Options

Best 2000s album?

FlameryFlamery New York Posts: 256
edited August 2015 in The Porch
We have a thread for the 90s, why not the 2000s as well?

Best 2000s album? 90 votes

Binaural
44%
BinFrogmookeywrenchmy_waverockpantsLowlightLedbetterman10bootlegger10Jason P+TremoR_ChrisT+JammalamboarqdimitrispearljamDewieCoxTim SimmonsRival178Foriginal SinHesCalledDyerTL170678Abe FromanEB218946 40 votes
Riot Act
17%
NewJPagered mosmy2handson2legsGary Carterryph raphwhichwaysignpearljamchrispledgeagrievancesmg97791Kev - Coat and KeysdankindIgotshitIDscott nowlandjeff2040tyweed 16 votes
Pearl Jam (Avocado)
18%
bosshogg18GibsonPJammer4lifeNAUjackfanJP33EP1973AS1487ST66483RhinoJamjadakidKearn5yrylanWeston1283courtmccckamadeoMMPoochjoe159 17 votes
Backspacer
6%
vaggar99PA Jammerchuckb_jrcp3iversonWalking the milesStaney12 6 votes
Lightning Bolt
12%
mcgruff10donravenForce Of NatureThe Waiting Trophy Mancoach pjbrolocopleathermanadamg5Empty GlassKS184725Quinn427 11 votes
Post edited by Flamery on

Comments

• Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,204
    Binaural
    Best album period for me!
  • Options
    Binaural
    Binaural
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,493
    Binaural
    But also i love Avocando
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Backspacer
    Off the bat i think Binaural but when i think of putting on an album and not skipping many tunes Backspacer wins.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Riot Act
    Lightning Bolt is the best of the 2010s.

:whistle:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    FlameryFlamery New York Posts: 256
    Binaural
    dankind said:

Lightning Bolt is the best of the 2010s.

:whistle:

Originally put 21st century, but that would leave binaural out lol
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Binaural
    Binaural is my 3rd favorite PJ album after Vs and Yield
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,046
    Binaural
    Binaural. A fucking masterpiece!
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    Backspacer
    I flipped around a bit before I chose. But I'm a little surprised about the binaural love. Riot Act, I thought was a better album. I agree with cp, I can pretty much play through the whole bs album, so that's where I went. Maybe I need to relisten the middle albums again. I remember really liking the albums back in the days. My problem is I only listen to albums on vinyl now adays, and I don't have any of the middle albums. I wish the band would fix that issue.
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,945
    Binaural
    Only one winner of this for me. Although I also love Riot Act and Lightning Bolt.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Binaural
    I'm glad to see some votes for Backspacer considering all the flack that album gets. I personally think it's great as well!
  • Options
    Backspacer
    Backspacer is the easiest listen. Thats good and bad cuz people do like their challenging tunes. Its the most consistent album of this poll

Binaural has the highest peaks (Sleight of Hand) but also some songs that are embarassing IMO. I like BS for its poppy'ness i guess if thats a word.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited August 2015
    Binaural
    Riot Act is also so close it's basically tied with Binaural. Those are my two favorite PJ albums.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Binaural

Backspacer is the easiest listen. Thats good and bad cuz people do like their challenging tunes. Its the most consistent album of this poll

Binaural has the highest peaks (Sleight of Hand) but also some songs that are embarassing IMO. I like BS for its poppy'ness i guess if thats a word.

Funny, because I don't find anything embarassing on Binaural (a masterpiece to me, a close second is Riot Act).. At the same time, I would use the term "embarassing" for quite some songs included in their last three studio albums, particularly Backspacer and LB.. Let's put it this way: I never had a problem with blasting PJ music out of the windows of my car when I'm driving, but with songs like Sirens, The Fixer, or Just Breathe, to say only three, I definitely have a problem in doing so.
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Binaural
    PJ_Soul said:

Riot Act is also so close it's basically tied with Binaural. Those are my two favorite PJ albums.

This is what I call good taste in music :)
  • Options
    Binaural

Funny, because I don't find anything embarassing on Binaural (a masterpiece to me, a close second is Riot Act).. At the same time, I would use the term "embarassing" for quite some songs included in their last three studio albums, particularly Backspacer and LB.. Let's put it this way: I never had a problem with blasting PJ music out of the windows of my car when I'm driving, but with songs like Sirens, The Fixer, or Just Breathe, to say only three, I definitely have a problem in doing so.
    Totally agree.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Binaural

PJ_Soul said:

This is what I call good taste in music :)
    :plus_one:
  • Options
    Backspacer

Lol. Different strokes. I love all three of those tunes! I have them up there with Sleight of Hand, Release, and Present Tense. Blatant Pop tunes by PJ are awesome.

Idk. Soon Forget is pretty bad guys. Evacuation and Gods Dice were never favs of mine either. An awesome album otherwise but i just prefer BS more
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Binaural

Lol. Different strokes. I love all three of those tunes! I have them up there with Sleight of Hand, Release, and Present Tense. Blatant Pop tunes by PJ are awesome.

Idk. Soon Forget is pretty bad guys. Evacuation and Gods Dice were never favs of mine either. An awesome album otherwise but i just prefer BS more
    I love Soon Forget. The lyrics are so good. I actually got to see it live, and that was awesome, and of course Eddie fucked it up, lol). I also love God's Dice (also great live), and Evacuation is a cool song as well (I know a lot of people hate Evacuation, but not me).
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Binaural
    I don't find any of their music "embarrassing" but I definitely could do without ever having to hear Sirens again.

I still don't know what everyone's problem is with The Fixer.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    Backspacer
    c'mon Backspacer by a mile (or not?)
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,317
    they're all too good.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    OzzieOzzie Posts: 230
    Binaural
    Binaural - first PJ album I bought on release date!
    Isle of Wight, 23rd June 2012
    Brooklyn, 18th October 2013
    Memphis, 14th October 2014
    Krakow, 3rd July 2018
    London, 8th July 2022
  • Options
    OzzieOzzie Posts: 230
    Binaural
    Ozzie said:

Binaural - first PJ album I bought on release date!

Plus it's killer on a good pair of headphones!
    Isle of Wight, 23rd June 2012
    Brooklyn, 18th October 2013
    Memphis, 14th October 2014
    Krakow, 3rd July 2018
    London, 8th July 2022
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,493
    Binaural

I don't find any of their music "embarrassing" but I definitely could do without ever having to hear Sirens again.

I still don't know what everyone's problem is with The Fixer.

If it was a Nickelback song it would be fine..image
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Riot Act
    Riot Act, my favourite Pearl Jam album :)
    IF YOU HATE SOMETHING,.. DONT YOU DO IT TOO
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,420
    Riot Act
    Riot Act is the best.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,804
    edited August 2015
    Riot Act
    Riot Act with Binaural a close second. Binaural would probably be #1 if they kept the original track list