In a Riot Act mood today

Some of the best lyrics in the catalog. Sometimes somber but comforting. Particularly love this version......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDSStJ9I754
PJ - 36
EV - 5
(**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra

Comments

• EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,821
    Love this performance. Thanks for posting it. These guys are just amazing artists.
  • mrluthor9mrluthor9 Posts: 264
    Great Stuff!... Thanks for posting
    All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives,.....choosing the shiny ones instead,......
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,133
    Would love an Ed solo record with songs like this.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • adamg5adamg5 Posts: 774
    Just took the plastic off my Riot Act LP and spin it over and over. Could have sold it for $300 but the feel and sound of this album on vinyl is not worth selling it to me.
  • Riot Act is my tops PJ album! You can never go wrong with Riot Act!
    The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself - EV

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,634
    Good time period for me. Not my favorite album but wow it brings back some great memories of hanging out
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    Riot Act is right up there with Yield and No Code for me as being what I consider their best... but I get it that every one of their albums is someone's favorite. That middle period is my favorite and, to my ears anyway, the band's artistic peak. I hope they hit that mark again some day.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,770
    edited August 2015
    adamg5 said:

Just took the plastic off my Riot Act LP and spin it over and over. Could have sold it for $300 but the feel and sound of this album on vinyl is not worth selling it to me.

Nice. Would like to say the same someday. Enjoy!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
    edited August 2015
    brianlux said:

Riot Act is right up there with Yield and No Code for me as being what I consider their best... but I get it that every one of their albums is someone's favorite. That middle period is my favorite and, to my ears anyway, the band's artistic peak. I hope they hit that mark again some day.

Just got 1st pressing of Vitalogy and No Code in the mail an hour ago and spun them. It's a really great feeling spinning records. I'm brand new to the vinyl club :)

Vs no code vitalogy and yield are just in another league. Dave A and might jack irons are so amazing in their own ways.

I would have to say I really love LB tracks live they have a lot of power and emotion.
    Post edited by adamg5 on
    edited August 2015

adamg5 said:

Thanks LBC Ghost I am Mine and Thumbing are my favorites :)
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,453
    adamg5 said:

adamg5 said:

Thanks LBC Ghost I am Mine and Thumbing are my favorites :)
    I would also add Save You and All Or None to the favorite list.
    This "Thumbing" video is awesome! I love the simple subtle way it was shot with the train track.
    Riot Act may suffer from a little too much filler in some peoples opinions but no doubt one could edit it into one hell of a cohesive recording based on ones tastes.
    I overlooked Riot Act and Binaural as I was on a Yield high but now I get to go back and appreciate them all over again. Bravo Riot Act!!!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    Its Ghost day,every day
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    adamg5 said:

brianlux said:

Just got 1st pressing of Vitalogy and No Code in the mail an hour ago and spun them. It's a really great feeling spinning records. I'm brand new to the vinyl club :)

Vs no code vitalogy and yield are just in another league. Dave A and might jack irons are so amazing in their own ways.

I would have to say I really love LB tracks live they have a lot of power and emotion.
    Nice! Oh to have those middle period records re-released on vinyl! (I'm just not willing to cough up the big bucks for original pressing- unless I win the lottery, LOL!)

Its Ghost day,every day

Ghost is awesome! I was thrilled when they played it in Missoula!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

adamg5 said:

brianlux said:

Nice! Oh to have those middle period records re-released on vinyl! (I'm just not willing to cough up the big bucks for original pressing- unless I win the lottery, LOL!)

Its Ghost day,every day

Ghost is awesome! I was thrilled when they played it in Missoula!

Nice yea got lucky to hear it in Denver 2014!
  • I've had this on in my car the past two weeks. I have great memories of this record as it was around this time I really discovered this band. Belting out LBC on the way to the gym the other day - I probably got some strange looks from fellow motorists!
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • otterotter Posts: 753
    Me too. I believe I will bust it out this morning and blast it all day.
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
    Always in Riot Act Mood till the day I die
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,264
    I'm in a Riot Act mood every day, it's a fantastic record. I still feel that it's their most rewarding album in some ways, there's something on there for every mood and you can discover - or rediscover - new things all the time.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)