One of a kind skateboard deck on Charity Buzz

PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
Just saw this. Thought someone might be interested.

https://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/874618
2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    That's a nice looking pineapple.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Very cool.

And interesting -- at least from a skating perspective. For instance, do Doug Saladino's rails seem a tad inside to other skaters? And are they offset just a little?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

Very cool.

And interesting -- at least from a skating perspective. For instance, do Doug Saladino's rails seem a tad inside to other skaters? And are they offset just a little?

Yep, they do.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    pretty sweet
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

dankind said:

Very cool.

Yep, they do.
    On slides, it seems like it would be better for your board but bad for your balance. I'm guessing he had a board break on a slide and sang soprano for a week.

Or he just has big hands.

Man, I miss skating.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

dankind said:

Very cool.

Yep, they do.
    On slides, it seems like it would be better for your board but bad for your balance. I'm guessing he had a board break on a slide and sang soprano for a week.

Or he just has big hands.

Man, I miss skating.
    Hmm, he must have gigantic hands! Hahaha!
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited August 2015
    My Jeff Kendall deck goes for around a grand these days (http://sk8cheddar.com/post/124115237960/santa-cruz-jeff-kendall-1988-art-jim-phillips).

:dizzy:
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    That is pretty cool!! :)

Pearl Jam + Doug Saladino Skateboard with lyrics from “Nothing As It Seems”: Unique skateboard collaboration supporting Tony Hawk Foundation’s Boards + Bands program.

Skate legend Doug Saladino has teamed up with GRAMMY Award-winning artist Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam to create this one-of-a-kind artifact—Saladino’s personal ridden complete skateboard with one of his favorite song lyrics (“Nothing As It Seems”) written on it by song writer Ament.

The board is a 7-ply maple-laminate Black Label brand Doug Saladino “Pine Design” custom pro model. It has all the signature wear and tear you would expect from a professional athlete. Ament then painted by-hand the lyrics to Pearl Jam’s hit “Nothing As It Seems” on it. Such an artifact from these icons of the skate and music worlds has never existed before, and it can be yours.

This special skateboard collaboration is part of the nonprofit Tony Hawk Foundation’s Boards + Bands program. Funds raised through this effort will support the Tony Hawk Foundation and its mission to bring the benefits of free, public skateparks to at-risk youth throughout the world.

Each Boards + Bands skateboard collaboration is a truly unique, one-of-a-kind item and the Estimated Value listed is based on recent auction results. Some Boards + Bands decks have sold for over $38,000 in prior years so bid often to take home these exclusive skateboards!
    Donated by: Doug Saladino and Jeff Ament
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    Speaking of one-of-a-kind skateboards... can anyone tell me about this board? I picked it up off eBay a few years ago and I can't find anything on it. It's a Ament/Tum Yeto joint but that's about all I know about it. Any info would be much appreciated :smiley:

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

Not one bid yet on this, which isn't shocking. The start up price of $750 is pretty high. And the estimate value of $5000, is just insane.
    http://substreammagazine.com/2015/08/tony-hawk-recruits-u2-pearl-jam-of-mice-men-more-to-customize-skateboards/

Tony Hawk recruits U2, Pearl Jam, Of Mice & Men, more to customize skateboards
    by Scott Heisel - Aug 13, 2015

Professional skateboarder (and my personal favorite playable video game character) Tony Hawk has partnered up with Ben Harper to create Boards + Bands, a fundraising initiative for Hawk’s eponymous foundation. Hawk hit up some of his skater buds, including Ryan Sheckler, Chad Ortiz and Nyjah Huston, to donate one of their boards and then pick one of their favorite songs. Harper then approached those musicians with one simple instruction: “Please write the lyrics to this skater’s favorite song on his skateboard, and we’ll use it to create more skateparks for kids.” Among the musicians participating in the collaboration are Metallica, U2, Pearl Jam, Of Mice & Men, Jay Z, Tenacious D and more.

“We are thrilled about this year’s amazing collection of boards featuring unique collaborations between some of the biggest names in skateboarding and music, and we are grateful to all that made it possible,” says Hawk in a statement. “We have high hopes for this year’s auction as we continue to further the Foundation’s mission of bringing skateparks to low-income communities around the world.”

You can see all the custom boards as well as place a bid here; for a full list of collaborations, see below.

Paul Rodriguez + Jay Z “Where I’m From”
    Riley Hawk + Ozzy Osbourne “Fairies Wear Boots”
    Shane O’Neil + Jay Z “Politics As Usual”
    Ben Raybourn + DEVO “Uncontrollable Urge”
    Chad Ortiz + Tom Petty “Mary Jane’s Last Dance”
    Nyjah Huston +: Metallica “Fade To Black”
    Ryan Sheckler + Of Mice & Men “The Depths”
    Tony Hawk + U2 “Where The Streets Have No Name”
    Tony Hawk + Tenacious D “Tribute”
    Mikey Taylor + The National “Sorrow”
    Chris Cole + Elton John & Bernie Taupin “Candle In The Wind”
    Doug Saladino + Pearl Jam “Nothing As It Seems”
    8 day's left ..

• SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    Fantastic.... I would buy it if I could.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Best item.ever!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    4 day's left.
    Tony Hawk, Ben Harper raise money to build skate parks for at-risk kids
    http://abc7.com/entertainment/tony-hawk-ben-harper-raise-money-to-build-skate-parks/927875/

Check out the video. :)
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,810
    So cool
    7 hours left!
  • eyecanwalkeyecanwalk Posts: 707
    $2500 with 30 min left..........quick someone buy it for me
  • SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    Did anyone here end up buying this beauty?
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    Ya, I'm also quite curious what is was auctioned off for and if the winner is a member of this fantastical fan club.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!