Options

FEAR the Walking Dead

2»

Comments

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254

mca47 said:

Decent episode last night. I like the idea of them being at sea for this season. Although I'm guessing they won't have the boat to themselves for very long. And I'm already rooting for all 3 of the kids to die....why must every show make teenagers the worst and most annoying characters?!?

That's probably because teenagers are annoying little shits in real life too! hahahaha!
    I thought it was a decent episode. Some dumb stuff, some good stuff.
    The whole idea of the military firebombing LA from fighter jets seemed a bit much, though we never really did get to see the events that lead to the original Walking Dead. So they are what, a few weeks in to zombies taking over and already you have people as pirates, shooting up people's boats and killing them? Seems like that would be something that would happen after some time passed where people were desperate for supplies....I dunno....
    Haha, I kept asking myself if I was such an annoying asshole when I was a teenager. The answer is clearly yes. There just seems to be so many teenage characters in TV shows recently that drive you fucking nuts. Dana Brody from Homeland is still the worst! But these 3 may give her a run for that title.

And yeah, it does seem a bit early for people to be shooting up others since the outbreak just happened. But, I do like that the show started as the outbreak was happening. A much different perspective than Rick waking up out of a coma months into the zombie apocalypse.
    I wanted to punch Dana Brody in the face every time I saw her!
    Can't stand that Nick kid. He always has that dumb look on his face and he has a weird-shaped head. I was hoping that Chris kid would drown. Alicia is annoying, but she's pretty cute, so she can stay. (I had to look up their names because I couldn't remember...oh, and Alicia is 22 in real life so it's not that creepy! lol ).

So, I get if anything big happens, people lose their mind. I would expect the looting and such as that shit happens in real life...but for people to take to the seas and murder others days after shit gets weird...seems a little much.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412

mca47 said:

Decent episode last night. I like the idea of them being at sea for this season. Although I'm guessing they won't have the boat to themselves for very long. And I'm already rooting for all 3 of the kids to die....why must every show make teenagers the worst and most annoying characters?!?

That's probably because teenagers are annoying little shits in real life too! hahahaha!
    I thought it was a decent episode. Some dumb stuff, some good stuff.
    The whole idea of the military firebombing LA from fighter jets seemed a bit much, though we never really did get to see the events that lead to the original Walking Dead. So they are what, a few weeks in to zombies taking over and already you have people as pirates, shooting up people's boats and killing them? Seems like that would be something that would happen after some time passed where people were desperate for supplies....I dunno....
    Haha, I kept asking myself if I was such an annoying asshole when I was a teenager. The answer is clearly yes. There just seems to be so many teenage characters in TV shows recently that drive you fucking nuts. Dana Brody from Homeland is still the worst! But these 3 may give her a run for that title.

And yeah, it does seem a bit early for people to be shooting up others since the outbreak just happened. But, I do like that the show started as the outbreak was happening. A much different perspective than Rick waking up out of a coma months into the zombie apocalypse.
    Haven't seen the new episode, but I was thinking that Fear fell into the apocalypse too soon. Guess it depends on what happens with it this season, but it seemed like they were practically caught up with episode 1 Rick at the end of the first season of Fear. Not that a TWD with a different setting and characters couldn't be good, but I think the writers are stretched to the limit trying to keep one show interesting. Once Fear gets to the point of dickheads banding together and building warring factions it's basically the same show with characters that are laughably hateable.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    I agree Dewie. I was hoping Fear would take it a bit slower and focus more on the chaos and confusion of everything. Look at any scary/horror/zombie movie. The best parts of any of those movies are the lead-up to mass infection. They literally went from a few people being sick to a full-fledged outbreak, followed by carpet bombing cities in a matter of weeks (in their time period). We're already at the point of people being against people in Fear.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    This show has been pretty rough. Not really sure why I'm even watching it at this point. Chris is just a ridiculous character who needs to go away.
  • Options
    These characters are all so fucking dumb and I want them all to die!!! Strand had been the smart one for awhile, but then he starts playing the piano?!?!? The only positive is that Chris hasn't been in either of these last 2 episodes.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I gave up on this show an episode before the last finale.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,039

I gave up on this show an episode before the last finale.

cancel this show already!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Good God. I just watched Sunday's epidode. (3rd attempt).

I've said on TWD thread that I can appreciate the music and cinematography of the show. I also really liked the scene with Nick walking with the walkers last week....I'm REALLY trying to stick with this show. I think it may eventually link up with TWD and it might be good to know this stuff??

That said, Sunday's episode was a total sh*tstorm. Wth was Strand thinking? There is no way they should be able to escape their current predicament. If they live, this show becomes that much more unbelievable. Although, I think the main issue with this show for me is that I could really care less about ANY of these characters. I actually think they deserve to get it by the walkers. It's hard to be vested in a show when you really can't stand the characters...... I'm still going to continue watching it though, it's like watching a train wreck. I just can't look away...
  • Options

Good God. I just watched Sunday's epidode. (3rd attempt).

I've said on TWD thread that I can appreciate the music and cinematography of the show. I also really liked the scene with Nick walking with the walkers last week....I'm REALLY trying to stick with this show. I think it may eventually link up with TWD and it might be good to know this stuff??

That said, Sunday's episode was a total sh*tstorm. Wth was Strand thinking? There is no way they should be able to escape their current predicament. If they live, this show becomes that much more unbelievable. Although, I think the main issue with this show for me is that I could really care less about ANY of these characters. I actually think they deserve to get it by the walkers. It's hard to be vested in a show when you really can't stand the characters...... I'm still going to continue watching it though, it's like watching a train wreck. I just can't look away...

Yeah...Sunday's episode was a disaster. The one character that I did kinda care about was Strand and then he goes and starts playing the piano. Just awful. I'll probably continue to watch....I usually just have it on in the background while I'm doing something on my computer but man, it is getting really bad.
  • Options
    Yeah... I hear ya.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    I've lost interest in this show...character development was awful and that's the one thing they did good with TWD
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,975
    Is the second season over?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    dudeman said:

Is the second season over?

I'm guessing it's over since TWD comes back Sunday. I gave up on this one a few episodes ago....it was really bad.
  • Options
    Sooooo boring. I gave it the old college try, but did not make it through the first few episodes of this season. (I watched every episode last season). A guy I work with has watched all the episodes and mentioned that they killed a "main character" and didn't even bother showing the death scene....lmao! He said the other characters just mentioned that so and so was dead!! ; ) How is it possible that this show has been picked up for another season?? 3 days and counting to the real deal.
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,975
    Two new episodes for the season premier. They were pretty fucking good if you're a fan. Those who stopped watching along the way might be interested to see some of the things they didn't like getting addressed in this season. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV