers take big losses. Dont bid. Thats the only way to battle flipping other than mass production
    edited September 2015
    demetrios said:

Agreed. Been saying it for years now...but start a subscription service. Commit to releasing a show a month or quarter in lossless digital and/or CD and you can have my credit card. Release vinyl if/when you want as an extra.

They can release 4 posters for a show and all this merch but only one vault show per year?
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
  • Who the hell cares
    We all walk the Long Road
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    still one of the funniest things I have ever seen on these boards.
    thanks for re-posting it.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    We r all flippers..the band being the biggest. I try to resist buying a lot of merchandise, but it ain't easy. Hopefully they dont make so much money from stuff, that it lessens the need to tour. Maybe 2016 will be about some shows and some new music.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Noload said:

We r all flippers..the band being the biggest. I try to resist buying a lot of merchandise, but it ain't easy. Hopefully they dont make so much money from stuff, that it lessens the need to tour. Maybe 2016 will be about some shows and some new music.

I think at this point, they don't need the money anymore. Their crew and staff probably do but they still play because we're lucky enough they all still like each other and will go on tour together. I'm sure the $$ bonus doesn't hurt.
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    For those of us who don't want to stand in line for hours, what alternative do we have? I'll pay an up charge to not have to deal with the chaos.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Breaking News:
    Pope just remarked: "It would be easier for a camel to fit thru the eye of a needle, than for a Flipper to get into Heaven."

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

For those of us who don't want to stand in line for hours, what alternative do we have? I'll pay an up charge to not have to deal with the chaos.

Wait for them to be available in the shop/goods section of PearlJam.com. And then be fast!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

Wait for them to be available in the shop/goods section of PearlJam.com. And then be fast!
    Or realize that it's just stuff and doesnt (shouldn't) make the show you went to any less amazing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not the Dalai Lama or anything. I've been a victim of that desire too, but once I realized that I'm actually relieved when a poster is ugly b/c I dont have to spend the energy or money trying to get it, I had to take a step back and question the whole thing.
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,623

start a subscription service. Commit to releasing a show a month or quarter in lossless digital and/or CD and you can have my credit card. Release vinyl if/when you want as an extra.

This would be awesome.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

edited September 2015

I totally agree, the music has been overshadowed by an fing poster or a button. Enough, I will come for the music, not the merch line!

What do you mean overshadowed? How does other people standing in merch lines overshadow the music for you?
    For some people, it seems like the merch ADDS to their enjoyment of the music IMO. I'm not one of those people, but I don't see why those who are can't enjoy merch and the music at the same time. There is room for both I'm sure.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,133
    It may be a preoccupation on the forums this week, but not for all fans. I have met huge Pearl Jam fans who don't give a shit about merch, vinyl, or these forums. So, maybe the discussion overshadowed regular chatter on this forum, it certainly doesn't overshadow the overall music and all fan's enjoyment of it (merch or not).
    www.cluthelee.com

It may be a preoccupation on the forums this week, but not for all fans. I have met huge Pearl Jam fans who don't give a shit about merch, vinyl, or these forums. So, maybe the discussion overshadowed regular chatter on this forum, it certainly doesn't overshadow the overall music and all fan's enjoyment of it (merch or not).

Agreed.
    I do think it's fun to talk about the merch, and I enjoy seeing people go nuts over it, lol. But it's nothing compared to the music (and the PJ vinyl IS the music, so in that way, since vinyl is mostly the only merch I buy, it truly compliments and highlights the music and my enjoyment of it rather than overshadow it). As for dog collars and mugs?.... It's fun for people (even just the voyeurs, haha), and fun is never bad.
  • PJ_Soul said:

I totally agree, the music has been overshadowed by an fing poster or a button. Enough, I will come for the music, not the merch line!

What do you mean overshadowed? How does other people standing in merch lines overshadow the music for you?
    For some people, it seems like the merch ADDS to their enjoyment of the music IMO. I'm not one of those people, but I don't see why those who are can't enjoy merch and the music at the same time. There is room for both I'm sure.
    Sure, some people want a souvenir from an epic show, myself included. That being said, do you want to pay $450.00 for a poster???? I think not. So yes, in a way it does in some cases overshadow the purity of the music. I have seen hundreds of people at merch booths pushing and shoving for a pin, while the band is BUSTING THEIR ASS for us. I own a record store, and have always found the purity of music critical in my life. No poster has ever saved my life or helped me deal with hard times, but the music sure has cured me. That being said, my beef is with the filthy cockroach flippers who hire kids to get in line at Volcom to scoop up what should truly go to die hard fans. So, if you wanna pay $500.00 for a poster, go for it, but I will ALWAYS have my memories, which are way more valuable than some piece of poster board.
    edited September 2015

PJ_Soul said:

Sure, some people want a souvenir from an epic show, myself included. That being said, do you want to pay $450.00 for a poster???? I think not. So yes, in a way it does in some cases overshadow the purity of the music. I have seen hundreds of people at merch booths pushing and shoving for a pin, while the band is BUSTING THEIR ASS for us. I own a record store, and have always found the purity of music critical in my life. No poster has ever saved my life or helped me deal with hard times, but the music sure has cured me. That being said, my beef is with the filthy cockroach flippers who hire kids to get in line at Volcom to scoop up what should truly go to die hard fans. So, if you wanna pay $500.00 for a poster, go for it, but I will ALWAYS have my memories, which are way more valuable than some piece of poster board.
    I just don't see how it overshadows anything. Why can't both happen at the same time without anything being overshadowed?? Why would purchasing a poster on ebay interfere with the music at all? I just don't agree that that is the case, at least not necessarily. And as someone who has spent $400 on a record and traded a sealed Sevens for a poster, I really can't be shocked about the kind of money people will spend on stuff they really want, lol (well, to a point... I am still reeling from how much the latest Reenk Roink went for, hahaha). Same with the folks in the merch lines. Aside from the flippers who aren't even fans, why can't fans spend 5 hours in a merch line up and get worked up about it (I wouldn't, but that's just me), and then also go into the venue and feel that with complete intensity as well? I know people who are massive fans, who feel the music as strongly as any person can, and also have unbelievable merch collections. I just think you're wrong in assuming there isn't room for both.

As for the comment about the band BUSTING THEIR ASS for us.... It's not like they're doing it for free. So how come the band's huge earnings from both ticket sales and merch sales aren't overshadowing the music for them??? Some people think it is, actually, much more so than merch could be overshadowing the music for the fans in your view. Some people have even walked away because they thought the band's sold out.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    dankind said:

Yeah I hear that, but I don't have the patience to sit around on the pearl jam site the day the posters are being released. I will only do that for show tickets. I'd rather just pay the extra $90 and be done with it. If someone is willing to stand in those lines for hours, they can have my $90.

I've already complained about supply/demand but the merch ppl should take pre-orders or have unlimited supply if they want "No Flippers!". That sticker on the back is amusing.

Anyone who pays $450 for a poster has some issues. The current NYC ones on ebay are around $120. That's not unreasonable if you consider the opportunity cost of your time / taking paid time off to go stand in a line.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    edited September 2015

dankind said:

Yeah I hear that, but I don't have the patience to sit around on the pearl jam site the day the posters are being released. I will only do that for show tickets. I'd rather just pay the extra $90 and be done with it. If someone is willing to stand in those lines for hours, they can have my $90.

I've already complained about supply/demand but the merch ppl should take pre-orders or have unlimited supply if they want "No Flippers!". That sticker on the back is amusing.

Anyone who pays $450 for a poster has some issues. The current NYC ones on ebay are around $120. That's not unreasonable if you consider the opportunity cost of your time / taking paid time off to go stand in a line.
    Totally agree. I wish 10C would do pre-orders for all members (not just for people with 10C tix, but with a quality limit on everything), and then just let people pick them up at the venue AFTER the show, using a voucher or whatever. It would be so easy, no massive lines or dealing with cash, no one would have to deal with a poster (or whatever) during the show.... it's really a no-brainer IMO. Why they don't want to do this is a real mystery to me.