Options

Roll Call NYC 9/26

rvapetervapete Posts: 488
Most of the Global Citizen chatter has been negative. I'm going to see Pearl Jam in the most heralded urban park on the planet...FOR FREE. Anyone who's joining me that wants a place to discuss the event, travel logistics, places to eat/drink etc... feel free to post

See y'all there

Pete

Comments

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I hope to be there too!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    Count me in!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    In!
    Staying at the Roosevelt (I dont like it too much but it was cheap when I booked back in the spring when word spread here that GCF was likely.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    I'm IN!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    okblueduckokblueduck Posts: 427
    Definitely going - Pearl Jam in Central Park - that will probably only happen once ever!
    Fenway 1 & 2 2016
    MSG 1 & 2 2016
    Central Park 2015
    Barclays 2, Seattle 2013
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Boston 1 & 2 2006
    Boston 1 2004
    Augusta 1996
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    signed.. psyched for pj in the park although slightly bittersweet. since this was announced and i can walk there, that means mexico city is out. just makes too much sense financially even as bad as i wanted to rage for 3 hours in mexico city. if there was no GCF, then I fly down to the mexico city. all that being said, cant think of a better time in late sept in the city in the park listening to pj.. i just hope they are last and play close to two hours, but im fully expecting to have them be 2nd to last and play for 60.. gotta manage expectations jsut in case
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,974
    on2legs said:

Count me in!

derbydave said:

I'm IN!!

You both had better say hello to me. I'll be on a blanket outside the venue relaxing and listening! Decided to hang outside instead.
  • Options
    Ron The ShelfRon The Shelf London Posts: 80
    heading over from London, England
    London Wembley Arena - Oct 28, 1996; Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 04, 2000; ; ; Cardiff Arena - Jun 06, 2000; Seattle Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002; ; London Astoria - Apr 20, 2006; Portland Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall - Jul 20, 2006; Berlin Wuhlheide - Sep 23, 2006; London Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007; London Shepherd's Bush Empire - Aug 11, 2009; Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009; London O2 Arena - Aug 18, 2009; London Hyde Park - June 25, 2010; Berlin Wulheide - June 30, 2010; Alpine Valley PJ20 East Troy - Sep 03, 2011; Alpine Valley PJ20 East Troy - Sep 04, 2011; Berlin O2 Arena - July 04, 2012; Barclays Center, Brooklyn - October 18, 2013; Barclays Center, Brooklyn - October 19, 2013; San Siro, Milan - June 20, 2014; Milton Keynes - July 11, 2014; Central Park, New York - September 26, 2015; Maracana, Rio de Janeiro -November 22, 2015
  • Options

on2legs said:

Count me in!

derbydave said:

I'm IN!!

You both had better say hello to me. I'll be on a blanket outside the venue relaxing and listening! Decided to hang outside instead.
    Hell...I may end up on the outside too if I don't win these Global Citizen tickets!!!
    I've completed Journey #2 but can't get the "Phone Call to Congress" task to show up as completed on my rewards page!!
    I've contacted their Help Desk twice but have yet to hear back from them,
    so PLEASE bring a BIG BLANKET :rofl:
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    edited August 2015
    derbydave said:

on2legs said:

Count me in!

derbydave said:

I'm IN!!

Hell...I may end up on the outside too if I don't win these Global Citizen tickets!!!
    I've completed Journey #2 but can't get the "Phone Call to Congress" task to show up as completed on my rewards page!!
    Love the attitude of the "outsiders" haha. I was thinking the same thing rather than VIP, as long as you can hear your'e there...

Dave- I had that problem as well initially using my phone. Apparently my Galaxy 5 ACTIVE has multiple phone call programs and that was leading to the confusion. I thinks it's a similar green phone logo on all androids but may just be Galaxy S5. Hope that helps
    Post edited by rvapete on
  • Options
    nycrats said:

signed.. psyched for pj in the park although slightly bittersweet. since this was announced and i can walk there, that means mexico city is out. just makes too much sense financially even as bad as i wanted to rage for 3 hours in mexico city. if there was no GCF, then I fly down to the mexico city. all that being said, cant think of a better time in late sept in the city in the park listening to pj.. i just hope they are last and play close to two hours, but im fully expecting to have them be 2nd to last and play for 60.. gotta manage expectations jsut in case

Sooner or later I'll make it "down south" as well. Still kicking myself for not going to San Jose as I don't think they'll be back. Brasil will happen one day. I have the RATM DVD from Mexico City and it's insane.

Hopefully they play last which the advertising/notice from the band suggests. Considering there are less acts this year one would assume the sets are longer. A Beyonce PJ Mashup like MIA Festival with Jay would be insane.
  • Options

Awesome!! Bring Caledonian since we now have Nando's
  • Options
    rvapete said:

derbydave said:

on2legs said:

Count me in!

derbydave said:

I'm IN!!

Love the attitude of the "outsiders" haha. I was thinking the same thing rather than VIP, as long as you can hear your'e there...

Dave- I had that problem as well initially using my phone. Apparently my Galaxy 5 ACTIVE has multiple phone call programs and that was leading to the confusion. I thinks it's a similar green phone logo on all androids but may just be Galaxy S5. Hope that helps
    That would make sense...
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Note4!!!!
    What did you do to fix this bug???

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,709
    I'll be in VIP 2. Now way I'll miss this. Don't matter if they an hour of greatest hits I'll be jamming out and happy as hell to get to see make favorite band play live.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    See you in VIP 3
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    derbydave said:

rvapete said:

derbydave said:

on2legs said:

Count me in!

derbydave said:

I'm IN!!

That would make sense...
    When attempting to make the call and being redirected by GC.org just choose the green "phone" looking application rather than any 3rd party calling Apps. Hopefully it's that simple a fix for you as well.
  • Options
    rvapete said:

derbydave said:

rvapete said:

derbydave said:

on2legs said:

Count me in!

derbydave said:

I'm IN!!

That would make sense...
    When attempting to make the call and being redirected by GC.org just choose the green "phone" looking application rather than any 3rd party calling Apps. Hopefully it's that simple a fix for you as well.
    I'm gonna give that a try right now...
    Thanks for the information buddy!!!

• Options
    rvapete said:

derbydave said:

rvapete said:

derbydave said:

on2legs said:

Count me in!

derbydave said:

I'm IN!!

That would make sense...
    IT WORKED...
    Thanks so much for the help!!!!
    :plus_one:

• Options
    Awesome!! Good luck and see ya in NYC
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    I'm in (although i don't have a ticket yet, but I will get one.)

Will be taking NJTransit into MSG then the subway up to Central Park.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    Ron The ShelfRon The Shelf London Posts: 80
    rvapete said:

I'll do my best lol
    London Wembley Arena - Oct 28, 1996; Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 04, 2000; ; ; Cardiff Arena - Jun 06, 2000; Seattle Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002; ; London Astoria - Apr 20, 2006; Portland Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall - Jul 20, 2006; Berlin Wuhlheide - Sep 23, 2006; London Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007; London Shepherd's Bush Empire - Aug 11, 2009; Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009; London O2 Arena - Aug 18, 2009; London Hyde Park - June 25, 2010; Berlin Wulheide - June 30, 2010; Alpine Valley PJ20 East Troy - Sep 03, 2011; Alpine Valley PJ20 East Troy - Sep 04, 2011; Berlin O2 Arena - July 04, 2012; Barclays Center, Brooklyn - October 18, 2013; Barclays Center, Brooklyn - October 19, 2013; San Siro, Milan - June 20, 2014; Milton Keynes - July 11, 2014; Central Park, New York - September 26, 2015; Maracana, Rio de Janeiro -November 22, 2015
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    edited August 2015

on2legs said:

Count me in!

derbydave said:

I'm IN!!

Somebody with a spare ticket help this guy out :smiley:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,177
    My flights are booked.....
    now I just need to win some tickets!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Going to be in VIP2 with wife and kids. Who knows how that's going to go...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    sdavissdavis Posts: 960
    I should be there in VIP3. Had some craziness at work and might end up in Japan instead. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,974
    lolobugg said:

sdavis said:

I should be there in VIP3. Had some craziness at work and might end up in Japan instead. Fingers crossed!

You two had also better get together with me!

We should plan a big meet and greet somewhere.

Anybody interested?
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    rvapete said:

whoa whoa whoa! We have Nandos? Since when? also where?

yea I should be there. I mean I hope to be. I gotta say though if I DONT get tickets I'd rather watch it on tv than listen to it from the the other side of the barrier. That would just be like the world's worst tease ever.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    sdavissdavis Posts: 960

lolobugg said:

sdavis said:

You two had also better get together with me!

We should plan a big meet and greet somewhere.

Anybody interested?
    As long as I'm there, I'm game. If I'm not there, then you can be #1 on my list for 2 VIP3 if your interested.
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

rvapete said:

whoa whoa whoa! We have Nandos? Since when? also where?

yea I should be there. I mean I hope to be. I gotta say though if I DONT get tickets I'd rather watch it on tv than listen to it from the the other side of the barrier. That would just be like the world's worst tease ever.
    They are all over DC I figured y'all would have them up North by now.
  • Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,791
    vip2 !
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...