Pearl Jam on The Late Show w/ Stephen Colbert.

I did my best hope everyone enjoys.

Talk
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-DU4YX-s-c

Mind Your Manners
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq5Bk_JytL4

Rockin in the Free World (Not recorded by me, i'm a dummy and thought it was over. Lol)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1K_LFVFKZKw

Enjoy Guys!!

Comments

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    That was awesome. Thank you!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • so awesome. love this band! thanks for posting!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    i havent watched yet. Hoping Colbert was better backup than Sleater Kinney
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Official vids in the existing Colbert thread...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • They will get taken off though so dont forget about mine. Totally thought they were done. Only Pearl Jam would have a encore on a talk show
  • They will get taken off though so dont forget about mine. Totally thought they were done. Only Pearl Jam would have a encore on a talk show

I thought the same thing!

Awesome thought!!!
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    please tell colbert to sit in his chair and let the talent do their thing and shut the f up. he absolutely sucks as a singer and really should stick to his humor . is he going to do this with every band?great version of mym . and great interview.
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Fantastic!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    foodboy said:

please tell colbert to sit in his chair and let the talent do their thing and shut the f up. he absolutely sucks as a singer and really should stick to his humor . is he going to do this with every band?great version of mym . and great interview.

I don't think he ruined anything.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    PJ_Soul said:

foodboy said:

I don't think he ruined anything.
    +1
    I think he added to it. He was downright giddy.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    edited September 2015
    I loved Colbert joining in. It made me laugh. You could tell the guys were loving it, too.
    Edit to add -- as someone who is just about done with RITFW as a closing song, this version revived my good feelings about it.
    Post edited by what dreams on
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    edited September 2015
    foodboy said:

DISAGREE!!!! Colbert contributed to the energy in RITFW. Before he gave them the green light to play the second song, Ed was explaining to him what would happen and when he would sing and what mic he would come to. Stephen had to confirm a few times that Ed meant HIS mic, he kept gesturing to it like he wasn't convinced and Ed kept nodding.

He had the look of pure joy on his face, not unlike the rest of our faces in the audience. He totally made that performance. Too bad you can't see that.
  • Suziemay said:

foodboy said:

DISAGREE!!!! Colbert contributed to the energy in RITFW. Before he gave them the green light to play the second song, Ed was explaining to him what would happen and when he would sing and what mic he would come to. Stephen had to confirm a few times that Ed meant HIS mic, he kept gesturing to it like he wasn't convinced and Ed kept nodding.

He had the look of pure joy on his face, not unlike the rest of our faces in the audience. He totally made that performance. Too bad you can't see that.
    I could totally see it -- and hear him at the end saying he never gets an opportunity like that, or whatever his exact words. I loved the whole thing.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    foodboy said:

Colbert absolutely added to the energy of the performance. This was PJs best tv performance in a long time. Loved every second of it...especially when Colbert jumped in.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    nice interview, great performance of MYM, nice encore!
  • Thanks for posting this!
  • cmm6734cmm6734 Houston, TX Posts: 569
    The energy in the room was insane. We demanded an encore and the boys had a team meeting and cake through. You can see the look of pure joy in Colbert's face. He "got it" after that performance. Shit, Ed jumped in the crowd during the performance. Who does that during a talk show?!? The boys were on fire last night, they were having a blast.
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    foodboy said:

Dude....
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Enjoyed it all so much! Many thanks for posting! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    Saltzy23 said:

foodboy said:

Dude....
    Double Dude
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    I really enjoyed seeing this, such a great performance !! It was also fun to see Colbert join in, looked like everyone was having a really great time :peace:
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Suziemay said:

foodboy said:

agree 100%. yea Colbert wasn't the greatest singer but his energy and pure joy was just awesome. I loved the performance more than Mind Your Manners.
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    sorry he still sucked.
  • DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    foodboy said:

jesus man..
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam