Options

Pearl Jam Vs. X Japan. Finals. Loudwire. Best Live Band. Vote Now.

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,102
    ldent42 said:

Guys they're smarter than us. They've obviously got that shit automated. I can't even remember to go vote every hour. We still got some time though. Keep fighting the good fight.

I would of thought it was automated if it wasn't for the fact the voting wane's while it's night time in Japan. If it was automated it wouldn't wane?
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,297
    we could win if some PJ fans didn't
    think this was beneath them
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    igotid88 said:

Haha, that's true. PJ have a huge contingent of disdainful hipster fans. I bet X Japan have none. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,354
    igotid88 said:

Do you think PJ thinks this is beneath them since they aren't posting about this on all of their social media accounts?
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,102
    RP112579 said:

igotid88 said:

Do you think PJ thinks this is beneath them since they aren't posting about this on all of their social media accounts?
    lol because PJ embraces social media and always keeps it up to date.. lol!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Zod said:

RP112579 said:

igotid88 said:

According to their youtube channel they still only have 9 studio albums, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,354
    Zod said:

RP112579 said:

igotid88 said:

Their Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts post something just about everyday. Sometimes multiple times a day. They just aren't posting about this, even after people have emailed Ten Club asking them to, because it doesn't matter. I've voted one time each round, if that's not enough, oh well.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    It's over Johnny. Over.
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited August 2015

The way they just took off and how the divide keeps growing this wide.. it screams to me that there is some computer type dude on their side running a script. It's really not hard for a computer script to open up a web page and click a button. You put a timer on it to run once an hour all day and night... and if you run it through some proxy servers to change the IP address each time and then it can vote a bunch of times.. once an hour all day and night.

I think its kind of pathetic that someone would do that for an online poll but given how easy it would be for someone to do.. it clearly looks like that is what is happening in this instance.

I was wondering this myself. I don't know enough about IT stuff to know how it works...if it could run continuously (as was said, wouldn't the voting be continuous then?)
    Just saw this on the Clutch fb page, and it kinda lends to the theory....
    http://loudwire.com/battle-royale-the-darkness-clutch-trivium-disturbed-video-countdown/

you now need a captcha to vote.

fuckin loudwire is probably going to keep doing these non-stop now, because we've all been racking up the page hits for them. Can we all agree to not participate in the next one? I've been voting but it's seriously getting annoying seeing it reposted every five minutes on fb.

(ps - go vote for clutch :tongue: )
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

I think it's that most of us are adults and realize that an online poll really doesn't matter. It's 2015 for crying out loud.
  • Options
    Now their winning due to hacking? Pathetic. Just realize they have a more devoted fan base, take the loss and move on. It's like dealing with 4 year olds.

Even Eddie agrees
    http://share.gifyoutube.com/mPE6rz.gif
  • Options
    I post an opinion and get an Eddie gif in reply!?!?! NOT FAIR!
    And so adult-like. Pathetic? Dealing with 4 year olds? So tired of being attacked on this forum.
    :lol:
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,624
    X Japan is a juggernaut. A magical mix of The Beatles, Led Zeppelin and the sweet baby Jesus.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    RS151862 said:

X Japan is a juggernaut. A magical mix of The Beatles, Led Zeppelin and the sweet baby Jesus.

with a better name.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    Just out of curiosity what does the winner get?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

Just out of curiosity what does the winner get?

The fan group that wins gets a free show with the finalists at a lottery location.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,864
    21 points down, WTF second fiddle as always, first it was Nirvana...what is next
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    The time to strike was when they were up against tool. Could have combined 4ces
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    I've had weird and spotty internet service (when only trying join the PJ forums to vote) the last two days. Both at work and at home,

Something is fishy ...
  • Options
    RibbertronRibbertron Posts: 163
    What's weird is there is no swing anymore. It's a stable 60 to 40 give or take a percent. Someone posted on the loud wire page that they use a voting service that allows then to throw their own power on the vote. It's a known voting tool and I am convinced now that they do use their power to manipulate. Why else do we have a better shot than any x Japan opponent? Why else would their be a huge massive swing the first day and now it doesn't move at all by more than 1%? They want us to think we have enough of a chance.

Why did we win by 52% about for every other poll. I have no doubt x Japan should beat us. Their fans love this poll. They should be beating us like everyone else. They should continue to swing this poll like they did all the other bands. But that wouldn't draw traffic if it was dead in the water. Idk.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,297

What's weird is there is no swing anymore. It's a stable 60 to 40 give or take a percent. Someone posted on the loud wire page that they use a voting service that allows then to throw their own power on the vote. It's a known voting tool and I am convinced now that they do use their power to manipulate. Why else do we have a better shot than any x Japan opponent? Why else would their be a huge massive swing the first day and now it doesn't move at all by more than 1%? They want us to think we have enough of a chance.

Why did we win by 52% about for every other poll. I have no doubt x Japan should beat us. Their fans love this poll. They should be beating us like everyone else. They should continue to swing this poll like they did all the other bands. But that wouldn't draw traffic if it was dead in the water. Idk.

X-Japan would win the other polls 75-25. So we're closer.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    Jason P said:

I've had weird and spotty internet service (when only trying join the PJ forums to vote) the last two days. Both at work and at home,

Something is fishy ...

https://youtu.be/MMzd40i8TfA
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Sabotage!
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,766
    Obviously animated. With that said, the hipsters on Facebook continually make and post "who cares" memes which are utterly ironic beyond belief.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,864
    23 down, who the fuck is X-Japan? Never even heard of them until this poll.....
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    edited August 2015
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

Now their winning due to hacking? Pathetic. Just realize they have a more devoted fan base, take the loss and move on. It's like dealing with 4 year olds.

Even Eddie agrees
    http://share.gifyoutube.com/mPE6rz.gif

Lighten up and have some fun for fucks sake

• Options
    Malroth said:

Jason P said:

Something is fishy ...

I'm calling .....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MFZG8KQJni8
  • Options
    Could X Japan be the original saboteur of PJ20? Was it a preemptive strike leading up to the vote?

One must wonder ....
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Jason P said:

Malroth said:

Jason P said:

Something is fishy ...

I'm calling .....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MFZG8KQJni8
    That guy in the middle looks like bababooey