Who Killed Bambi? vs. Who Killed Rudolph?

brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
Just saw the back cover of Sex Pistols The Great Rock 'n' Rock Swindle lp yesterday with "Who Killed Bambi" on it, and it is definitely the inspiration for PJ's second Xmas single cover with "Who Killed Rudolph" on it. I know Jeff is/was a Pistols fan, and it's his photography on the single so makes sense.
Sorry if this is old news..it's been 23 years and I never knew this! So I thought I'd share.

Comments

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    very cool

it seems like they have used a ton of old LP covers as inspiration for some things over the years

the Columbia 08 poster is taken from a Clash LP cover
  • brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    ^ yup yup. another one:

• Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,342
    The back insert from the PJ20 glow in the dark promo album is also lifted from the back cover of a rebooted version of "Spunk" from the Sex Pistols. TAKRL (The Amazing Kornyfone Record Label) 929 was changed to TAKRL20 and they listed the PJ20 track titles on the bottom. It gave the package that bootleg look. I would post pics if knew how....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    And....

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    ^ oh yeah forgot about that one. Nice
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    Matt's picture on that always makes me laugh. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

The back insert from the PJ20 glow in the dark promo album is also lifted from the back cover of a rebooted version of "Spunk" from the Sex Pistols. TAKRL (The Amazing Kornyfone Record Label) 929 was changed to TAKRL20 and they listed the PJ20 track titles on the bottom. It gave the package that bootleg look. I would post pics if knew how....

Thanks for the info Guy Dudebro! More Sex Pistols! Did some digging and here's the pix: