Options

Pearl Jam Vs. X Japan. Finals. Loudwire. Best Live Band. Vote Now.

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    my2hands said:

Dude, Asian-American please...

Walter, this isn't the band who built the railroads here
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    omg how are we winning!?!?!
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,354
    ehbacon said:

omg how are we winning!?!?!

it's late over there. Tool was winning the first few hours as well.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    RibbertronRibbertron Posts: 163
    I am not sure if there is anyway of knowing if it works because it lets you vote anyways. But I know on some sites you can vote, delete your cookies/close browser and then vote again.
  • Options
    Oceans 98Oceans 98 Posts: 232
    my2hands said:
    They are good, but PJ are better.
    St. Louis 07/02/98, St. Louis 10/11/00, New York 07/08/03, New York 07/09/03, Chicago 05/16/06, Chicago 05/17/06, Bridge School 10/21/06, Bridge School 10/22/06, Chicago 07/05/07, Chicago 07/24/09, Kansas City 05/03/10, St Louis 05/04/10, PJ20 09/03/11, PJ20 09/04/11, Chicago 07/19/13, St. Louis 10/03/14, Ohana 09/24/21 (EV/Earthings), Ohana 09/25/21 (EV/Earthlings), Ohana 09/26/21, Nashville 09/16/22, Louisville 09/17/22, St. Louis 09/18/22, Oklahoma City 09/20/22

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    We are winning ;) I can't sleep so am on the silly iPad in bed lol might try to sleep soon if I get tired
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    JWPearl said:

We are winning ;) I can't sleep so am on the silly iPad in bed lol might try to sleep soon if I get tired

wait till japan wakes up..will kill us..lol
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    oh,oh, now down to 66.47% for PJ
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    Voted twice don't worry you know pearl jam can get this when we wish so..... :sunglasses:
  • Options
    BabaLoverBabaLover Posts: 453
    I'm trying to vote on two devices each our. It would be nice if the fans of the losing bands joined together in the cause to bring this group down.
    To and fro the pendulum throws

"Don't Worry, Be Happy." Avatar Meher Baba

7/12/11 - EV Oakland 2, 10/22/11 - EV Bridge School
    9/25/11 Vancouver, 11/26/13 - Oakland, 11/7/15 - Buenos Aires
  • Options
    An entire nation will be waking up soon. The end is near.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

I don't know who you are but that was cute and so true..
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    I voted. Once.

You guys are like the people in sci-fi movies that turn and run from the asteroid barreling towards earth, as though it matters in any way whatsoever.

I'm gonna crack open a 6 pack, pack a bowl, and just sit back and enjoy watching the End of Days. It's better than fighting the inevitable.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    Saltzy23 said:

I voted. Once.

You guys are like the people in sci-fi movies that turn and run from the asteroid barreling towards earth, as though it matters in any way whatsoever.

I'm gonna crack open a 6 pack, pack a bowl, and just sit back and enjoy watching the End of Days. It's better than fighting the inevitable.

My plan is to uselessly panic. imageimageimage
    :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I cant wait to see the thing bounce the other way as the land of the rising sun lives up to its name.

Brace your bungholes

• Options
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    5:43 AM in Tokyo...
  • Options
    loudwire disappoints me:
    Now the five piece of Eddie Vedder, Mike McCready, Stone Gossard, Jeff Ament and Matt Cameron advance to the Best Live Band championship.
    Read More: Pearl Jam vs. X Japan - Best Live Band Finals | http://loudwire.com/pearl-jam-vs-x-japan-best-live-band-finals/?trackback=tsmclip
    boom is so often forgotten :disappointed:
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Boom is not a member of the band. Have you seen PJ albums and the 10C website (click on "The Band" right up there ^^^^)?
    All he does is play keyboards. He isn't involved in the business that is Pearl Jam, and he doesn't write any of the music, and doesn't collect royalties as far as I know. He shows up when he's told/asked to show up for a pay cheque (and is their friend). I believe he'd technically be called a backup musician. I assume he is very happy and content with this arrangement, since if he weren't he would have walked away years ago.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited August 2015
    Yo Japan, your band sucks
  • Options

Oceans 98 said:

After defeating very tough opponents Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, Green Day, and now Iron Maiden, Pearl Jam have made the finals in the best live band competition. Their opponent in the finals, X Japan, have beat every band by at least 70% and most people on the Loudwire message boards expect them to win big again against PJ.
    Many Loudwire links, including the link to their best live band poll are plastered all over X Japan's webpage, giving them a HUGE advantage against all other opponents the entire competition. Also, X Japan's bracket was VERY weak compared to PJ's. So needless to say, X Japan and Loudwire have what seems to be a very good business relationship which was key to getting them to the finals...
    That being said, how about PJ Nation show Loudwire and X Japan how good of a relationship Pearl Jam have with their FANS.
    How about we overcome the 'I hate PJ' Facebook page that has been rallying their people to vote against PJ this whole competition, let's overcome all the pj haters on the metal dominated Loudwire message boards, let's take down the X Japan/Loudwire business venture...
    How about we throw a monkeywrench in ALL their plans!

Vote once an hour...
    Use multiple devises...
    Spread the word...
    Make people tired of hearing you...

#votepj
    #thetruebestliveband

http://loudwire.com/pearl-jam-vs-x-japan-best-live-band-finals/

Or we could realize this is a pointless poll designed to drive traffic to someone's website, and the results actually mean absolutley nothing.

I felt bad after said this, went to vote, and voted. Instantly a target add covered my entire screen. Yep, this is bull shit. Someone's getting rich laughing all the way to the bank.
    Sounds like you need to turn your pop-up blocker on.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Boom is not a member of the band. Have you seen PJ albums and the 10C website (click on "The Band" right up there ^^^^)?
    All he does is play keyboards. He isn't involved in the business that is Pearl Jam, and he doesn't write any of the music, and doesn't collect royalties as far as I know. He shows up when he's told/asked to show up for a pay cheque (and is their friend). I believe he'd technically be called a backup musician. I assume he is very happy and content with this arrangement, since if he weren't he would have walked away years ago.

he co-wrote love boat captain I believe. I consider him a part of the band :confounded:
  • Options
    ehbacon said:

PJ_Soul said:

he co-wrote love boat captain I believe. I consider him a part of the band :confounded:
    And that is it. One song that he co-wrote.
    How can you consider someone who makes zero decisions, writes none of the music, has nothing to do with the business, and who very deliberately isn't considered a member of the band by the band itself a member of the band? I don't get that. I'm pretty sure it's the band who decides who is a member and who isn't, and they, along with Boom himself, quite definitively decided that he's not. Yes, even Boom knows he's not a member of the band, yet you think he is. Kind of strange, no?
    Hey, not bashing Boom. I like Boom. He appears to be a chilled out, cool dude. I just like to separate fact from fiction. Anyway, I think he enjoys his role as a backup to the band. Again, if he didn't, if he wanted to be a member and thought he should be but wasn't allowed, he would have walked away years ago. But as it is, he gets to enjoy the fun of the live performances and playing to the fans and playing cool music without having to do any of the work behind the scenes, which is a LOT of work. He probably feels like he hit the jackpot.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,873
    Jason P said:

Wasn't that said on December 6?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    not trying to start fights haha

Love you boom <3
  • Options
    ehbacon said:

Love you boom <3</p>

I d love a tour minus boom. Crazy mary would be played kick ass for the first time in 15 years!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    ehbacon said:

PJ_Soul said:

I guess Damien Echols is member number seven since he co wrote army reserve?
  • Options
    ehbacon said:

Love you boom <3</p>

I'm not fighting. We're here to discuss Pearl Jam, so that's what I'm doing! ;)

• Options

I am not sure if there is anyway of knowing if it works because it lets you vote anyways. But I know on some sites you can vote, delete your cookies/close browser and then vote again.

ya that doesnt work..ok guys this seems a bit crazy but everyone try this site type in the url beside Connect to http://loudwire.com/pearl-jam-vs-x-japan-best-live-band-finals/

on this website:
    http://newipnow.com/

im not sure if the locations are the same for all of us because ive only done it on my phone? but its worth a try if you guys want to take it to the next level with me. change the ip to a different city and see if the vote goes threw.