mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251

Bill Maher is a jackass

Nope
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    mca47 said:

Bill Maher is a jackass

Nope
    Yes. I agree with probably 75% of his positions, but I can't stand the way he speaks to people and it seemed like Colbert couldn't either.
  • Options

mca47 said:

Bill Maher is a jackass

Nope
    Yes. I agree with probably 75% of his positions, but I can't stand the way he speaks to people and it seemed like Colbert couldn't either.
    Fair enough.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

mca47 said:

Bill Maher is a jackass

Nope
    Not for nothing but those 25% of positions you dont agree with are probably major ones. I don't like him either.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,295
    He's in 4th.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited September 2016

1 year ago
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Pearl Jam made their first appearance on the Late Show With Stephen Colbert 1 year ago today.https://youtu.be/PYnr14JMGI0
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    I heard he's pulled ahead in the ratings recently...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    He's found his groove. Beat Fallon last two weeks. Really enjoying this show now.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

He's found his groove. Beat Fallon last two weeks. Really enjoying this show now.

I think its more Fallon being a wanker and people are realising its absolutely brutal watching him giggle through an interview..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

I think its more Fallon being a wanker and people are realising its absolutely brutal watching him giggle through an interview..
    Yeah Fallon's whole 'trying to please everyone shtick' has been old for a while now. But I feel Colbert's show has gotten much better over the last 6 months or so...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    Colbert found a muse : Trump
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Wma31394 said:

Fallon has always annoyed the shit out of me. Good to see Colbert hit his mark.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Longueuil said:

That Stephen Miller bit the other night was pure GOLD
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224

Longueuil said:

That Stephen Miller bit the other night was pure GOLD
    You mean this
    https://youtu.be/9F3tKTvaLT4
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216

Wma31394 said:

Yeah Fallon's whole 'trying to please everyone shtick' has been old for a while now. But I feel Colbert's show has gotten much better over the last 6 months or so...
    Definitely agree. Fallon is just like a silly boy trying to interview people. Much like Leno before him, it's more dumb comedy than anything else. Colbert is a good replacement for Letterman because he can do the serious content and interviews. For me it's Colbert and then Seth Meyers. I think Trevor Noah is doing a great job on the Daily Show and of course John Oliver too.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited February 2017
    tbergs said:

Wma31394 said:

Definitely agree. Fallon is just like a silly boy trying to interview people. Much like Leno before him, it's more dumb comedy than anything else. Colbert is a good replacement for Letterman because he can do the serious content and interviews. For me it's Colbert and then Seth Meyers. I think Trevor Noah is doing a great job on the Daily Show and of course John Oliver too.
    I like them all. I like Fallon a lot, but as a form of total escapism. I watch him to laugh about silly things and to not really think, like a relaxation thing, and also for the much bigger focus on music compared to any of the other shows. Fallon is pure fun and games plus music, and that's just fine IMO. Someone should be that way. I like giggles myself - since when did giggles become a negative thing. :giggle:;) But then I prefer Colbert and others for more substantial content (while still being funny). Obviously Colbert and Oliver, etc are much more clever and witty.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    #1 for February
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    His ratings lead grew through March.

I think the show is really, really good right now.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Trump is his Hugh Grant
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options

His ratings lead grew through March.

I think the show is really, really good right now.

Yep. I rarely miss it.
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I think the only issue I have with stephen is that its too much trump. I get that this is an important topic view point but its seems that many of his interviews with other people often result in them talking about trump which gets a bit boring for me.

however he does have some great bits. I don't like the clapping of the hands of his audience but that might be because it reminds me of Leno
  • Options
    On Sept 23, 2015, Pearl Jam made their first and so far only appearance on the Late Show With Stephen Colbert
    I miss igotid88