Options

2015 Pearl Jam Enamel Mug Set

Comments

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

what's the quality, will handle a regular use?
    never use a enamel mug before, so I am wondering...

Quality. Every day use the past year. Toddler proof.
    Toddler Proof? I doubt that. I've got a toddler and a kitchen with tiled floors. And I can't imagine anything made of any ceramic or glass coming into contact with those other two things and surviving in one piece.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,149
    Cool items
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    I had the 2014, they're great mugs, and cool if you're into the hand-made/artsy side of it.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141

what's the quality, will handle a regular use?
    never use a enamel mug before, so I am wondering...

Quality. Every day use the past year. Toddler proof.
    Toddler Proof? I doubt that. I've got a toddler and a kitchen with tiled floors. And I can't imagine anything made of any ceramic or glass coming into contact with those other two things and surviving in one piece.
    Yep, I'm lying for no particular reason.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,501
    kce8 said:

What? 75$ + International shipping? Hell

Had it in my cart but had to drop it because of the $31.99 international shipping. Speaking for myself, it's not the postage rate that kills it but the horrid exchange rate.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,996
    Last year's mugs were ugly...loving these this year. Gonna bite on them this time.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    evsgjamm said:

Big fan of enamel mugs. I'm a geologist and spent a few years prospecting at the Manitoba / Northwest Territories border and came across a camp site from the 50's - found a sweet old white enamel coffee mug and brought her home. Nothin beats enamel mugs in my opinion. Ya, you gotta be careful with em; but they're awesome as shit. Nostalgic as poo. and Cool as crap.

you said poo....hehehehehe
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    thanks for the feedback, will definitely use them with care and my little one will not get to close, hehehe
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227
    edited September 2015
    100 Pacer said:

kce8 said:

Had it in my cart but had to drop it because of the $31.99 international shipping. Speaking for myself, it's not the postage rate that kills it but the horrid exchange rate.
    No, its the exchange rate AND the shipping rate, cmon $32 to ship something that weighs maybe 2 pounds , no tracking and a month and a half shipping time to Canada when it takes me 2 and a half hours on a boat to get to Seattle. I mean even ebays dreaded global shipping program would almost be better.

They even jacked up the price over $5 for the single set compared to last time.
    Post edited by Horse2345 on
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,936
    Horse2345 said:

100 Pacer said:

kce8 said:

No, its the exchange rate AND the shipping rate, cmon $32 to ship something that weighs maybe 2 pounds , no tracking and a month and a half shipping time to Canada when it takes me 2 and a half hours on a boat to get to Seattle. I mean even ebays dreaded global shipping program would almost be better.

Yeah ruled me out. Unless they release some other merch that I like then I might be able to combine postage. The postage rates are crazy, same for the Ames Bros website too, must have the same awful shipping company.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,696
    Horse2345 said:

100 Pacer said:

kce8 said:

The last few 10club orders I placed have arrived pretty fast up here in Canada. It would be great though to receive a tracking # on this combo that included a $31.99 postage rate. Wish it wasn't that hard to ask. A tracking # where I can track my Pearl Jam goodies. That's all I'm asking, now that Canada Post has stopped door to door mail delivery service as of July.
  • Options
    weebleweeble Bristol, England Posts: 133
    edited September 2015
    CopperTom said:

Are enamel mugs dishwasher safe?

Haha. Rock n Roll!!! :)

I love these enamel mugs though, I need more! :)
    Post edited by weeble on
    This might pass, this might last, this may grow
  • Options
    evsgjamm said:

Big fan of enamel mugs. I'm a geologist and spent a few years prospecting at the Manitoba / Northwest Territories border and came across a camp site from the 50's - found a sweet old white enamel coffee mug and brought her home. Nothin beats enamel mugs in my opinion. Ya, you gotta be careful with em; but they're awesome as shit. Nostalgic as poo. and Cool as crap.

I was hoping that u were going to do a rant!!!
    Like "WWWWWWWWHATTTTTT?!? COOOOFFFFFEEEEE IN ENAMELLLLL MUGGGGSSSSS?!?"
  • Options
    adamg5adamg5 Posts: 774
    Anyone willing to swap one from this year for one of last years cup? PM I would like to have one of each. Thx
  • Options
    Sarava said:

Last year's mugs were ugly...loving these this year. Gonna bite on them this time.

I like last year's much better then the new '15 ones.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    edited September 2015
    eh, I'm not a hat person, not loving the Halloween shirt this year so I went for the mugs...would have loved the whole set tho
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Combo set shipped. Sweet! :)
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,895
    I got an email from the 10C on the 14th saying that the order was sent to the warehouse for processing and will be shipped within 1-2 days. Yet, when I track it, UPS site is still only showing that the label was created, but hasn't shipped.

Has anybody else ran into this situation? I'm waiting on a response from UPS.
  • Options
    got same email. don't think they shipped yet.
  • Options
    Mine show that they were shipped on 9/15 and have an estimated delivery for this Saturday.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,895
    UPS said that they haven't actually received the mugs yet, just had the electronic billing info which generated the tracking number.

When i inquired with the 10C, they said "It can take 24 to 48 hrs after induction for tracking progress to be updated. The shipping label was printed the 14th and it was processed within two business days.

Tracking progress should update shortly"
  • Options
    mine now says shipped...would be sweetness if I get them before the weekend. Not that I'm in any hurry..I mean their mugs. But now I want I want I want!!!
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    The mugs are cute. :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    demetrios said:

Horse2345 said:

100 Pacer said:

kce8 said:

The last few 10club orders I placed have arrived pretty fast up here in Canada. It would be great though to receive a tracking # on this combo that included a $31.99 postage rate. Wish it wasn't that hard to ask. A tracking # where I can track my Pearl Jam goodies. That's all I'm asking, now that Canada Post has stopped door to door mail delivery service as of July.
    Couldn't you get with a fellow Canadian and share a US PO Box? They have them all over Port Angeles, probably in Blaine too. Pick up packages there, take the ferry back, have your pal ship within Canada.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Got the 14/15 set today.

These are super nice. Love them.
  • Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635
    I just got my set and they're really nice. I'm not using these, they're for display purposes only! Are you guys drinking out of yours?
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,363
    Im going to put mine int he curio cabinet next to my ames poster book, and grandmas china. Sounds crazy, but its true!
  • Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635
    Grandma's china should be honored to share the curio cabinet with PJ mugs, LOL!
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    narnia said:

I just got my set and they're really nice. I'm not using these, they're for display purposes only! Are you guys drinking out of yours?

I use the 2014 white one as my go to whiskey and rocks cup.
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033

narnia said:

I use the 2014 white one as my go to whiskey and rocks cup.
    Try it in the black one....so much better
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016