Options

No Code Legacy Album

davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
Is it ever gonna happen?

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143

Is it ever gonna happen?

According to a 10c e-mail I got last month, there is no news on it.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    probably next year, or the following, when no code is 20 or 21, and yield 19, though they could easily leave out yield for the reisue, PJ/10C has a history of not following its own history, and now you aren't in a tight budget if you bought vault five, imagine buying that and no code box set reissue is announced? remember today it's tuesday, and it's only noon on the west coast...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    That would be very nice.
    They don't have to do a match with Yield.
    Make it all just about No code.
    It deserves it.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Their original announcement back in 07' when the new website launched had no timetable listed. It stated something to the effect of the Ten rerelease signified the start of a reissue campaign. I think when they did the Vs/Vitalogy one in 2010 people (myself included) though they were on a 2 yr cycle with the campaign. Clearly not the case.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

Their original announcement back in 07' when the new website launched had no timetable listed. It stated something to the effect of the Ten rerelease signified the start of a reissue campaign. I think when they did the Vs/Vitalogy one in 2010 people (myself included) though they were on a 2 yr cycle with the campaign. Clearly not the case.

It's taking longer to reissue the albums then it did to originally release them lol
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Just repress the vinyl. No press release needed. Why do they think it requires starting up the hype machine?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838

Is it ever gonna happen?

Yes. A No Code / Yield combo reissue. Sony / Legacy demands it! :p

• Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

I just don't want to be an old man when these are ever released!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539

Just repress the vinyl. No press release needed. Why do they think it requires starting up the hype machine?

Yeah, I don't know. Every other band seems to be able to reissue albums with little hoopla and everyone still buys them. I don't know why PJ can't do the same.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 748
    edited August 2015
    I find it funny that they seem to have stalled at reissuing the ones that would almost definitely result in the highest sales. I mean, Ten / Vs / Vitalogy sold enormous amounts and so it wasn't too difficult to find original pressings at reasonable prices. I'm a huge fan but don't have the post- Vitalogy records just because I've been priced out of the secondary market.

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

I find it funny that they seem to have stalled at reissuing the ones that would almost definitely result in the highest sales. I mean, Ten / Vs / Vitalogy sold enormous amounts and so it wasn't too difficult to find original pressings at reasonable prices. I'm a huge fan but don't have the post- Vitalogy records just because I've been priced out of the secondary market.

I don't know... is anyone outside of being a Pearl Jam fan gonna buy these? I can't see the common consumer being excited about them. Most people know Ten, Vs, & Vitalogy... but I don't think you're gonna have a big demand outside of die hards for the later albums. But they should still do it for us!!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,159

I got the feeling that Vs/Vitalogy didn't sell huge amounts. They've done a few deals to try and clear them out (lowering the price, including vault #1 for free with a purchase etc..). I started to get the feeling the reason they didn't proceed with the next set was because the sales of vs/vitalogy were underwhelming. It's too bad. In my opinion the first three albums were the easiest to find before the reissues. They had the most pressings. The sole reason for buying the entire boxset was the live vinyl. They didn't really include any else too interesting. If they tried harder on the set it might of sold more (include a dvd etc..). Starting with No Code there's a big thirst for the vinyl because its so scarce. I almost think a No Code/Yield set would sell more copies due to the scarcity of those albums on vinyl.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Zod said:

I got the feeling that Vs/Vitalogy didn't sell huge amounts. They've done a few deals to try and clear them out (lowering the price, including vault #1 for free with a purchase etc..). I started to get the feeling the reason they didn't proceed with the next set was because the sales of vs/vitalogy were underwhelming. It's too bad. In my opinion the first three albums were the easiest to find before the reissues. They had the most pressings. The sole reason for buying the entire boxset was the live vinyl. They didn't really include any else too interesting. If they tried harder on the set it might of sold more (include a dvd etc..). Starting with No Code there's a big thirst for the vinyl because its so scarce. I almost think a No Code/Yield set would sell more copies due to the scarcity of those albums on vinyl.
    You mean the photos in a "glassine envelope" or whatever they called it didn't just force you to buy it? Or the black and white steno notebook?

Lol I agree- give us some vinyl, a DVD or bluray, a poster, and good sound. That's all a box set needs.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.